my dirty old patina Helson shark diver bronze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Looks like I will have to do that. But some friends recently told me about this model, that there were some issues with the watch case as it is not bronze but brass . Its website also has a notice that reads,

"Helson Shark Diver BRONZE.
    If you own one of these and your serial number is below 690 and you did not receive an email from us than please contact us."

A little worrying because I really like this watch
    Yes you can read this post......
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...+Bronze+Recall

You are correct bro...
    Mine was under 690 and have sent back to Helson for case change to CuSn5 which is more darker in colour,
    this recall cost him a lot of troubles and extra work but it also proves that the manufacturer Helson is serious in making watches rather than $$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      You must have hated the watch a lot to subject it to such abuse
      Originally posted by Watcha View Post
      Wow daring and nice!
      Originally posted by Jimmee View Post
      Indeed it is insanity but I like it....one word; swee!
      Originally posted by roo7 View Post
      Just curious, will your skin react to it ?

The whole patina looks damn good..
      Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      If the caseback portion that touches your wrist isn't affected and your hands aren't too sensitive I think shld be fine....
      TQ all....
      Is indeed the caseback n crown are made of titanium which is non allergy to skin. Smart choice of materials from Helson.

Now waiting for the Pam382 bronzo owners to show hand their masterpiece of bronze patina. How i wish i can get one bronzo at retail price so i can carry out thos experiment...haha

Comment

Originally posted by bmwcabriox1 View Post
        Just got this watch.... after my first boiled egg treatment

2nd boiled egg treatment and lasted for 12 hours
        follow by dipping in salt water 4 hours then expose to atmosphere then follow again by
        placing in a container of salts without touching for 12 hours and till now this is how it looks like.....

Hi bro bmwcabriox1
        I miss your pics(cos being removed), appreciate if u could post 1 more time for all to share...
        I got the Armida A1 bronze a month ago and try to find a way to patina it. Someone told me to just apply those egg-yolk onto the watch case for 6 hrs, patina will follows.
        Your boiled egg treatment sound interesting, may be u can go into more detail so that we can follow.
        Many thanks in advance!!

Comment

Yeah, really keen to see how it looks!

Comment

Pity we can't see the pics anymore!!
            Owned: IWC Rose Gold 1993 Jubilee, JLC Squadra GMT, Pam 372, Pam...

Comment

I'm curious too to see the Helson patina, so manage to find few snapshots of the photos posted in questions but in smaller file, cannot see the bigger picture.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X