My First Sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Sub

The obsession started almost 2 months ago when I was looking to get a new timepiece. Did not start out looking at a Sub.

Was considering the Victorinox Dive Master 500 Mechanical and the Tissot Expert Solar. Then I had a little chat with a friend who suggested the Sub and that was it.

Started researching and reading a ton about the Sub and it's attached history.

Eventually, after more than a month, I decided it was worth it and pulled the trigger. It looks a lot more beautiful in the flesh.

Almost 2 weeks in and I am still in awe of the simplicity and workhorse-like build of the Sub. It's barely left my wrist. No post purchase dissonance here whatsoever.

OMG! This watch is soooooooo handsome

Congratz pal
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Nice watch, super shot.

Comment

Well done pal, I also got my SubC a few days back. It was a Grail and I have achieved it.

Anyway, it's interesting how you went from looking at tissots then suddenly..Rolex!

That escalated quickly haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          OMG! This watch is soooooooo handsome

Congratz pal
          Thanks!

Originally posted by Derick View Post
          Nice watch, super shot.
          Thanks. Just one of many shots I've got now.

Originally posted by adamsmith View Post
          Well done pal, I also got my SubC a few days back. It was a Grail and I have achieved it.

Anyway, it's interesting how you went from looking at tissots then suddenly..Rolex!

That escalated quickly haha!
          Congrats buddy. Once I saw a photo of the Sub, it was like love at first sight.

Comment

No post purchase dissonance here whatsoever? Wait till you research other models, when new models are introduced in the next Basel World, or when you see new in box discontinued models. I started with one back in 2001, now I have a collection of seven.

Comment

Congrats!

It's a great piece; and even greater shot of it you have there.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great to hear you join the club.

Well we have something in common except I bought the Tissot before I got my rolex.

Didn't had a friend to give me those words of wisdom, lucky you!

Comment

Gorgeous Watch

Gorgeous watch bro, may it be passed down from generation to generation.

Comment

Originally posted by parchiao View Post
                    No post purchase dissonance here whatsoever? Wait till you research other models, when new models are introduced in the next Basel World, or when you see new in box discontinued models. I started with one back in 2001, now I have a collection of seven.
                    7! In what order did they all come in?

I'm eyeing a Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT next. That seconds hand sweep.

Originally posted by Choo Yao Chuen View Post
                    Congrats!

It's a great piece; and even greater shot of it you have there.

Thanks for sharing.
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by Yan7 View Post
                    Great to hear you join the club.

Well we have something in common except I bought the Tissot before I got my rolex.

Didn't had a friend to give me those words of wisdom, lucky you!
                    Might just be going back to a Tissot, but much later.

Originally posted by Fadzster View Post
                    Gorgeous watch bro, may it be passed down from generation to generation.
                    Thanks man. Looking to pass it on to my future son/daughter.

Comment

Congrats.

Regardless whatever people say about the Submariner being too common and too popular, its a must have if you are into Rolex professional line.

Good choice. Simplicity at its Best.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
                      it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
                      How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
                      That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
                        Congrats.

Regardless whatever people say about the Submariner being too common and too popular, its a must have if you are into Rolex professional line.

Good choice. Simplicity at its Best.

Absolutely agree. It was the simplicity and symmetry of the Sub No Date that made it irresistible. Not a fan of the cyclops.

I like my watches to be understated and this is one purchase that totally fits.

Comment

Great choice.

I was choosing between the GMT and the Sub too. Finally decided on the Sub as my 1st rollie.

Congrats

Comment

Great piece.

no date is clean n cool.
                            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

that is very true

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X