No announcement yet.

Fedex brought me my Coke from US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes don't fall into traps if you find a deal that is too good to be truth...
    You have to be very sure that the seller will send out the watch when you send out your money.

As for GST, it all depends on your luck... if the custom open your parcel and find out you purchase a Rolex from overseas, they will make you pay GST before you can collect your watch.

Originally posted by mythbreaker View Post
    Hi Bro, care to share how to arrange the shipment? actually, i saw at least 2 sellers (3weeks ago) selling Pepsi and Coke with 3186 cal at listed price (US$5.8K-US$6K). I did not pull the trigger becos of tansaction risk and shippment arrangment, insurance, etc etc. btw, do u still need to pay GST??

Comment

thanks, bro, ya lor, this is the transaction risk i am talking abt. unless got a friend in US to deal face to face.
      btw, US$5.8k-US$6K for a GMTII3186 is not a really good deal, the sellers just off load their speculative purchase. I think in Asia Pacific, people still crazy abt this hype. that's why we see people asking for S$10.5K for GMTII (3186) and even a guy claim a "rare rare" explorer II with 3186 at S$9K in this forum. anyway, willing seller and willing buyer, if they manage to find....

Comment

guys, is a GMT with serial Z97******* a 3186 too?

Comment

Wah... so many enquries my PM box almost full!!!

Ok a few things:

1) This is not a cheap watch that u want to try your luck purchasing w/o insurance. Once u purchase insurance and use a courier like DHL, Fedex, etc., u'll need to pay GST! Please dont save on this, u may risk losing the whole watch altogether.

2) Second its not easy to ship this watch out of US, my friend and i ran into problems. US has a policy regarding exporting an item with a value exceeding USD2,500. You have to make a special export declaration (SED) before the item can be shipped out (CONUS and Canada exempted). My shipment was stuck in Fedex US for a few days.

3) Purchasing a Rolex from an AD in US cannot be done via online. Its against Rolex policy, hence the dealer will NEVER ship the item to u. In addition, they will not have the warranty card left blank. Your name has to be on it.

4) To hurhur, three things (IMO) can help to identify the 3186 movt:

a) Opening up the caseback
          b) Do the wiggle test
          c) If your 16710A came with the updated guide showing a 116710 and parachrom guide.

As for the price, i'm not at a liberty to disclose (public) but i'll say its definitely decent considering what we have to pay for a pre-owned piece here. U can read more about how i found this gem here http://watchtalkworld.proboards84.co...2&page=1#15487

and my short review of the watch here : http://watchtalkworld.proboards84.co...ay&thread=1332
          sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

Very little chance but at least there is still a little chance... open up and see loh....

Originally posted by hurhur View Post
            guys, is a GMT with serial Z97******* a 3186 too?

Comment

take to RSC they will know if the mov't is 3185/6
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

nice watch
                it make me heart pumping
                this is call beauty when come to GMT

hmmm
                wonder my friend will help me to find one as well

Comment

hi bros

can kindly pm me the damage as well
                  i am being poison
                  no antidote

Comment

Haha I wonder if it is worth it to save on the GST by declaring it as gift with value below $400.

Given my estimate that it was gotten for between $7000-9000, you would save $490-630!

Hahaha the temptation to save...

Comment

LoL thought you really like USA coke so much you got to have it delivered all the way here!

Comment

how much is the freight charges?

Comment

U have no idea how much trouble i went through to track one down. There's no stock in Singapore, HK, London, Belgium, Australia, etc. It was also out of stock in many parts of US. Fortunately for me, a friend found one for me in Carolina. Short of me making a trip all the way to US just for a watch, getting it shipped to me is the only viable option.

Originally posted by DanielKhong View Post
                          LoL thought you really like USA coke so much you got to have it delivered all the way here!
                          sys12345

Comment

I cant recall offhand, its quite a while back (practically forgotten about posting this thread). I'll need to see if i still have the freight invoice with me.

Originally posted by bentan76 View Post
                            how much is the freight charges?
                            sys12345

Comment

Originally posted by sys12345 View Post
                              I cant recall offhand, its quite a while back (practically forgotten about posting this thread). I'll need to see if i still have the freight invoice with me.
                              Hey bro, can PM me the price you got for this piece? thanks

Comment

PM sent.

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                                Hey bro, can PM me the price you got for this piece? thanks
                                sys12345

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X