Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My restored Sea Dweller 1665 Plastic

Hello folks!

Here's my restored Sea Dweller 1665 Plastic. It's been with my family for a while and when I looked at the state it was in due to years of abuse, I decided to overhaul it a few years ago and change a few parts which were totally wrecked. RSC took a month to restore it and when it was ready to be collected I was freaking out behind the counter like a father waiting to see his newborn child. The charges for the restoration were pretty steep but at least the watch is now wearable!

I am thinking of getting it appraised since I've been told it's a good value collectible even if we don't have the box and papers anymore.

What did it look like before?

Originally posted by Fadzster View Post
    Hello folks!

Here's my restored Sea Dweller 1665 Plastic. It's been with my family for a while and when I looked at the state it was in due to years of abuse, I decided to overhaul it a few years ago and change a few parts which were totally wrecked. RSC took a month to restore it and when it was ready to be collected I was freaking out behind the counter like a father waiting to see his newborn child. The charges for the restoration were pretty steep but at least the watch is now wearable!

I am thinking of getting it appraised since I've been told it's a good value collectible even if we don't have the box and papers anymore.

Hi Fadzster,

Would you happen to have a picture of your watch before the service?

Comment

Originally posted by zimmerit5 View Post
      Hi Fadzster,

Would you happen to have a picture of your watch before the service?

Nope bro, but the watch was a total wreck, the screen was chipped and scratched badly, the crown was pretty much destroyed and the faceplate was messed up. So you can imagine how I felt when I saw the restored version.

Comment

that would have been the beauty in a vintage as such. It looks great now, but personally i might have like it better in the original condition. Perhaps that's just me being weird.
        Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

A brilliant looking watch with, I'm sure, a lot of family history behind it.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by MsLucifer View Post
            that would have been the beauty in a vintage as such. It looks great now, but personally i might have like it better in the original condition. Perhaps that's just me being weird.
            Thanks man, I would have loved to have kept the original parts but sadly it was not usable and too banged up to wear for use. I made it a point to restore it and wear it since it was left in the cupboard for over 10 years after my dad retired from the shipyard business. I am looking to get it appraised for it's value, would you happen to know what's the ballpark figure for this 1665/0 6Mil serial Sea Dweller model?

Comment

Originally posted by rolexmile View Post
              A brilliant looking watch with, I'm sure, a lot of family history behind it.

Thanks for sharing.
              Yeah my dad got it a long long time ago when he was still working in Hitachi Shipyard, due to lack of funds to service it and a few other job changes, he didn't wear it anymore after it started becoming faulty, I guess water must have leaked in somehow after so long working in those conditions and he left it at home. Buying a Rolex back then must have been the highlight of his mid life, probably the same as buying a fancy car but in a more classy manner.

Comment

So much history, blood and sweat in this watch.
                This is worth more then a million bucks!!

Comment

Yes, it is indeed very memorable.

My grandpa also left me a 6694 six years back.

It is still working till today, never being serviced.

It is a joy to wind it daily and it still keeps good time.

Very classic, black dial with gold hands.
                  www.facebook.com/SuccessShutters

Comment

Nice watch but do you recall if the previous dial has any red printing on it?

Now with lumi pearl, hands and dial, they should glow like charm.

Comment

Very rare vintage and great heirloom! Yes, it hold good value! Without cert, it doesn't matter!

Comment

Originally posted by LYKeat View Post
                        So much history, blood and sweat in this watch.
                        This is worth more then a million bucks!!
                        It is a valuable timepiece but I'm selling it off. I'm not a watch collector and I'd rather someone who appreciates it more than I do have it at a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by caroland View Post
                          Yes, it is indeed very memorable.

My grandpa also left me a 6694 six years back.

It is still working till today, never being serviced.

It is a joy to wind it daily and it still keeps good time.

Very classic, black dial with gold hands.

6694 is a solid gentleman's watch bro. Will never go out of style!

Comment

Originally posted by Wenda View Post
                            Nice watch but do you recall if the previous dial has any red printing on it?

Now with lumi pearl, hands and dial, they should glow like charm.

No red print on this one, I am sure of this. Glows well now!

Comment

Originally posted by Fadzster View Post
                              6694 is a solid gentleman's watch bro. Will never go out of style!
                              Yeah, if im not wrong according to my dad, it cost 400 plus sgd back in the 70s or 80s....very hot model!!!!
                              www.facebook.com/SuccessShutters

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X