Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice?

Comment

Beautiful collection. I love seikos. Thinking of getting a red monster but its so much more expensive than the orange monster just because its limited. What do u guys think? sorry kinda off topic ... can't help bringing it up after seeing so many seikos

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
        Henry, thanks for your link. I bought 3 seiko divers off my second-cousin today. He's a seiko dive-watch collector and these are his spare pieces. The older divers are really pretty... Amazing value... 3 watches for 5.7% the price of one used sub 14060M !

ref: 7002, 6039-7290 and 6039-7940. Debating whether to get the cases repolished.

Well, these will keep me happy while I rebuild my cash stash after the recent sub 168000 I purchased

Hey, those are pretty cool divers that you got. Please post some pics.

Try to locate a 6105 too, but they ain't cheap. The asking price scare me off.

Regarding polishing: it depends on how bad the case condition is. Usually polishing will round off the original sharp edges and I don't like this. Also, you have to get someone skilled enough to put back the brushed finish on some planes and this is a tough one.
        'The way to high office is by the crooked stairs.' - Queen Elizabeth I (in the movie)

Comment

Originally posted by vincehoster View Post
          Beautiful collection. I love seikos. Thinking of getting a red monster but its so much more expensive than the orange monster just because its limited. What do u guys think? sorry kinda off topic ... can't help bringing it up after seeing so many seikos
          Red monster is highly collectible. Worldwide only 1313 pcs.

The monster dive series are running on 7S26, which is known to be able to run for half a century w/o servicing!
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

They also have the Yellow and Blue before the Red, all limited editions.

A group of friends and myself must have bought a combined total of 20 pcs of the Orange and Black Monsters when they first came out. I have 1 pc each of the Orange and Black, but sold them. I rather prefer the old models.
            'The way to high office is by the crooked stairs.' - Queen Elizabeth I (in the movie)

Comment

Originally posted by Henry T View Post
              They also have the Yellow and Blue before the Red, all limited editions.

A group of friends and myself must have bought a combined total of 20 pcs of the Orange and Black Monsters when they first came out. I have 1 pc each of the Orange and Black, but sold them. I rather prefer the old models.
              the limited models have the same everything as the orange and the blacks right? only colour difference but about 3 times as much. Is it worth it?

Comment

the limited models have the same everything as the orange and the blacks right? only colour difference but about 3 times as much. Is it worth it?
                The major differences are:-

**The Limited Editions (blue, yellow, red dial) - Saphire crystal with a cyclop, 7S36 movement. Price is about RM800.

**Normal versions (orange, black) - Hardlex crystal with no magnification for the date, 7S26 movement. Price is about RM1500 and all sold out I'm sure.

Comment

**The Limited Editions (blue, yellow, red dial) - Saphire crystal with a cyclop, 7S36 movement. Price is about RM800.

**Normal versions (orange, black) - Hardlex crystal with no magnification for the date, 7S26 movement. Price is about RM1500 and all sold out I'm sure.
                  i think i might be able to to get the red one for around s$1000 for the limited one and the OM for around s$250 online. the diff is 4x. but now that u mentioned the diff, it might be worth it Thanks! just saw the OM in metal today, looks better in pictures.

Comment

Reading this old post I noticed I got the prices wrong. It should be the other way around.

It is RM1500 for the LE and

RM800 for the non-LE.

Comment

My 9-year old Seiko 5, bought in Dubai (transit to London).

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
                        My 9-year old Seiko 5, bought in Dubai (transit to London).

I bet this old faithful is still running strong.

Comment

I think so too. Seiko 5 are well known work horses!
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Yep - it's still working.

I hardly wear this because the face has this simple elegent old-charm look - very 'sayang' to wear and scratch it, although it was not expensive.

Simplicity at its best.
                            Last edited by robert; 22-01-08, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Here's mine......had it since 1990.......went thru ARMY wif me....Tough watch.....NEVER been serviced.....still keeping good time....

Comment

here's mine.. had it since 2003.. still good..but as u can see.. chronograph slightly off..

Last edited by deadbench; 14-02-08, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X