Is this my last pilot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this my last pilot?

During my interest in watches, I was poisoned by some bros and got extremely interested in Pilot watches.

My first Pilot-like watch was the Sinn 857.

Still love it, but at that time, needed to fund for my first Rolex so sold it.

After some time, managed to save up and got poisoned by the IWC Mark XV.

For some reason, found it to be a tad classy so eventually, out it went as well. Althou, if I ever have the spare cash, I might try to find one again.

For some reason, felt weird without a Pilot type watch in my collection. Hence, got a nice bro was selling the Steinhart Vintage LE using the famed 2801. Gotta have that and into my collection it went to replace the Mark XV!!

However, the lack of date killed the deal for me after some time. Hence, decided to sell it again.

Finally, after 6 mths without a pilot in my extremely small collection, I decided to find another and finally bought this!

As much as I would like to say that my Pilot journey had finally reached full circle, but sadly, I got poisoned by the Type B dial Pilot watch and also, was hoping to maybe add a Stowa non date COSC (One of the original 5 flieger makers) into my collection in the near/far future.

Thanks for reading!
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Mods can help me delete the first post? Seems like Image shack is still giving me issues haiz...I try again

During my interest in watches, I was poisoned by some bros and got extremely interested in Pilot watches.

My first Pilot-like watch was the Sinn 857.

Still love it, but at that time, needed to fund for my first Rolex so sold it.

After some time, managed to save up and got poisoned by the IWC Mark XV.

For some reason, found it to be a tad classy so eventually, out it went as well. Althou, if I ever have the spare cash, I might try to find one again.

For some reason, felt weird without a Pilot type watch in my collection. Hence, got a nice bro was selling the Steinhart Vintage LE using the famed 2801. Gotta have that and into my collection it went to replace the Mark XV!!

However, the lack of date killed the deal for me after some time. Hence, decided to sell it again.

Finally, after 6 mths without a pilot in my extremely small collection, I decided to find another and finally bought this humble pilot!

As much as I would like to say that my Pilot journey had finally reached full circle, but sadly, I got poisoned by the Type B dial Pilot watch and also, was hoping to maybe add a Stowa non date COSC (One of the original 5 flieger makers) into my collection in the near/far future.

Thanks for reading!
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

What a journey! Nice takeoff and I'm sure you are not about to land.
      It's time!

Comment

Originally posted by cruxify View Post
        What a journey! Nice takeoff and I'm sure you are not about to land.
        Thanks for reading my rant

I hope so too man, for the benefit of my wallet I better land soon.

Comment

An interesting story. You have good taste for pilot watches.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Bro Exxondus,
            Classy and smart choice bro! Premier brand, good, imposing yet not overwhelming size at 44mm thus accentuating its versatility. Right up there with the IWC Big Pilot, yet more affordable and certainly matches or exceeds it in terms of brand position. Congratulations!
            If I were you, I'd save up for the G.O Senator Navigator Type B, since you already have the Type A-like version. Sh*t, now I also getting poisoned by G.O, especially their senator sixties and navigator range!
            Sweet 16:
            PP Aquanaut
            VC Overseas
            AP ROO Black Themes
            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
            Breguet Type XXI
            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
            JLC Navy Seals
            GO Senator 60s
            GP Laureato
            Zenith Pilot Extra Special
            Rolex DSSD
            IWC Big Pilot
            Pam 112
            Omega Ploprof
            Breitling Super Avenger
            Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              An interesting story. You have good taste for pilot watches.

Thanks! but talking about pilot watches, I am still way behind Toffeethings, kakashi bros . Btw, when you getting another Laco?

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
              Bro Exxondus,
              Classy and smart choice bro! Premier brand, good, imposing yet not overwhelming size at 44mm thus accentuating its versatility. Right up there with the IWC Big Pilot, yet more affordable and certainly matches or exceeds it in terms of brand position. Congratulations!
              If I were you, I'd save up for the G.O Senator Navigator Type B, since you already have the Type A-like version. Sh*t, now I also getting poisoned by G.O, especially their senator sixties and navigator range!
              Thanks for your advice on pilots!

If I could pull off the BP on my 6" wrist, I would have saved up for that instead. Its really a classy and attractive piece. A pity the lug-to-lug is 56-57mm .

Definitely saving up for the Type B dial. Wonder will have a 2nd hand piece GO Type B for sale anytime soon anot :P but then again, even if have, I cant buy now also cos broke le.

BTW, I think the senator sixties is very classy and dressy. The one with the panaroma date looks great too. I always preferred the date to be above the 6'o-clock there, but a pity GO doesnt really like that place until recently :P

The upcoming seventies also look not bad. The case is very retro looking.

Now then I realise that GO is actually very nice also haha....never really looked at them in the past.

Comment

Yeah, never really considered G.O all that much in the past. Probably because the luna-pano-date deal didn't exactly appeal to me. If only G.O produced a more faithful type A 44mm version to go with their type B, that'll be best.
                In the meantime, here's the link to guide you on the used pricing for the G.O type B : )

http://www.visiotime.com/index.php?p...Detail&id=3011
                Sweet 16:
                PP Aquanaut
                VC Overseas
                AP ROO Black Themes
                A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                Breguet Type XXI
                Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                JLC Navy Seals
                GO Senator 60s
                GP Laureato
                Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                Rolex DSSD
                IWC Big Pilot
                Pam 112
                Omega Ploprof
                Breitling Super Avenger
                Glycine F104

Comment

Nice watches.

Comment

Great journey! Thks for sharing
                    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

power....the steinhart looks great!!!esp with the mocca colour dial and handwind movement...lol
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        power....the steinhart looks great!!!esp with the mocca colour dial and handwind movement...lol
                        ya loh. quite like it still. esp with the vintage mocca strap that came with it. Still missing it haha....

The ETA2801 was also the first and only handwind movement that I ever came into contact with.

The newer vintage 47mm version from Steinhart isnt too bad too. but too bad its 47mm, way too huge for my wrist.

Comment

hehehe....47mm too big for me oso...prefer the handwind version that u used to own....lol
                          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                            hehehe....47mm too big for me oso...prefer the handwind version that u used to own....lol
                            heh, u have a 50-55mm laco right? :P you can also pull off the 47mm if u want de lah

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X