Old man's watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t28 View Post
    It is indeed a creamy champagne colored dial. I had the half gold version with that same dial. Loved that dial n it was a struggle to sell it for the Day-Date. But no regrets at all, cos mine was only half gold...
    So you like this "panda" combo? How is the readability in bright day lit?

I was wanting to get the "black with champagne sub dials" version. But this "creamy metallic white" dial looks more interesting. Lets see whether I will keep this or exchange it for the black dial.
    Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken3 View Post
      upgrade from half gold to full gold!
      Originally posted by Throttle
      Gold gold gold!

Yeah!
      You bros are poisonous!!!!

Yes, GOLD! GOLD! GOLD!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eastsider View Post
        Yo champagneluver n t28, i also keen on hulk n panda daytona. Think most likely gonna buy when i visit uk in jan.

U guys happen to know good places there for watches? Even though i really wanna get the panda daytona but i think i may end up playing safe buying a hulk first since its cheaper
        Bro eastsider, maybe the 3 of us can buy together to ask for a better discount! But I don't think it will be easy as most sellers are selling it at a premium.

You may want to check with fellow bros in the forum regarding buying in UK. I was in UK in early July but it is not cheap at all!

I tried Cambridge, London and Frankfurt airport. All don't offer discount (for 116528 and 116610LV) and with only currency exchange & VAT rebate, it is not worth getting at all.

But they do have many popular models like AP ROOs, IWC big pilot, IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar, etc.

Good luck to your watch hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
          So you like this "panda" combo? How is the readability in bright day lit?

I was wanting to get the "black with champagne sub dials" version. But this "creamy metallic white" dial looks more interesting. Lets see whether I will keep this or exchange it for the black dial.
          Yah I find this panda look unique cos the half gold models seldom see this dial, and usually the numbers dial are only found on full gold models. Such a complicated dial with gold hands does makes telling time slower but I get to enjoy the beauty of the dial longer. I remember feeling like telling time was secondary, admiring the beauty was primary.

I think for full gold u have so many nice dials to choose from!
          I'm in bad company........

Comment

Yo champagneluver n t28, i also keen on hulk n panda daytona. Think most likely gonna buy when i visit uk in jan.

U guys happen to know good places there for watches? Even though i really wanna get the panda daytona but i think i may end up playing safe buying a hulk first since its cheaper
            I never buy from overseas before, can't help there. I think there're abt 3 pre-owned panda dial Daytona ard for sale, 1 in WG and 2 half gold.

Comment

Beautiful Daytona

I have never seen any old man wearing gold daytona (or whatever daytona), only gold DD or 6694 usually. So if you want an old man watch please sell your daytona cheap cheap to me and buy one of the mentioned.

Saw on TV before this Chinese singer 那英 wearing a similar RG Daytona but don't remember what dial it was.
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by t28 View Post
                I think for full gold u have so many nice dials to choose from!
                So is the Panda consider a nice dial? I'm loving it a bit more everyday!

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                  Beautiful Daytona

I have never seen any old man wearing gold daytona (or whatever daytona), only gold DD or 6694 usually. So if you want an old man watch please sell your daytona cheap cheap to me and buy one of the mentioned.

Saw on TV before this Chinese singer 那英 wearing a similar RG Daytona but don't remember what dial it was.
                  Thank you for your kind words!

Then I am the first old man to wear such a YG Daytona!

My urge to get a GOLD watch is due to my age and the gold Daytona (instead of other gold watches) is due to Victoria Beckham wearing a Everrose Daytona (think is pink dial)!!

Comment

Aha, I thought yours is a RG. The pic that show the whole watch looks more RG than YG.

Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                      Aha, I thought yours is a RG. The pic that show the whole watch looks more RG than YG.
                      Its YG. I find the Rolex RG too pinkish to my liking and my skin tone cannot carry it well.

My wife also commented that some how the YG on this watch looks a tad lighter in colour, maybe I got a lemon!!!

Comment

Some more shots .....

Some more shots to confirm its identity

Comment

Family shot with my wife's ....

Comment

hi

my Hulk was bought from London when I was there 2 months ago. I emailed the store manager before my trip to enquire about stock availability. he was very responsive, helpful and obliging. if you want, you can PM me for his contact. cheerios.

I don't need another watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Otar View Post
                              hi

my Hulk was bought from London when I was there 2 months ago. I emailed the store manager before my trip to enquire about stock availability. he was very responsive, helpful and obliging. if you want, you can PM me for his contact. cheerios.
                              This is what I like about this forum. Fellow forumers are helpful and willing to share!

And I got the Hulk poison from you bro!

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
                                Some more shots to confirm its identity
                                Really like yr pics! The effect so nice!

And it's definitely a nice dial ESP in YG!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X