my first new datejust 41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Griftz View Post

Haha. I mean are the scratches on the polished part obvious?
    For light/hairline scratches to show up on the polished parts of a watch, it is only a matter of time. No matter how much you take care of it, unless you DO NOT wear it and DO NOT rub it with cloth, these light scratches will form. If you want a watch like this, just accept it. It's like buying a car and hoping that you will not get stone chips/dings/dents/scratches, right?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

For light/hairline scratches to show up on the polished parts of a watch, it is only a matter of time. No matter how much you take care of it, unless you DO NOT wear it and DO NOT rub it with cloth, these light scratches will form. If you want a watch like this, just accept it. It's like buying a car and hoping that you will not get stone chips/dings/dents/scratches, right?
      Yes, you are right, no choice but have to accept it.

But one thing really make me angry is that yesterday i went to the Rolex AD to adjust the watch bracelet, so she took my watch and go inside the room to adjust, i cannot see what she was doing inside, so make me feel a little bit not comfortable. After that she passed the watch to me and i noticed my watch bracelet, the screw and even the buckle parts got some scratches, then i questioned her and she said the screw is very tight, so definitely will get some scratches if you want to adjust.

So the question i want to ask that do you all encounter this experience before??i told her AD should be very professional by adjust the bracelet without scratch the watch, she just said she can send the watch to polish if i want. So what i should i do now huh??be frank i actually very angry.

Comment

Originally posted by mrkcw View Post

Yes, you are right, no choice but have to accept it.

But one thing really make me angry is that yesterday i went to the Rolex AD to adjust the watch bracelet, so she took my watch and go inside the room to adjust, i cannot see what she was doing inside, so make me feel a little bit not comfortable. After that she passed the watch to me and i noticed my watch bracelet, the screw and even the buckle parts got some scratches, then i questioned her and she said the screw is very tight, so definitely will get some scratches if you want to adjust.

So the question i want to ask that do you all encounter this experience before??i told her AD should be very professional by adjust the bracelet without scratch the watch, she just said she can send the watch to polish if i want. So what i should i do now huh??be frank i actually very angry.
        This is not uncommon. If you scour through the forum, there are many issues wrt how Rolex watches were treated at our Rolex Service Centre (RSC) here. Some had shared their personal (negative) encounters with the RSC here. At the most, RSC would polish the scratches for free. Maybe throw in one or two freebies to appease a customer. And I think, that's about it.

Understand how you are feeling now
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

This is not uncommon. If you scour through the forum, there are many issues wrt how Rolex watches were treated at our Rolex Service Centre (RSC) here. Some had shared their personal (negative) encounters with the RSC here. At the most, RSC would polish the scratches for free. Maybe throw in one or two freebies to appease a customer. And I think, that's about it.

Understand how you are feeling now
          I see..Maybe i have too much expectation/confidence in Rolex AD/RSC, i thought they are professional..haha..Thanks for explaining, really appreciate.

Comment

I see..Maybe i have too much expectation/confidence in Rolex AD/RSC, i thought they are professional..haha..Thanks for explaining, really appreciate.

Any photos? And which AD?

Comment

ohya, one more question to ask, since this is my first rolex watch.
              The salesman discount 7% off from the retail price to me.
              Does anyone can tell me whether 7% off is a good deal??
              Some say can get 10% off, but the salesman told me 7% is the max.
              Was looking at a gold/steel 41mm date just. Sales guy at THG told me max discount 8%.

Comment

Any photos? And which AD?
                Swiss Gallery Watch

Comment

Swiss Gallery Watch
                  One of the scratches, the deepest one..everytime see this scratches make me very sianz...haha

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rolch View Post

Was looking at a gold/steel 41mm date just. Sales guy at THG told me max discount 8%.
                    Wow..that is good..they told me max is 7% for datejust..maybe different AD different discount..

Comment

Wow..that is good..they told me max is 7% for datejust..maybe different AD different discount..
                      Problem with these discounts is they vary, not only from AD to AD, but also within the same AD, from salesman to salesman. Different customers different treatments. And then, there's the factor of timing as well. So, it's not really fair to compare.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Problem with these discounts is they vary, not only from AD to AD, but also within the same AD, from salesman to salesman. Different customers different treatments. And then, there's the factor of timing as well. So, it's not really fair to compare.
                        Understand..Really appreciate for the explain.

Comment

One of the scratches, the deepest one..everytime see this scratches make me very sianz...haha
                          OMG. THAT IS UGLY. i would be so pissed if that was my watch..

Comment

OMG. THAT IS UGLY. i would be so pissed if that was my watch..
                            Ya..I was very angry..haiz...what can I do now??she told me can send back to Rolex to polish, will you do that or wait until a lot of scratches then only go for polish??

Comment

Ya..I was very angry..haiz...what can I do now??she told me can send back to Rolex to polish, will you do that or wait until a lot of scratches then only go for polish??
                              The choice is yours, really. If you can't live with the scratch, then let them send the watch to the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC). Or like you mentioned, wait for more scratches to surface over time then polish. But you have to make sure the service will still be FOC after some years. If I'm not wrong, there is a fee for polishing with the RSC. Better clarify this with the sales woman.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

The choice is yours, really. If you can't live with the scratch, then let them send the watch to the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC). Or like you mentioned, wait for more scratches to surface over time then polish. But you have to make sure the service will still be FOC after some years. If I'm not wrong, there is a fee for polishing with the RSC. Better clarify this with the sales woman.
                                Thanks, bro...i don't know this info if you don't mention about this issue, erm...i think i really need to check with the saleswoman. Really waste a lot of time.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X