Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th Anniversary, bought a second!

Hi everyone!

Joined this forum 5 years ago, after I bought my first Rolex - a Submariner Date.
    The experience was really nice and exhilarating back then, buying it from an AD.

So much has changed in the last years, now it's impossible to buy non-datejust models from an AD
    Decided to buy a second one to commerate my wedding/marriage but just wasn't the same and full experience as before.

Anyway, picture!

Congratulations on your anniversary, and Submariner as the first Rolex is an excellent choice. It is indeed very tough to get other models especially the sport models. Have been trying to look for one in HK, Taiwan and Shanghai aside from SG. Closest I got to was a platinum Daytona in HK but it was way over my budget and credit card limit.

Good luck finding your second Rolex.

Comment

I bought my second, albeit from the grey market. Premiums aside, the purchasing experience was just different compared to buying from an AD.

Not it sure if my previous picture attachment went through given my low post count, trying again here

Comment

Update: I refunded my purchase with the grey dealer. Felt something was up since seeing this and had my suspicions confirmed. Attaching the issue in a picture here for the gurus to spot.
        Attached Files

Comment

9 looks funny..

Comment

can't spot the issue. care to educate?

Comment

The original purchase date was 21-Mar-2018
              Grey dealer (or his source) wrote over it to falsify the date to 2019 to misrepresent the watch as new and invalidating the warranty card in the process.

Watch was also not LNIB, it has signs of wear and polishing to cover up the scratches. The deeper scratches and dings could still be seen under bright LED light at various angles.

Comment

Wah this is unethical!

Comment

which grey dealer is it? glad you could still get your refund.

Comment

Originally posted by clementtan View Post
                    The original purchase date was 21-Mar-2018
                    Grey dealer (or his source) wrote over it to falsify the date to 2019 to misrepresent the watch as new and invalidating the warranty card in the process.

Watch was also not LNIB, it has signs of wear and polishing to cover up the scratches. The deeper scratches and dings could still be seen under bright LED light at various angles.
                    OMG ...

This is downright unethical. It doesn't matter if it's the fault of the dealer's source. The person/shop you make the purchase from has care of duty to ensure authenticity of sale and product descriptions. Such falsifications can be classified as cheating, and cheating is a crime here.

For the greater good of the watch community here, and abroad, you should let us know which grey dealer. I'm sure now, the grey watch industry here, is already affected by a 'black sheep'.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

yea should share which dealer its from

Comment

Had planned on giving the grey dealer the benefit of doubt, seeing as a full refund was offered.

However it appears the same watch is being put up for sale again on their website listing (ST2935), which was marked as SOLD after I bought, but now as of this time of writing being advertised as AVAILABLE, brand new and cert dated 2019:

http://www.seasonstime.com/watches-i...=5&id=1533

remove the “amp;” before id= if it appears in the URL when copy/paste
                        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X