No announcement yet.

Humbly sharing my little vintage collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice vintage watches you have. I was thinking these few days whether to keep my watches for life instead of flipping them to fund for new ones. Instead of flipping for newer ones, I would keep them and slowly accumulate new ones over the years but I was worried watches going out of fashion and design would look very outdated.

But after looking at your watches dating back to the 1960s and 1970s, the designs still look beautiful and not at any one point did I feel that it was outdated. You have motivated me to collect watches instead of always going after recent models.

Enjoy your watches !
    Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by browncow View Post
      Next up was to be a Monaco. For the longest time, I had foolishly wondered what the fuss was about a square watch with a blue dial....then I saw a Monaco 73633G in the flesh, and I promptly fell in love....
      But the 73633 is manual wind, and a later model. The one closer to my birth year would be the 1133. The blue is the more famous variant, but I prefer the grey variant, the 1133G.
      It took a while to find a decent one within my budget, but when this one came on sale from Denmark, I decided it was the one for me - a 1133G with, once again, a cal.11 movement, and dating to 1970.
      The dial has some 'melt' around the edges, but the case has been beautifully restored, and everything about it is just so...sweet!

Very nice! Love that bracelet!
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

Wow.. definitely takes a lot of effort to hunt all these vintage watches

Comment

Just like vintage cars, the classic watch designs of yesteryear will never go out of style or look dated.
          Just look at the Speedmaster from the 60s, AP Royal Oak and Patek Nautilus from the 70s - they still look as fresh today as 30+ years ago.
          Personally I feel the RO looks much nicer and classic than the modern ROO.
          To me at least, can't go wrong with vintage - much more fun and challenging than going for modern pieces!
          (Or maybe it's just my age lah!!!)

ben

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
          Very nice vintage watches you have. I was thinking these few days whether to keep my watches for life instead of flipping them to fund for new ones. Instead of flipping for newer ones, I would keep them and slowly accumulate new ones over the years but I was worried watches going out of fashion and design would look very outdated.

But after looking at your watches dating back to the 1960s and 1970s, the designs still look beautiful and not at any one point did I feel that it was outdated. You have motivated me to collect watches instead of always going after recent models.

Enjoy your watches !

Comment

By now, it was evident I was on a roll - but instead of stopping at four, I went on to pick up another one!!!
            No thanks to Jeff Stein and Onthedash, the vintage Heuer forum. In Dec 2012, they celebrated the 50th anniversary of the birth of the Heuer Autavia, and in celebration, many many irresistible photos of Autavias were posted up.
            Of the multiple variants of Autavias, I decided I had to have what I felt was perhaps the prettiest Autavia of them all, the 11630P with the decompression bezel. This one came from France, recently serviced, immaculate dial, unpolished case, bezel in good condition, serial number dates to arount 1974 - my first purchase on Chrono24.
            This model was released in 1972 - does it look like a 41 year old design? =)

Comment

bloody nice pieces bro! thanks for sharing. wear it with pride.

Comment

nice monaco there!

Comment

Wow...Very nice collection

Comment

Have deleted some of the early photos, so now 'filling up the gaps'....

The 1970 Monaco 1133G:

The Autavia 1163GMT, circa 1972, now back from her makeover to correct the overpolished case:

The 'panda' Zenith El Primero A384 'tropical' dial, circa 1971/72:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X