No announcement yet.

Proud Owner of A Rolex GMT Master II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, since my very first post... I'm having a bit of a problem with my GMT master II. When adjusting the hour hand, the movement doesn't click at each hour like it's supposed to. The minute hand, 24-hr hand and seconds hand still run. But the hour hand doesn't move like it's supposed to at each hour intervals (it's basically frozen). Something broke?

is this a known problem after awhile? It has been 6 years since I bought it (no servicing done and the power reserve has been good since day 1).

I'll probably bring it back to RSC for a full servicing. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bums33 View Post
      Hi all, since my very first post... I'm having a bit of a problem with my GMT master II. When adjusting the hour hand, the movement doesn't click at each hour like it's supposed to. The minute hand, 24-hr hand and seconds hand still run. But the hour hand doesn't move like it's supposed to at each hour intervals (it's basically frozen). Something broke?

is this a known problem after awhile? It has been 6 years since I bought it (no servicing done and the power reserve has been good since day 1).

I'll probably bring it back to RSC for a full servicing. Any advice would be great! Thanks!
      "movement doesn't click at each hour" ... is there supposed to be a click for each passing hour?? Do you mean the hour doesn't move at all, while the other hands all move?

Think it's better to get the problem diagnosed at the RSC. And do it soon.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

"movement doesn't click at each hour" ... is there supposed to be a click for each passing hour?? Do you mean the hour doesn't move at all, while the other hands all move?

Think it's better to get the problem diagnosed at the RSC. And do it soon.
        The hour hand moves when you're adjusting it. But it doesnt move at all when the time is running. Only hands running are GMT, minute and seconds

Comment

The hour hand moves when you're adjusting it. But it doesnt move at all when the time is running. Only hands running are GMT, minute and seconds
          Sounds like you need to consult a 'doctor'. Do so soon and keep us updated if you can
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Sounds like you need to consult a 'doctor'. Do so soon and keep us updated if you can
            Was advised to do a full servicing $900+. Counter lady said something broke and full servicing will rectify the issue. Also said no servicing done before and wearing it occasionally could have caused it. Dunno to believe or not coz my more than 10 year old sub still running

Comment

Was advised to do a full servicing $900+. Counter lady said something broke and full servicing will rectify the issue. Also said no servicing done before and wearing it occasionally could have caused it. Dunno to believe or not coz my more than 10 year old sub still running
              Whether to believe it or not you don't really have a choice, right? Unless you don't mind seeking a second opinion from an independent watch tech, which I think you may still have doubts on the diagnosis. If you trust the RSC, then let them fix it. At least, there's some warranty provided by RSC after servicing/repair. Another assurance is you're going to get genuine ROLEX parts replaced if there's any need to do so.

I think their standard practice is like that, i.e. once a watch sent in shows no servicing done by them over a specific period (maybe more than 5 years), RSC will want you to take up a basic service package with them before they accept the watch for other repairs/requests.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

congrats! subtle watch

Comment

Congrats! Nice and sporty black...Never runs out of fashion.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X