Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy what YOU LIKE, and not necessarily what OTHERS APPROVE of.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy what YOU LIKE, and not necessarily what OTHERS APPROVE of.....

So i recently picked up something that's not the most popular but i've always had a thing for...

While Graham's are known to give huge discounts during sales on their inflated retail prices, they represent "great $ for watch" if purchased pre-owned at sane prices.

To me, this and the Swordfish are totally in your face and unmistakable. One glance and you know it's definitive Graham. Not many other watches come to mind as this indulgent and attention seeking. ( I could be wrong though...)

I sat down with this chap coming in for an interview for a job. Midway through the conversation, he stopped short and asked "if that's a Graham". I never had this with the Rolexs, Pams etc....

This 43mm non-oversized first edition was something i owned some 8 to 10 years back which i subsequently sold. Decided to buy it again when i saw one for sale recently. It sits nicely on my puny 6.3inch wrist and it's definitely less vulgar then the oversized 47mm versions (what more with the pertruding crown / lever not yet factored in).

Speaking of "big watches" on small wrists, i finally took the plunge on an AP Roo which i had always been hesitant to commit to. While dimensions are at 44mm (same as most regular PAMs), the extended end links on the lugs proved intimidating each time i contemplated.

Nonetheless, here are some photos for you to judge (all 6inch to 6.5inch wrist bros) if it suits you fine.

Top View

Side View

Extended Wrist View

The rubber strap at the lugs still seems flexible enought to wrap downwards around my wrist. However, other ROO models on the stiffer hornbacks will definitely leave a gaping hole which may seem unsightly.

All said and done, once the big watch love-affair is done and dusted, there's always the good old Rolex we can rely on.

Have a good week ahead everyone!

Nice...

Comment

Nice story. Nice collection too.

Comment

nice collection there!
        if better is possible, good is not enough

Comment

very nice! AP suits ur wrist bro...

Comment

fully agree. but most Sg folks care more about resale value thus Rolex and Pam are the common stuff on wrists.

Comment

Graham... I love it!!!!

Comment

Many thanks guys!

Wouldnt mind adding a Swordfish to the collection too if i can find one at a decent price. haha!

Comment

Wow, Submariner with NATO looks fresh! Great collection too!

Comment

Wow, Submariner with NATO looks fresh! Great collect too!

Comment

You got a nice collection there

Would you mind sharing details of the interesting strap on your PAM24? Where did you get it from?
                      "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
                        You got a nice collection there

Would you mind sharing details of the interesting strap on your PAM24? Where did you get it from?
                        Strap on the 24 is locally made by this chap whom you will find under the straps for sale section. Search for "Ant"

Comment

great collection bro!

Comment

Nice Graham Bro Lefty! I got the more 'vulgar' and bigger 46mm version, but I must say your 43mm version takes the cake in the looks department : )
                            Sweet 16:
                            PP Aquanaut
                            VC Overseas
                            AP ROO Black Themes
                            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                            Breguet Type XXI
                            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                            JLC Navy Seals
                            GO Senator 60s
                            GP Laureato
                            Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                            Rolex DSSD
                            IWC Big Pilot
                            Pam 112
                            Omega Ploprof
                            Breitling Super Avenger
                            Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                              Nice Graham Bro Lefty! I got the more 'vulgar' and bigger 46mm version, but I must say your 43mm version takes the cake in the looks department : )
                              haha thanks dude. My wrist just cant carry the oversized chronofighter but for those who can, they still look great nonetheless.

While on the subject of a 46mm, I am currently in HK and just missed out on a Swordfish Black Knight Orange. Was in the store 3 days ago when I emailed, flew in yesterday for a business meeting, visited the store today and it's gone. O well, i take that as a blessing in disguise....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X