No announcement yet.

Rolex Blue GMT Master 116710BLNR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow..u have quite a huge collection? able to advise from your experience which is the best watch you have worn so far and which is a real keeper?

Comment

Nice match w car !

Comment

Nice car.

Oh, sorry, since this is a watch forum, must say something on the watch.

This watch got me drooling also when I saw it. I own a Sub TT. But this watch colour is mine favourite colour. Went searching around AD from chinatown to orchard road. All quoted very EX.

Look at gray market shops and visited several also.

Is a hard difficult watch to buy.

Congrats. You must be proud. Surely goes well with your ride too.

Comment

Nice batman

Comment

Really nice watch...

Sorry side track, planning to get one, maybe I know which city cheaper (Paris, Milan, Zurich) and how much VAT?

Thank in advance.

Comment

"Batman" my favourite watch, hope to get 1 too

Comment

Admire your watch and car.

Comment

IIRC it was $11,670.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Omg! I didn't check in for a long long time and the thread is now 10 pages thick! Lol! Thanks for the all the compliments!

Will try to reply questions that are still relevant today.
                    Current~
                    Breitling for Bentley 6.75
                    Cartier Balon Bleu
                    Girard Perregaux Cat's Eye
                    Panerai Pam 57C/425
                    Sevenfriday P3/2 & P1/2
                    Peter Speake-Marin Serpent Calendar
                    Sarpaneva K3 Moonphase
                    Rolex 326135, 116613, 118139

Sold~
                    Patek Phillipe Nautilus 5711
                    Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167/1A
                    Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor EWC LE01/50
                    Rolex 116710BLNR&LN, 116520, 116400
                    Panerai Pam 183/114
                    Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 6
                    IWC Ingenieur AMG IW3227-03

Comment

• Originally posted by rayleigh View Post
                      Very nicely captured and sharp. I tried using DSLR and I cant get this clarity. Gave up. How did you capture it?
                      Simple point and shoot with mobile phone Bro. The trick is to "joke with the lights". You can take very good wrist shots if the light source is strong. Angled to avoid reflections and glare.

Cheers
                      Current~
                      Cartier Balon Bleu
                      Panerai Pam 57C/425
                      Sevenfriday P3/2 & P1/2
                      Sarpaneva K3 Moonphase

Sold~
                      Panerai Pam 183/114

Comment

• Originally posted by ahken View Post
                        Keen to get this watch in Europe. Italy,Switzerland and France, Which place will be a better buy?
                        I heard Italy should able to get higher tax rebate? Anyone can advise?
                        I don't know which European country offers the best deals but this is what I gathered from my own travels.

1. Holland. Good VAT refunds but the prices are pretty inflexible. Was in boutique but couldn't squeeze one euro out from them. Was in Amsterdam in 2014 but I didn't buy anything.

2. UK. Although the VAT is 20% (flat tax system), after exorbitant charges essentially u get back only about 12% refunds. Bought two Cartiers there in 2012.

3. Spain. Taxes as high as 21% but u receive (it's tiered system) up to 19% refund (after fees) at top tier. I basically bought 4 pieces. 2 for my own consumption. 2 more to bump up the refunds bracket to the max and resell on this forum. Got a nice bulk discount as well. My buyers can get it cheap and I got mine cheap too! Win-win.

4. Italy. Tiered system as well. 14% tax refunded to you. Very good boutique discounts. Not sure how but some dealers move the pieces across the EU and back and avoided tax totally. I got the best discounts while I was in Venice. Again I did the same thing I did in Spain. Buying extra pieces to max out my tax refunds and negotiate with dealer a bulk discount.

5. Switzerland. Flat tax system. Discounts are decent. I bought a Patek there on the back of weak Swiss Francs during 2013.

There are a few factors to watch out for:

1. Currency exchange. Big difference when Euros dipped from 1.7 to 1.5 which is 10% gained already.

2. Pool resources and do bulk purchase in countries that have tier system of vat refunds. I.e higher quantum higher refunds.

3. Credit Card limitations and average 3% fees on cards. Some cards have good rebates on overseas spend which negates the fees. The miles u accumulate might also offset your flight tickets.

4. Luggage space and robbery risk in Europe is real. Be careful!

Cheers
                        Current~
                        Cartier Balon Bleu
                        Panerai Pam 57C/425
                        Sevenfriday P3/2 & P1/2
                        Sarpaneva K3 Moonphase

Sold~
                        Panerai Pam 183/114

Comment

• Originally posted by makapook View Post
                          I don't know which European country offers the best deals but this is what I gathered from my own travels.

1. Holland. Good VAT refunds but the prices are pretty inflexible. Was in boutique but couldn't squeeze one euro out from them. Was in Amsterdam in 2014 but I didn't buy anything.

2. UK. Although the VAT is 20% (flat tax system), after exorbitant charges essentially u get back only about 12% refunds. Bought two Cartiers there in 2012.

3. Spain. Taxes as high as 21% but u receive (it's tiered system) up to 19% refund (after fees) at top tier. I basically bought 4 pieces. 2 for my own consumption. 2 more to bump up the refunds bracket to the max and resell on this forum. Got a nice bulk discount as well. My buyers can get it cheap and I got mine cheap too! Win-win.

4. Italy. Tiered system as well. 14% tax refunded to you. Very good boutique discounts. Not sure how but some dealers move the pieces across the EU and back and avoided tax totally. I got the best discounts while I was in Venice. Again I did the same thing I did in Spain. Buying extra pieces to max out my tax refunds and negotiate with dealer a bulk discount.

5. Switzerland. Flat tax system. Discounts are decent. I bought a Patek there on the back of weak Swiss Francs during 2013.

There are a few factors to watch out for:

1. Currency exchange. Big difference when Euros dipped from 1.7 to 1.5 which is 10% gained already.

2. Pool resources and do bulk purchase in countries that have tier system of vat refunds. I.e higher quantum higher refunds.

3. Credit Card limitations and average 3% fees on cards. Some cards have good rebates on overseas spend which negates the fees. The miles u accumulate might also offset your flight tickets.

4. Luggage space and robbery risk in Europe is real. Be careful!

Cheers
                          Very good and invaluable advice. Based on my understanding , Germany and Sweden use tiered system too. For Spain, wonder if you know what the threshold is to get 19%? Thanks

Comment

• Nice sharing !!

Comment

• thanks for sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by Appledabble View Post
                                Very good and invaluable advice. Based on my understanding , Germany and Sweden use tiered system too. For Spain, wonder if you know what the threshold is to get 19%? Thanks
                                Thx for sharing, very informative. what about Greek countries?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X