X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5512 - latest addition

SSweeee

HOw much you paid?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Very nice. What is the value for this watch now?

Comment

VERY VERY NICE!!! It reminds me of the 5513 I almost bought 2 months ago... that 5513 was asking $8k... so never buy loh... btw, did I miss a good sale?

Comment

Beautiful patina!!!! What a fine example!
          "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
          --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
            VERY VERY NICE!!! It reminds me of the 5513 I almost bought 2 months ago... that 5513 was asking $8k... so never buy loh... btw, did I miss a good sale?
            Depends on what year, dial etc. Newer 5513 say from the 80's are about this price. Older meters first dials are more expensive and if you can find one with gilt dial or underline you pay top dollar!

5512 is less common or is kept more in collections, so more difficult to find. A nice 5512 was sold a few days ago on eBay for 13,500 $ with B&P but without the original bracelet. Mine has no B&P but does have the original rivet bracelet.
            Last edited by BasT; 12-09-08, 08:16 AM.

Comment

niceeee...

Comment

neat!
                nice watch

Comment

According to the series number of the 5513 I saw, the watch production year should be in the 60s.

Originally posted by BasT View Post
                  Depends on what year, dial etc. Newer 5513 say from the 80's are about this price. Older meters first dials are more expensive and if you can find one with gilt dial or underline you pay top dollar!

5512 is less common or is kept more in collections, so more difficult to find. A nice 5512 was sold a few days ago on eBay for 13,500 $ with B&P but without the original bracelet. Mine has no B&P but does have the original rivet bracelet.

Comment

Originally posted by BasT View Post

...so you didn't tell us how much you brought it?

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lee^ View Post
                      ...so you didn't tell us how much you brought it?
                      That's right But close to the price on eBay

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        According to the series number of the 5513 I saw, the watch production year should be in the 60s.
                        If dial was matte, tritium and original and watch in good condition, with either riveted or folded bracelet, then it was probably worth the 8,000. I was offered a matte dial with meters first 5513 for about 9,000 a few weeks ago.

If dial was gloss and gilt you missed out on one hell of a bargain

Comment

very nice. have not seen one in the wild yet. congrats.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats & enjoy!
                            运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

thanks for all the kind words

and as a bonus some extra pics. When you hear "Rolex" and "Steve McQueen" in the same sentence, which watch do you think of? The orange hand Explorer II 1655?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X