Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Explorer II Polar 16570

First Post.

I have always like Explorer II. The fact that it is not popular and an under-rated Rolex watch attracted me. It deserve more appreciations for its more than average features.

But I already owned Milgauss, another under-rated Rolex, so I didn't act upon it for sometime. That is until I went to Macau earlier this year and visited a Rolex store in Venetian Macau and tried the Explorer II 216570. It looks even better in person than in pictures. But Alas, my hand was to small for its 42 mm case and it looked oversize. Since than, I have been on the look for the smaller case 16570 with Polar dial, more specifically after doing some reading and research, the Transitional 16570 with 3186 movement produced between 2008 (before that it was the 3185 movement) and 2011 (after which it was replaced with the bigger case 216570). Everytime I saw a post for 16570 I would inquire and more time than not it was the 3185 movements and/or the black dial version. Until last week, I noticed a Polar 16570 with Rolex Branded Rehaut, one of the telling sign of 16570-3186. Eventhough the seller mentioned 3185 as the movement I decided to have a look at the watch to confirm, lo and behold, it was indeed the 3186 movement. A deal was stroke and the watch changed hands.

Here is the picture of the watch for your viewing pleasure.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by sscdownsouth View Post
    First Post.

I have always like Explorer II. The fact that it is not popular and an under-rated Rolex watch attracted me. It deserve more appreciations for its more than average features.

But I already owned Milgauss, another under-rated Rolex, so I didn't act upon it for sometime. That is until I went to Macau earlier this year and visited a Rolex store in Venetian Macau and tried the Explorer II 216570. It looks even better in person than in pictures. But Alas, my hand was to small for its 42 mm case and it looked oversize. Since than, I have been on the look for the smaller case 16570 with Polar dial, more specifically after doing some reading and research, the Transitional 16570 with 3186 movement produced between 2008 (before that it was the 3185 movement) and 2011 (after which it was replaced with the bigger case 216570). Everytime I saw a post for 16570 I would inquire and more time than not it was the 3185 movements and/or the black dial version. Until last week, I noticed a Polar 16570 with Rolex Branded Rehaut, one of the telling sign of 16570-3186. Eventhough the seller mentioned 3185 as the movement I decided to have a look at the watch to confirm, lo and behold, it was indeed the 3186 movement. A deal was stroke and the watch changed hands.

Here is the picture of the watch for your viewing pleasure.
    wow.. nice photos. thanks for sharing. yes the exp2 40mm is definitely a special piece. congrats. and nice nails too

Comment

Originally posted by jackpereira67 View Post

wow.. nice photos. thanks for sharing. yes the exp2 40mm is definitely a special piece. congrats. and nice nails too
      Lol, thanks but that was not my nail but the salesperson's.

Comment

Tested it on leather strap.
        Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful watch

Thanks for sharing
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse