Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benarus World Diver GMT - Limited to 50 units (Brushed Finish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benarus World Diver GMT - Limited to 50 units (Brushed Finish)

hi! Friends.

here is my first time and little review on Benarus World Diver GMT. just like to share with our Singaporean watch forumers this fantastic micro-brand. Well! firstly, mine is a Brushed steel finish, and according to Steve @ Benarus, mine is the last Brushed steel finish. I nearly missed it. But thanks to Steve, lucky he had one stash away for photography and completely forgotten about it!

here are something about Benarus and specifications of the watch.

About Benarus

Ben•a•rus [ben air us] A Benarus watch is a high quality professional instrument produced in limited quantities and is available to collectors, professional divers, adventurers and watch enthusiasts throughout the world. ?

Founded by Ralf Schreiner in Munich, Germany. Ralf has been a watch collector for most of his life and learned from his father who has also been collecting for over 30 years. Ralf had the goal to create Benarus to bring affordable watches that have the highest quality fit and finish to collectors with the highest standards. These collectors want more watch for their money and that is what Benarus creates. This is achieved by low overhead costs and continuing to focus on research and development with a hands-on approach to quality control, working with the machinists and various production steps involved to get to the final goal.

Benarus watches share the idea that 'Less is More', and all of our dials and parts are easy to read as well as functional. We use Superluminova on our dials to achieve the brightest possible lume. We also use sapphire crystals and 316L stainless cases that are water resistant from 500 meters to 2,500 meters. We use the ETA 2824 Swiss mechanical automatic movement as well as the Miyota 8215 mechanical automatic and we are also testing the latest products that are being developed by both manufacturers.

Benarus watch designer Steve Laughlin joined the company in 2008. Steve has BFA in art / design from Kansas State University and has been a watch enthusiast and collector for over 15 years. Steve got his start in watch design with the Benarus Megalodon. Steve’s background is in Graphic Design, specifically website design and development. He is the Benarus Webmaster and is the contact person for all general questions about Benarus. Steve operates the Benarus headquarters in Kansas City, USA.

Specification - Benarus World diver GMT
    The Benarus Worldiver GMT is a military inspired dive watch that is at home
    500 meters underwater or 500 meters in the cockpit above the sea. An ultimate
    world expedition timepiece able to track 2 time zones and perform in any harsh
    environment. The simple easy to read dial and hand design was achieved by
    studying the simplicity of aviation gauges. The Worldiver Automatic houses the
    ETA 2893-2 mechanical automatic movement.

Case: 316L - 500m/ 1650ft
    Movement: ETA 2893-2 GMT (Swiss ETA)
    Width: 45mm Bezel
    Bezel inserts: alloy, engraved and filled with a c3 lume compound
    Dial: matt black and filled with a c3 lume compound
    Straps: Black Leather, Italian Rubber, Zulu, canvas strap, Steel mesh bracelet with oyster links
    lugs: 22mm
    Crystal: Flat Sapphire
    Height: 15mm Options
    Weight: 146 grams on the leather, 191 grams on the mesh bracelet.
    Packaging: zip up travel box (able to house 4 large (45mm) watches). Made of Canvas & leather.

Side where the watch is being kept, next to it is the mesh bracelet (brushed finish)

Next side, is where the Canvas strap, Leather strap and the italian rubber strap (Vanilla scented)

The Polish/ cleaning cloth, warranty card in your name and the watch in Zulu strap.

First thing i did when i reach home with the watch, was finding out how to unscrew the lug screws and replacing the leather strap with the Zulu strap.

The Local time is Malaysia time, and the GMT 24 hours time is Kansas City, USA. This is a tribute to Benarus for such a great watch. hope i adjusted the GMT time correctly....hehehe..

The beautiful engravings at the back case!!! love it, but its abit rough edge...not really cutting me! but will edge out in the coming years.

this is the beautiful engraved crown, well! also abit rough edge, but no biggie! since its beautiful!

comparison in size with my Luminox 3050 blackout - the luminox is 44mm

comparison in size with my Ball engineer master II - orange diver - Ball is 42mm

Finally, regarding the movement of the watch, its really good, very smooth second hand. And also very accurate. the movement of the second which i can see easily is very similar to the ball watch i have. however, the crown for adjusting the time, date and gmt is not as solid as my Ball. it feels abit rough when you try adjusting, but not in anyway flimsy. just that the ball Swiss eta, is much more smoother.

but Benarus World Diver GMT is now my favorite daily beater. well, just got to get used to the weight....that why there where the Zulu straps comes in...helps alot in reducing the weight! by the way its much heavier compared to ball diver with rubber.

Well! thats all for my watch review, i must say this is my first micro brand, and i'm loving it....i'm looking forward to what Benarus have in the near future. also at some other micro brands, will definitely try them out. Already have my eyes on several diver watches from various micro brands...just that i'm abit tight around the corners and GF is making hell lots of noisy!

Collection
    Ball Engineer II Diver - Orange Dial
    Dievas Vintage 3646

Wishlist
    Panerai PAM000
    Panerai PAM005
    Panerai PAM111
    Panerai PAM177
    Rolex DSSD

Dreamlist
    Cartier Santos 100 XL
    AP Roo - Carbon
    Panerai PAM127E "Fiddy"
    Franck Muller Casablanca
    IWC Pilot (7 day reserve)

Sold List:
    Custom 43mm Pilot Watch - 6497 Skeleton Display
    Omega Seamaster 300M GMT

Very nice...

... Both the watch, as well as the sight of locally less-recognized brands. Its a most welcome break from the usual pam and rolex speak - even if this is the rolex owners club! And congrats on your sweet #24/50!

Alas, I never did quite take to the Benarus line, although they've some real fanatics on other forums. It's a nice watch, just not for me..

Speaking of micro brands - am currently eyeing the Halios Bluering. Just love that blue dial! Keep telling myself I'm buying it for dad's birthday... and I always end up calculating how much 2 pieces would cost...

Looking forward to more unique watches being brought in by Singaporeans!

Comment

Very nice watch....like the GMT function.

Can share what's the damage and where to get in SG? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunster69 View Post
        Very nice watch....like the GMT function.

Can share what's the damage and where to get in SG? Thanks!
        This link will give you an indication of the price
        http://www.benaruswatches.com/gmtauto/index.php

There are variations in prices because of the types of bracelet. I think the steel mesh bracelet is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by SinBanLi View Post
          This link will give you an indication of the price
          http://www.benaruswatches.com/gmtauto/index.php

There are variations in prices because of the types of bracelet. I think the steel mesh bracelet is nice.
          Thanks bro..I will check it out.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X