No announcement yet.

Rollies To Share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grats on your lovely watches, i suggest you find out the model and do some searches on the forums to get a estimate.

correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think rsc will be able to put a value to the old models and i'm pretty sure if you bring it to any 2nd hand dealer you will most likely get a bad deal and they'd probably say anything like they need to service it etc...

to be honest, i feel that you shouldn't trade away the 'older' watches. you might be able to wear them in future and regret trading or selling them away. you will always be able to get another gmt in future, but you may never find the watches your father gave you... after you sold or traded them away. enjoy the watches and wear them in good health.
    fallraen
    "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Originally posted by fallraen View Post

to be honest, i feel that you shouldn't trade away the 'older' watches. you might be able to wear them in future and regret trading or selling them away. you will always be able to get another gmt in future, but you may never find the watches your father gave you... after you sold or traded them away. enjoy the watches and wear them in good health.
      Oh I am not getting RSC to quote a value, but rather find out the model number. Not sure if they would do it for free. Bro Pegasi had a suggestion above, but I thought you only find serial numbers and not model number on any part of the watch.

I am keeping the Date, just thought of selling the Datejust coz I don't wear gold. But yes, the thought of keeping it for sentimental reasons did coem across my mind. So I thought I keep one and sell the other

Comment

[QUOTE=tkc;314846]Oh I am not getting RSC to quote a value, but rather find out the model number. Not sure if they would do it for free. Bro Pegasi had a suggestion above, but I thought you only find serial numbers and not model number on any part of the watch.QUOTE]

The serial number is at the 6 o'clock position between the lungs, while the model number is at the 12 o'clock position between the lungs. The model number can also be found inside the case back.

Above should apply to most rollies and tudors, but not sure about the latest sport models with chapter ring since the chapter ring already has the serial number on it.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Damn shiok. I am learning new things every day here.

thanks Bro Pegasi! will go check it out!

Comment

[QUOTE=pegasi;314857]
            Originally posted by tkc View Post
            Oh I am not getting RSC to quote a value, but rather find out the model number. Not sure if they would do it for free. Bro Pegasi had a suggestion above, but I thought you only find serial numbers and not model number on any part of the watch.QUOTE]

The serial number is at the 6 o'clock position between the lungs, while the model number is at the 12 o'clock position between the lungs. The model number can also be found inside the case back.

Above should apply to most rollies and tudors, but not sure about the latest sport models with chapter ring since the chapter ring already has the serial number on it.
            Sorry Pegasi. That should be "lugs" and not "lungs".
            If our watches had lungs, I think it would be very interesting!

Comment

hahaha thanks for pointing out my poor english, paisay paisay
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

sell your rolex

Hi Guys! I'de like to share my Rolex watch .

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X