Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our 10th Wedding Anniversary presents ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Very nice pair! Congrats & thks for sharing
      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

It's amazing what you can find in Japan. We managed to find our watches in an obscure pre-owned luxury goods shop in Ueno, Tokyo.

Comment

Learn new thing

Wow! didn't know that cannot wear watch to play. I have been wearing my GMT II to play for a while. Sometime switching my 2 tag heur randomly. Hm...better take it off next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cessna View Post
            Wow! didn't know that cannot wear watch to play. I have been wearing my GMT II to play for a while. Sometime switching my 2 tag heur randomly. Hm...better take it off next time.
            Ops ! I mean play tennis and golf

Comment

Comment

Yup! That is why I always wondered why my kakis always never wore their watches when playing. I never really asked them and assumed they didn't want to get tan lines!

Think of it this way: an automatic movement is made up of very fine and tiny parts that are finely balanced. Then there is also a heavy rotor that experiences sudden G forces with each golf swing. Wearing it a few times for golf might be okay, but repeated exposure over time will most likely put strain on the mainspring balance and all the tiny screws in the movement.

The other option when playing golf is to attach the watch onto your belt, which I've seen some golfers do. I personally carry a quartz watch when on the course, then put on my mechanical watch after the game.

Comment

yes... wear a G-shock...

Originally posted by jonolau View Post
                  Yup! That is why I always wondered why my kakis always never wore their watches when playing. I never really asked them and assumed they didn't want to get tan lines!

Think of it this way: an automatic movement is made up of very fine and tiny parts that are finely balanced. Then there is also a heavy rotor that experiences sudden G forces with each golf swing. Wearing it a few times for golf might be okay, but repeated exposure over time will most likely put strain on the mainspring balance and all the tiny screws in the movement.

The other option when playing golf is to attach the watch onto your belt, which I've seen some golfers do. I personally carry a quartz watch when on the course, then put on my mechanical watch after the game.

Comment

Ha ha, daytime or nocturnal play?

For tennis I wear a cheap Casio digital watch, only $30 brand new.

Comment

It's dangerous to use your Rolex whilst on the golf course. If you swing with it, the auto mechanism could be affected; if you put the watch in the pocket, you may lose it and this has happened to golfers with expensive auto
                      watches.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X