Elyjacob's first Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
    maybe they have to chop carrot head to pay the ladies they pay to distract you from their price...

I like the sports series... hope to collect at least one from each...
    agree the girls at pengkwee quite ok looking, of course there is a few lao jiao (old birds). like i mentioned before, once i was offered a nice tt DJ complete with box/papers. and at a very competitive price. i think the girls recognise me as i go there to look out and compare. so they try and lure me in.

i don't mind getting a pre-owned but i would like to get one with full set, meaning box, cert and other booklets that come with the watch.. not many have that... saw a submariner at passion but only comes with box... decided against it even though good price as i wanted my first rolex to come with everything...
    pre owned better in my opinion as the value wont drop too far. but passions also quite expensive just like pengkwee.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    SD at list? oh my...thats...
    yuh... sweh (bad luck). i looking at expII and now the price kenna jump sky high. this also reflect in 2nd hand market, and now my next timepiece may be a bit more expensive.

but now looking for a black gmtmaster with all black bezel. i wonder what is the going rate for one of those.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      yuh... sweh (bad luck). i looking at expII and now the price kenna jump sky high. this also reflect in 2nd hand market, and now my next timepiece may be a bit more expensive.

but now looking for a black gmtmaster with all black bezel. i wonder what is the going rate for one of those.
      Passions is just popular and they have webby only..agreee that prices not that great.

I think ard 6k for the GMT liaos

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Passions is just popular and they have webby only..agreee that prices not that great.

I think ard 6k for the GMT liaos
        whoa... and im guessing quite a few second hand dealers dont have any box/papers with them. 6k also quite high for preloved, since new is bout 11.5-13k iirc

time to call my uncle and ask him to be on the lookout for expII and gmtmaster.

but i will need to sell my DJ first... to fund my next watch.

passions webby also quite lousy... update only once a while. also the staff want to give me $300 for my 6694. baskit.... silly price. and want to chop carrot when i enquire about a tradein
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

whoa... and im guessing quite a few second hand dealers dont have any box/papers with them. 6k also quite high for preloved, since new is bout 11.5-13k iirc

time to call my uncle and ask him to be on the lookout for expII and gmtmaster.

but i will need to sell my DJ first... to fund my next watch.

passions webby also quite lousy... update only once a while. also the staff want to give me $300 for my 6694. baskit.... silly price. and want to chop carrot when i enquire about a tradein
          Well discontinued already wad...so higher in demand lor haha

wtf? $300...

Comment

Well discontinued already wad...so higher in demand lor haha

wtf? $300...
            true should have looked at gmt long time ago. maybe i have to wait a bit for the hype to subside then i buy. otherwise it become like daytona again or the old milgauss

ya. i almost wet my pants laughing at their price for trade in, and my second hand shop also said the SA was asking to be abused.
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

true should have looked at gmt long time ago. maybe i have to wait a bit for the hype to subside then i buy. otherwise it become like daytona again or the old milgauss

ya. i almost wet my pants laughing at their price for trade in, and my second hand shop also said the SA was asking to be abused.
              Next time they say $300..u tell them 300 u sell me la...or 500 also can

Comment

maybe they are saying for the nite?? or per session??

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Great Choice! Handsome Watch!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                    maybe they are saying for the nite?? or per session??
                    sorry... no chio SA, male one somemore
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Thanks! Was considering SD or Sub... went for Sub because SD currently going at list price at most of the shops i enquire... i also like the nice etched bezel inner walls...
                      first off, congrats on your 16610. the engraved reahut to some is a nice addition cos other then the engraved RolexRolexRolex wordings, the unique serial number of your 16610 is there too. So IMO its a good addition. As for prices of SD, ADs are selling them at list price simply because of the speculation that it will be discontinued. My humble view is to wait out the rumours and see what happen or you may wanna consider a preowned piece since there are occasional pieces up for sales here in the forum.
                      HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                      REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Agree with you bro. will wait out the rumours... and replenish some cash as well...
                        In The Bag
                        Him
                        Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
                        Her
                        Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
                        Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

congrats on yr new subbie, it's an icon that will def last a lifetime. as for SD, something tells me that it may not be discon afterall but that's just a hunch. so which kid are you passing this subbie to?
                          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

hahaha... i haven't thought of it yet... if they all grow up to be well to do and can afford Rolex or equivalent in their time, I may sell off my precious so that I can go around the world with my missuss...
                            In The Bag
                            Him
                            Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
                            Her

Next Target

Comment

Hi guys!

My heart was moved to try another nest in terms of investment... Watches they say can make good investments.. Nevertheless, my main aim is to have Rolexes to give away to my 3 children... So here's my first one.. Just bought yesterday....

Hope to be able to slowly but surely enlarge my collection in years to come!

In the Bag
                              Submariner 16610 M350XXX

Wishlist
                              Sea Dweller
                              Explorer II White face
                              Daytona
                              GMT Master II
                              congrats on your new acquisition... it's really a nice watch. i have the same intention of passing my watches to my 2 kids also. arent the kids having a good life now?
                              Submariner SS 16610 M Series
                              Date SS 115200 Z Series (for her)
                              BR 02 Blue

Comment

so true... but we need to remind the kids of the hardship we had.. just a few days ago, my son was trying to be difficult.. he just refused to come out of the car, complaining that the door couldn't open wide enough where I parked. I took a look and am sure that even an adult could get out. Really blew my trumpet at his behaviour of complaining at the slightest difiiculties without even trying!

back home, i sent him off to bed. but not before telling my wife to talk to him.. (part of mom and dad tag team!) soon after he came out apologising and I seized the opportunity to tell him about how lucky he is, etc... hopefully he learns something
                                In The Bag
                                Him
                                Her

Next Target

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X