My first holy grail, just to share my joy with all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first holy grail, just to share my joy with all

Hello all, Just received my baby as a gift from mum (who happens to read this forum too). Alittle write up on my journey on collecting my first-ever Rolex, hope I do not bore u all

So I was slacking with a friend in Bukit panjang when I received a call at 7pm that the watch has arrived! So rushed down asap, tho wasnt gonna make it, but AD was nice enough to extend their operating hours. Kudos to them (traffic jam all the way from PIE)

So did all the necessary SOP, ie. checking for scratches, adjusting the links (wrist too thin i guess, got to remove 3 links). Was satisfied with it, so paid up and left. So here it is...

Make a guess, I was contemplating the sub date and gmtc2, guess which side i switch allegiance to

PS. Thanks mum once again!

More to follow...

Comment

reserved

Comment

Should be a GMTIIc, congrates!

Whichever one, you will not go wrong with these 2 pieces.

Envious

Comment

Sori but what is "reserved"? I guess it's the Submariner. Congratz anyway! Show pics.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

my guess is GMTIIc

congrates!!!

btw, lucky to have such a mum haha.. always wanted my dad to buy one for me to treassure keke....nvr happened.

oh well, its ok too.
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              Sori but what is "reserved"? I guess it's the Submariner. Congratz anyway! Show pics.
              haha, i thought can edit my post so will be in a proper order once i upload the pics to tinypic. Also i realise the camera date not updated to the current date lol. I just took it today

Comment

wow..congrats....waiting for dad to bought for me but i bought my 1st rolex with my own hard earned money....hehehehe...bought but never worn....safe queen.....everytime i look at it,it remind me of the efforts to get it..so never got the heart to wear...hahaha...
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                  my guess is GMTIIc

congrates!!!

btw, lucky to have such a mum haha.. always wanted my dad to buy one for me to treassure keke....nvr happened.

oh well, its ok too.
                  yea kind of lucky, mum herself is a watch lover. So she noticed after i ORD, i was not wearing any watch, cos spoiled due to rugged usage. So one thing leads to another.... hehe

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                    wow..congrats....waiting for dad to bought for me but i bought my 1st rolex with my own hard earned money....hehehehe...bought but never worn....safe queen.....everytime i look at it,it remind me of the efforts to get it..so never got the heart to wear...hahaha...
                    must wear must wear.. if not buy for what??

the question is, which one is the next purchase

Comment

buy to remind me that money not easy to earn....not all watches are bought for wearing and time keeping purpose...i got watches for rotation...that piece is extra special to me...not due to the cost but the process....
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        buy to remind me that money not easy to earn....not all watches are bought for wearing and time keeping purpose...i got watches for rotation...that piece is extra special to me...not due to the cost but the process....
                        YES, first ONE is always special.....

My GMT II will always be my most precious one...........the amount of OT, saving........

So i understand what u mean
                        My Small Collection :
                        GMT II 16710 Coke U series
                        JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
                        Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
                        Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
                        Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
                        PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
                        BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

Upon reaching home, Cant wait to rip everything apart to see the beauty, but conscience told me not to do so lol. So after careful handling of the boxes and casing, my next step is to take some pics for u all to enjoy

Will be back later tonight to post more pics eg. wrist shots

To Be continued

Comment

GMT IIC...nice....
                            My Small Collection :
                            GMT II 16710 Coke U series
                            JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
                            Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
                            Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
                            Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
                            PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
                            BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

nice nice.. swee swee hor..
                              I'm a super low-baller

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X