PDA

View Full Version : Car Enthusiast thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

jazz_samz
26-01-08, 11:07 AM
Since there isn't any thread on this subject, thought I create this thread for brothers and sisters here to talk about anything under the sun about cars. :)

triton
26-01-08, 11:41 AM
u 'play' looks or performance or both?

Darkangel
26-01-08, 03:11 PM
Car enthusiast thread!

wmatt76
26-01-08, 05:38 PM
Since there isn't any thread on this subject, thought I create this thread for brothers and sisters here to talk about anything under the sun about cars. :)

i am driving a manual 2003 toyota corolla

Darkangel
26-01-08, 06:15 PM
My dad driving a Nissan Sunny...

pam1938
26-01-08, 09:43 PM
Toyota Rush ftw!

jazz_samz
27-01-08, 03:56 PM
Thanks Darkie for giving this thread a more appropriate title...

Just to also answer your old qns Darkie, I am in the car parts industry lah.. I am not into coin or note collection nor checking for $$ counterfeit etc.. :laugh:

Oceanklassik
27-01-08, 04:10 PM
I tot thre r many car forums u guys may prefer to share thre. Its a bit off here le. Cos' car topic is anothr hot favourite amongst many S'poreans n can get really active. Jus look at te recent police case whre one couple was charged in court for con job. Get orders for car accessories and run away wif money.

Darkangel
27-01-08, 06:18 PM
Thanks Darkie for giving this thread a more appropriate title...

Just to also answer your old qns Darkie, I am in the car parts industry lah.. I am not into coin or note collection nor checking for $$ counterfeit etc.. :laugh:

Lol...i see..

jazz_samz
27-01-08, 07:34 PM
This subject title may not be related to watches but I feel that within this close community, there may be some of us who may feel comfortable with one another to discuss anything under the sun...

IF I assumed incorrectly, moderators by all means, pls delete off this thread.

I tot thre r many car forums u guys may prefer to share thre. Its a bit off here le. Cos' car topic is anothr hot favourite amongst many S'poreans n can get really active. Jus look at te recent police case whre one couple was charged in court for con job. Get orders for car accessories and run away wif money.

3xtra
27-01-08, 07:43 PM
like many other forums, there're are always sub-forums where ppl of the same interest will come together.

just like car lover forums,there will be a sub-forum on hobbies where ppl may start a thread on watches.

i dun think a thread like this will get off topic since it is "kopi talk" where anything under the sky can be discussed.

i drive a honda fit, nvr mod much except that i change the ICE as the one given sucks and the rims to 15"

triton
27-01-08, 09:37 PM
me driving vios.

1) change disk brakes
2) install 4 point strut bar
3) install ARB
4) install undercarriage bars
5) voltage stabiliser

pet
27-01-08, 09:47 PM
This subject title may not be related to watches but I feel that within this close community, there may be some of us who may feel comfortable with one another to discuss anything under the sun...

IF I assumed incorrectly, moderators by all means, pls delete off this thread.

kopi tok, any topic also can lah.... i worst, OT in kopi tok thread also .. hahaha :laugh:

anyway, me not really into cars now..used to be... maybe hor just like watch loh, when u age, priority or preference changes ... hee :laugh: but i still buy a few car magazine a month... much more thn watch magazine :D

triton
27-01-08, 10:14 PM
but i still buy a few car magazine a month... much more thn watch magazine :D

u max tiko mah. that is why need to buy watch mag to see the char bor.....

jazz_samz
27-01-08, 11:44 PM
I share your opinion.. but since it's relevance was mentioned, wanted to let the rest & moderator decide.

like many other forums, there're are always sub-forums where ppl of the same interest will come together.

just like car lover forums,there will be a sub-forum on hobbies where ppl may start a thread on watches.

i dun think a thread like this will get off topic since it is "kopi talk" where anything under the sky can be discussed.

i drive a honda fit, nvr mod much except that i change the ICE as the one given sucks and the rims to 15"

jazz_samz
27-01-08, 11:45 PM
Triton.. you in VOGS?

me driving vios.

1) change disk brakes
3) install ARB
5) voltage stabiliser

3xtra
27-01-08, 11:47 PM
me driving vios.

1) change disk brakes
3) install ARB
5) voltage stabiliser

now that u mention, i had a 5pt grounding and installed a voltage stabiliser too.

jazz_samz
27-01-08, 11:47 PM
Sorry bro.. missed your qns here..

Mine is mainly handling related mod... not so much on speed or look...

Did the following:
1) DIY 7pt grounding
2) Front and rear strut bar
3) Upgrade to 15" rims cos I wanted to change to a good set of tyres..
4) A pair of magnum horns..

u 'play' looks or performance or both?

3xtra
27-01-08, 11:48 PM
I share your opinion.. but since it's relevance was mentioned, wanted to let the rest & moderator decide.

cheers bro, i think no issues so far

triton
27-01-08, 11:56 PM
Triton.. you in VOGS?

yeah

pet
27-01-08, 11:57 PM
u max tiko mah. that is why need to buy watch mag to see the char bor.....

see chabor i buy other type mag... hehee :whistling:

anyway, chabor & car gglue together lah... got car got chabor, mst be lah... nowadays car mag all got chabor model pic 1... geehee :p

triton
27-01-08, 11:58 PM
Sorry bro.. missed your qns here..

Mine is mainly handling related mod... not so much on speed or look...

Did the following:
1) DIY 7pt grounding
2) Front and rear strut bar
3) Upgrade to 15" rims cos I wanted to change to a good set of tyres..
4) A pair of magnum horns..

yeah. forgot about grounding and upgrading of rims as well to 15" + horns.

me using good year eagle f1 - made in germany.

do u take corner fast? if u do, consider under carriage. better stability.

3xtra
28-01-08, 12:01 AM
see chabor i buy other type mag... hehee :whistling:

anyway, chabor & car gglue together lah... got car got chabor, mst be lah... nowadays car mag all got chabor model pic 1... geehee :p

haha, actually if just feature the car only, the mag will be quite sian. that's y feature the zabors, then the mag will sell like hot cakes.

pet
28-01-08, 12:03 AM
haha, actually if just feature the car only, the mag will be quite sian. that's y feature the zabors, then the mag will sell like hot cakes.

those show/ exhibit/ show 1 all got chabor models/ sales etc. i think go show 1 all go see/ take pic of promo girl ... hahahhaa :p

wolfeyes1974
28-01-08, 10:55 AM
dunno much about car really...

Mazda 3..but wife drives it cos parking at my office very ex. and she works in jurong.

it's a 3 yr old car...fully paid..but planning to change...

cheers

james

wolfeyes1974
28-01-08, 02:14 PM
i'm not good with cars...but we're looking at the new Mondeo or Saab. if can afford, maybe E200 or BMW 3 series. but then, better be prudent with our $$...

maybe i should sell all my watches to fund the car...hahahaa.

louisoh
28-01-08, 02:19 PM
i'm still waiting for my first car...

waiting as in havent buy... wait till got $.... :crazy:

jazz_samz
28-01-08, 02:45 PM
Bro.. u kidding me?? Buying car, the price only depreciates... It will never hold the value.. buying watches.. the value don't depreciate that fast..

And if you are lucky, u may recoupe your original price + a handsome profit :laugh:

i'm not good with cars...but we're looking at the new Mondeo or Saab. if can afford, maybe E200 or BMW 3 series. but then, better be prudent with our $$...

maybe i should sell all my watches to fund the car...hahahaa.

wolfeyes1974
28-01-08, 02:58 PM
ya lah...kidding...can't really bear to part with my watches....unless for really emergency cases...

wolfeyes1974
28-01-08, 03:52 PM
Thanks andrew...i'll take note of that...

cheers

james

Darkangel
28-01-08, 04:55 PM
Bro.. u kidding me?? Buying car, the price only depreciates... It will never hold the value.. buying watches.. the value don't depreciate that fast..

And if you are lucky, u may recoupe your original price + a handsome profit :laugh:
I agree...car value depreciate like duno wad. Last thing I am going to do is to sell watches to fund for a car

hi wolfeyes, if u r seriously considering getting the merc e class...pls wait till 2009, cos a new complete model is coming next yr.

That I agree...the current model has been out for quite long already.And I have to say..it's really nice,hope the new 1 is better. I really love the S class..damn chio...and expensive:(

triton
28-01-08, 06:45 PM
me eyeing the C-class...

any reports on the car handling of the e-class?

wolfeyes1974
28-01-08, 07:48 PM
I agree...car value depreciate like duno wad. Last thing I am going to do is to sell watches to fund for a car

That I agree...the current model has been out for quite long already.And I have to say..it's really nice,hope the new 1 is better. I really love the S class..damn chio...and expensive:(
yah yah..they sent me the brochure for "S" class and it's really stunning...

one thing is that am not sure how they got my office address to mail me the brochure...i've not been to any benz showroom...just basically got my information from car mag...can't be credit card cos database is proprietary and confidential...

of course, i also got calls from china people...i hung up immediately...also dunno how they got my mobile number??

just to share with u guys something...recently, my credit card was compromised..someone used it to trade in fforex.com...luckily, the card company called me and i'm required to sign a letter of dispute...now pending investigation and their advice...also dunno how my card ended up being compromised when all along it's in my wallet??

sigh....scary isn't it?

james

Darkangel
28-01-08, 08:00 PM
yah yah..they sent me the brochure for "S" class and it's really stunning...

one thing is that am not sure how they got my office address to mail me the brochure...i've not been to any benz showroom...just basically got my information from car mag...can't be credit card cos database is proprietary and confidential...

of course, i also got calls from china people...i hung up immediately...also dunno how they got my mobile number??

just to share with u guys something...recently, my credit card was compromised..someone used it to trade in fforex.com...luckily, the card company called me and i'm required to sign a letter of dispute...now pending investigation and their advice...also dunno how my card ended up being compromised when all along it's in my wallet??

sigh....scary isn't it?

james

I agree...funny how those ppl get our phone numbers..

Wah...u heng sia..otherwise ur money dunno wad happen already

triton
28-01-08, 09:26 PM

sigh....scary isn't it?

james

check your slip when u sign with cc. some company print out the full sets of cc number + name + expiry date.

Oceanklassik
28-01-08, 09:50 PM
aiyo i'm nt saying cannot la. jus tot its a big topic. if got mre pple discuss then can create new post lor. otherwise te kopitalk becomes congested:laugh:

pet
29-01-08, 11:11 PM
me eyeing the C-class...

any reports on the car handling of the e-class?

my wife wnt for a test drv .. she dont like the C class... mainly cos of the jerky low spd.. :whistling:

S class.. wow tht's nice... :thumbsup:

Darkangel
29-01-08, 11:15 PM
my wife wnt for a test drv .. she dont like the C class... mainly cos of the jerky low spd.. :whistling:

S class.. wow tht's nice... :thumbsup:

Yeah nice...but the price not that nice:laugh:

pet
29-01-08, 11:24 PM
Yeah nice...but the price not that nice:laugh:

the only thing dont like, gear change no longer at center console but at steering column

jazz_samz
29-01-08, 11:48 PM
how abt consider Audi??? If i were to have a choice between Merz, BMW or Audi, its Audi definitely...

pet
30-01-08, 02:22 AM
how abt consider Audi??? If i were to have a choice between Merz, BMW or Audi, its Audi definitely...

if i got lotsa $$$ to spare, i think i will consider this lux 4-dr :D ( current preference, couple of yrs dn the rd dunno )..

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2585/maseratioa0.jpg

another, will consider lexus ....:D

merc too tow kay, bmw too common, Audi dont like the shape of their 4dr ( but their new R8 damn Chio ). :p

louisoh
30-01-08, 09:45 AM
pet... faster buy.. then can ferry us in this... :love:

Darkangel
30-01-08, 09:49 AM
Ahh....these days the Lexus designs are getting better and better man. Love the IS and GS!

jazz_samz
30-01-08, 11:46 AM
hahah PET.. guess what.. My friend bought his Maserati GranTurismo and it broke down WITHIN 1month.. he damn paiseh cos kana tow-ed to AD sia...

All of us suan him until he buay tahan... Best part was he was driving a BMW before changing to the Maserati and his wife also cho cho him saying that with the BMW, at least it never broke down throughout the 3 yrs ownership of the car..

Darkangel
30-01-08, 12:46 PM
hahah PET.. guess what.. My friend bought his Maserati GranTurismo and it broke down WITHIN 1month.. he damn paiseh cos kana tow-ed to AD sia...

All of us suan him until he buay tahan... Best part was he was driving a BMW before changing to the Maserati and his wife also cho cho him saying that with the BMW, at least it never broke down throughout the 3 yrs ownership of the car..

Maserati...:wow: :wow: WHOOO HOOOO

jazz_samz
30-01-08, 10:55 PM
why darkie.. your target for your O level results si boh? :laugh:

Darkangel
31-01-08, 10:25 AM
why darkie.. your target for your O level results si boh? :laugh:

:duh: O lvl results out liao lo...

Eh...i havent get my license yet leh...buy also for show nia.:duh:

Hmm..I hope my dad gets a nice car maybe a Jag or a Merc well HOPEFULLY,after he retires which is in a few yrs. But first we need to sell our hse and move somewhere else lol..maybe HDB? sigh...

pet
31-01-08, 11:12 PM

tht 1 nice leh, hear engine noise nai, shiok leow ... how come so jia lark... anyway guess to most, all these performance/ exotic cars are passion rather than reliability. :laugh:

wolfeyes1974
01-02-08, 12:12 PM
there is once a joke by my friend abt all this car......he told us if u want to drive car like jaguar, u need 2 of them. one is for daily usage and the other one at car workshop.....when the daily uasge broke down, u just need to swap with the one at workshop....and the cycle go on.
agree with that...my boss drives a new jag and it broke down recently (half year old)

pet
01-02-08, 05:36 PM
i guess most continental cars not so reliable as the japanese :p

Darkangel
01-02-08, 05:40 PM
i guess most continental cars not so reliable as the japanese :p

Well I would say it's still say it's heng suay.

pet
01-02-08, 06:11 PM
Well I would say it's still say it's heng suay.

so far i m quite impress with lexus compare with other continental lux model.

triton
01-02-08, 06:20 PM
so far i m quite impress with lexus compare with other continental lux model.

lexus is still using toyota based engine which is japanese made so compared to continental, it is more reliable.

Darkangel
01-02-08, 06:29 PM
lexus is still using toyota based engine which is japanese made so compared to continental, it is more reliable.

Yeah...so it's ur Jap merc alternative:p Gd cars I would say:thumbsup:

pet
01-02-08, 06:35 PM
Yeah...so it's ur Jap merc alternative:p Gd cars I would say:thumbsup:

but damn ex man... the new LS long wheel base more ex thn the merc S350 :duh:

Darkangel
01-02-08, 06:47 PM
but damn ex man... the new LS long wheel base more ex thn the merc S350 :duh:

Buy the GS or IS la...IS quite nice though

pet
01-02-08, 08:37 PM
Buy the GS or IS la...IS quite nice though

no lah, i not really shopping for car :p
maybe see got cheap cheap promo/ coe ( read papers tax down from 110 to 100% in dunno mar or apr ), thn consider. :p

jazz_samz
01-02-08, 10:07 PM
u mean road tax due to the introduction of the new 16 gantries?

Darkangel
01-02-08, 10:29 PM
u mean road tax due to the introduction of the new 16 gantries?

Hahhaha...:laugh: :laugh:

Anyway they were saying those high end car buyers not buying now...only the cheap 1s ppl buy

jazz_samz
01-02-08, 10:42 PM
me oso shelving my idea of changin my car till next year.. heart itchy itchy to change although its ONLY approaching 3yrs.. kekekke

pet
02-02-08, 12:01 AM
import tax to reduce from 110% to 100% :p

jazz_samz
02-02-08, 12:06 AM
Orh... Sorry didn't follow.. kekeke

pet
02-02-08, 12:46 AM
Orh... Sorry didn't follow.. kekeke

think announce:
10% reduction in import tax. March.
15% less road tax in july.

:p

triton
02-02-08, 03:32 PM
think announce:
10% reduction in import tax. March.
15% less road tax in july.

:p

and more ERP gantries going up......charges also up.....

pet
02-02-08, 10:13 PM
and more ERP gantries going up......charges also up.....

so owning cheaper, using more ex.... LPPL :( :upset: :duh: :p

louisoh
05-02-08, 12:16 AM
any feedback on the new Honda Fit/Jazz 08 ?... heard it's good... fuel consumption also :thumbsup:

pet
05-02-08, 01:36 AM
any feedback on the new Honda Fit/Jazz 08 ?... heard it's good... fuel consumption also :thumbsup:

dunno leh, small car sure fuel consumption good 1...

i wont choose this model. no nice leh, i rather choose toyota yaris or...

this BMW :D

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8594/67098145je8.jpg

Darkangel
05-02-08, 10:14 AM

It's not bad..but I saw this Chevy on the newspapers that time they were doing a comparison...cant rmb which model but the consumption is 17.6 km per litre

jazz_samz
05-02-08, 10:55 AM
bro, its true that jazz / fit are fuel economical cars... Ard the range on 14 to 16km/litre depending on drive pattern n habbits.
But i wld suggest vios or yaris. Vios as its a decent sized saloon with gd fc as well, yaris if u r lookg at smething compact or jazz sized. I hear bm no longer bring in yaris liao.
Another perks for toyota is tat parts r reasonably price and more reliable while honda gves more drivability and parts r costly.
Another gd alternative is the hatch back latio if u dun mind the looks. Sme ppl hate it, some dun dependg on yr taste but ifs a gd fuel econmical car with gd gadgets like sharp plasma cluster a/c, keyless entry etc.

jazz_samz
05-02-08, 11:03 AM
hmmm i personally think chevy waste time... Cos its mainly daewoo engine and i dun trust Kor makes... Even if its Hyndai, Kia or Ssangyong... Its my personal opinion hor.... Hope nbody gets offended.

It's not bad..but I saw this Chevy on the newspapers that time they were doing a comparison...cant rmb which model but the consumption is 17.6 km per litre

pet
24-02-08, 11:11 PM
hmmm i personally think chevy waste time... Cos its mainly daewoo engine and i dun trust Kor makes... Even if its Hyndai, Kia or Ssangyong... Its my personal opinion hor.... Hope nbody gets offended.

hmmm... personally i also wont choose... :D cos prices too close to jp cars leow, rather get a toyota ( 1st jp choice ), thn follow by honda, nissan, mitsubishi etc etc .... :p

other thn cars, any bro into bikes ( with engine 1 hor ) :p
i long time never ride on 1 leow.. the last bike i owned was like more thn 10 yrs ago... :p

was looking at web, this daytona looks good leh. :p
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7227/day675ia4.jpg

UK bike, selling USD$8999 ... wow, will seriously consider this thn a S$18K daytona SS... :p ( if wife permit, likely no chance to ride a bike again... :( )

seb
24-02-08, 11:22 PM
used to ride CBR600 FSports, but gave up about 3 yrs ago after owning car. now my butt is itching to sit on a Harley Sportster :p

pet
24-02-08, 11:47 PM
used to ride CBR600 FSports, but gave up about 3 yrs ago after owning car. now my butt is itching to sit on a Harley Sportster :p
my last was a suzuki intruder 1400, more thn 10 yrs ago ... before tht was sport bike all the way ... :D

guess for those who ride a bike b4, there's always some itch to get bck on 1... :D

Oceanklassik
25-02-08, 10:05 PM

Ur butt itchi..??

seb
25-02-08, 11:25 PM
my last was a suzuki intruder 1400, more thn 10 yrs ago ... before tht was sport bike all the way ... :D

guess for those who ride a bike b4, there's always some itch to get bck on 1... :D

definitely...like they always say..once a rider always a rider :)

Taurus75
26-02-08, 03:39 PM

Now that u are driving, I don't think u will missed the days on a bike lar..Not especially on rainy days, I supposed..:laugh: :laugh: As for "itch", I think it is more on your wrist now lar:laugh:

Oceanklassik
26-02-08, 06:30 PM
yea.. tat's why he always rubbed his wrist in between his arse:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

seb
26-02-08, 09:23 PM
yea.. tat's why he always rubbed his wrist in between his arse:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yeah man my wrist itching for a Pam la, oh before i forget...my foot is also itching to get wedged between ur butt cheeks whuahaha :upset: so watch it

Taurus75
26-02-08, 10:04 PM
yeah man my wrist itching for a Pam la, oh before i forget...my foot is also itching to get wedged between ur butt cheeks whuahaha :upset: so watch it

Ouch!!!!! That is what I call a butt crack indeed:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

pet
28-02-08, 02:01 PM
my butt also itchy leh, if got chio bu ride behind rubbing body against mine ... woo woo wooooo :laugh: balls also itchy leow... :p

jazz_samz
28-02-08, 02:58 PM
chey.. I thought you miss the freedom feeling when you ride a bike.. should have known you are thinking of the benefit of having a pillion behind ah..

But have to admit.. I know what you mean.. then you purposely go faster somemore so that they will hold on to you TIGHTER right?? so looks like not just the arse thats itchy.. your back too hor.. :laugh:

pet
28-02-08, 03:02 PM
chey.. I thought you miss the freedom feeling when you ride a bike.. should have known you are thinking of the benefit of having a pillion behind ah..

But have to admit.. I know what you mean.. then you purposely go faster somemore so that they will hold on to you TIGHTER right?? so looks like not just the arse thats itchy.. your back too hor.. :laugh:

hahhaa... u ever stop yr car behind a sport bike at traffic, with those chabor pillion arching forward holding on to the rider; in those position, those not so perfect butt also look good lah :thumbsup: :laugh: :laugh:

jazz_samz
28-02-08, 03:04 PM
ya balls.. but now driving hor.. will not let bike cut infront of me at traffic junction when I am the first car... so that they
1) Cannot hog me while I jack-rabbit when its green
2) can see side arch profile mah..
:laugh:

jazz_samz
28-02-08, 03:05 PM
damn.. missed you guys.. didn't manage to come in here cos doing homework in another forum... changin ride.. kekekek :thumbsup:

Was checking on some add ons etc.. the other forum i went not so "close and comfortable"

You guys rock.... really.. :) :THUMBSUP:

pet
28-02-08, 03:09 PM
if my pillion is a D cup, wow lau, my back sure very the shiok leh ... hahhaa... it's gonna be a 'Hard ride' :D

triton
28-02-08, 03:13 PM
if my pillion is a D cup, wow lau, my back sure very the shiok leh ... hahhaa... it's gonna be a 'Hard ride' :D

even if ur pillon is a male with D cup? :laugh:

i rather be pillon with a female rider with D cup

pet
28-02-08, 05:20 PM
even if ur pillon is a male with D cup? :laugh:

i rather be pillon with a female rider with D cup

of cos female lah, KNS... male with D cup, puke leow, how to ride... :duh: :p

triton
28-02-08, 05:38 PM
of cos female lah, KNS... male with D cup, puke leow, how to ride... :duh: :p

thought i better check and confirm.....:laugh:

terencehu18
28-02-08, 06:44 PM
i own a BMW 320i E90 (black)
mods i have done
1)full breyton kit
2)breyton 18" magic racing (changeing to 20"DPE R20 soon)
3)eibach lowering springs
4)goodridge steel braided lines
5)M3 steering
6)M3 knob
7)bi-xenon upgraded to jlevis white angel eyes
8)H&R front/rear anti sway bars
9)325 trottle body
10)Alutec strut bar
11)Denso iridium though spark plugs
12)Gruppe M air intake
13)Sebring quad exhaust
14)sprint booster
15)Chrome window trimmings
16)Eibach rear spacers

louisoh
28-02-08, 06:45 PM
i own a BMW 320i E90 (black)
mods i have done
1)full breyton kit
2)breyton 18" magic racing (changeing to 20"DPE R20 soon)
3)eibach lowering springs
4)goodridge steel braided lines
5)M3 steering
6)M3 knob
7)bi-xenon upgraded to jlevis white angel eyes
8)H&R front/rear anti sway bars
9)325 trottle body
10)Alutec strut bar
11)Denso iridium though spark plugs
12)Gruppe M air intake
13)Sebring quad exhaust

Wah... nice car.... :love:

terencehu18
28-02-08, 06:46 PM

bro Audi does not retain it resale value well.i have friend who almost fainted when whey tried to sell theirs.

louisoh
28-02-08, 06:48 PM
Out of Merc, BMW, Audi... i would definately go for BMW... :D

terencehu18
28-02-08, 06:51 PM
Out of Merc, BMW, Audi... i would definately go for BMW... :D

i agree merc and bimmers retain their resale value the most.

Darkangel
28-02-08, 07:21 PM
Hahaha...my gd fren who is in US studying now is crazy la. He is same age as me,drives a BMW 3 series convertible and he spent an extra 25k USD mod,plus he also has a Posh Cayenne...1 person driving big car for wad i dunno...hahahaha

Darkangel
28-02-08, 07:22 PM
I am not greedy...I just hope my dad buys a Lexus IS250 when I get my license :D:D my wish hahaha....

I heard The IS is better than the BMW 320

pet
28-02-08, 10:10 PM
I am not greedy...I just hope my dad buys a Lexus IS250 when I get my license :D:D my wish hahaha....

personal preference, i also prefer lexus over BMW, my bro (3) & dad (7) used to own a BM. they never end up buying another. Maybe only happen to the older generation model, i dunno, both theirs engine tend to over heat .:p

terencehu18
01-03-08, 12:30 AM

to each his own.there are others who swear by bimmer and Lexus, but does not mean any of them are wrong.

Nelson
02-03-08, 08:33 PM

I will choose the IS250 also :)

Darkie so good ah, got free car! The E90 in your wishlist is the beemer you wanted?

jazz_samz
03-03-08, 10:25 PM
hmm... well if I can afford to buy an Audi... low resale value won't bother me.. hahaah

But to each its own... BMWs used to appeal to me, Merc never.. Audi would be my machine. :) Who knows when I am gona get one of my own, it may be something else..

Darkangel
04-03-08, 12:05 AM
I will choose the IS250 also :)

Darkie so good ah, got free car! The E90 in your wishlist is the beemer you wanted?

I am wishing la..still wishing my dad buys a Lexus in time when I get my license =) I will continue reminding him hahhhaa...

Yep...hahaha..:laugh:

pet
07-03-08, 11:26 PM
I am wishing la..still wishing my dad buys a Lexus in time when I get my license =) I will continue reminding him hahhhaa...

Yep...hahaha..:laugh:

wait another 9 months thn can take basic ... :laugh:

jazz_samz
12-03-08, 11:30 PM
Anybody good with ICE??

Darkangel
13-03-08, 10:39 AM
wait another 9 months thn can take basic ... :laugh:

Eh bros...is it 18 or 21 then can take license ah? Basket my fren tell me 21,make me sad for awhile....but if that's the case I have more time to save for me Lexus :D

triton
13-03-08, 12:07 PM
Anybody good with ICE??

what u intend to do with your car?

triton
13-03-08, 12:11 PM
Eh bros...is it 18 or 21 then can take license ah? Basket my fren tell me 21,make me sad for awhile....but if that's the case I have more time to save for me Lexus :D

18 can start to learn. however, when u pass will be another issue altogether. :laugh:

Darkangel
13-03-08, 05:41 PM
18 can start to learn. however, when u pass will be another issue altogether. :laugh:

Wah why liddat look down on me lor:(

U never see my play racing car game 1 meh? I keep smashing the wall 1 ok :thumbsup: :laugh: :laugh:

triton
13-03-08, 06:02 PM
Wah why liddat look down on me lor:(

U never see my play racing car game 1 meh? I keep smashing the wall 1 ok :thumbsup: :laugh: :laugh:

im not saying that u wont be a good driver. however, with the recent high profile cases of crashes involving young drivers, wouldn't the testers be more stringent?

keep smashing the wall? u think in real life u can KEEP SMASHING? :laugh:

Darkangel
13-03-08, 06:06 PM
im not saying that u wont be a good driver. however, with the recent high profile cases of crashes involving young drivers, wouldn't the testers be more stringent?

keep smashing the wall? u think in real life u can KEEP SMASHING? :laugh:

LOL>...yeah lor sad...

hahah...cannot leh...LOL!

triton
13-03-08, 07:02 PM
LOL>...yeah lor sad...

hahah...cannot leh...LOL!

can. so long as u happy :laugh:

Darkangel
13-03-08, 07:04 PM
can. so long as u happy :laugh:

Hahhha...lol...:duh: :duh: :laugh:

pet
13-03-08, 09:24 PM

18 ah. alamak :duh: , i thot 17... 17 can start take basic & learn izzit ?? :p

jazz_samz
13-03-08, 11:36 PM
Thinking of getting a decent equipment to listen Jazz and kiddy songs for my kid.

HU, front tweeters, rear speakers no need woofer. Getting for my new ride.

what u intend to do with your car?

triton
13-03-08, 11:40 PM
Thinking of getting a decent equipment to listen Jazz and kiddy songs for my kid.

HU, front tweeters, rear speakers no need woofer. Getting for my new ride.

chuan sing i heard @ serangoon gardens area....

Darkangel
14-03-08, 10:01 AM
chuan sing i heard @ serangoon gardens area....

Hmm...is it the 1 near happy daze? next to coffeebean?

triton
14-03-08, 10:56 AM
eh...no leh....

Darkangel
14-03-08, 04:05 PM
eh...no leh....

Hmm...then which 1? s'goon gardens not say alot of this kinda shops leh

jazz_samz
14-03-08, 04:43 PM
i think I know where that is.. its near a chuch along a slope like lane correct?

Darkangel
14-03-08, 04:47 PM
i think I know where that is.. its near a chuch along a slope like lane correct?

Oh ohoh...that 1...at the landed hses there right?

triton
14-03-08, 05:13 PM

Oh ohoh...that 1...at the landed hses there right?

yes....

HerzAusStahl
17-03-08, 04:01 AM
Hi, just got my acct activated today! Hello all!

Lemme contribute... Chuan Sing is at Brighton that side. From circle take the direction out towards YCK road, Chuan Sing will be on your right, diagonally facing the road.

Wanna say hi to VSG folks here too... read somewhere that armchaireconomist is here too. Any other VSG ah peks here?

Darkangel
17-03-08, 10:31 AM
Hi, just got my acct activated today! Hello all!

Lemme contribute... Chuan Sing is at Brighton that side. From circle take the direction out towards YCK road, Chuan Sing will be on your right, diagonally facing the road.

Wanna say hi to VSG folks here too... read somewhere that armchaireconomist is here too. Any other VSG ah peks here?

Huh wads VSG?:confused:

pet
17-03-08, 11:02 PM
saw this in shenton way today, si boey chio ! :thumbsup: :love: :thumbsup: :love:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4852/gtr03vp1.jpg

jazz_samz
17-03-08, 11:14 PM
i saw the Audi LeManns R8 at Great World City aparment car park yesterday afternoon... DROOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

Darkangel
17-03-08, 11:16 PM
I used to hav 2 Rolls Royce in my carpark..then that guy move away already...then bo liaos.

I always see 1 ard S'goon gardens there...

pet
17-03-08, 11:18 PM
i saw the Audi LeManns R8 at Great World City aparment car park yesterday afternoon... DROOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

saw tht few wks back along bt timah rd, lady driver :thumbsup: :love: :thumbsup: :love:

Darkangel
17-03-08, 11:19 PM
saw tht few wks back along bt timah rd, lady driver :thumbsup: :love: :thumbsup: :love:

Well...bukit timah does explain it all...:laugh: :laugh:

pet
17-03-08, 11:31 PM
Well...bukit timah does explain it all...:laugh: :laugh:

see lotsa exp sport on the road... R8 damn chio, but i see lic plate, not nice, some 4 digit numbers... usually comes with nice plate.

tht nissan cost close to 300k, damn chio & fast, i dont mind tht 1... :laugh:

Darkangel
18-03-08, 10:29 AM
see lotsa exp sport on the road... R8 damn chio, but i see lic plate, not nice, some 4 digit numbers... usually comes with nice plate.

tht nissan cost close to 300k, damn chio & fast, i dont mind tht 1... :laugh:

That Nissan is the GTR right?

pet
18-03-08, 04:38 PM
That Nissan is the GTR right?

yup, i think para import frm 260k onwards ( saw classified ads ) .. hee .. an article on sat papers ( i think ) official tan chong 1 wont be in til next yr , but a subsidary of tan chong importing para and selling at abt 330k :p

Darkangel
18-03-08, 04:58 PM
yup, i think para import frm 260k onwards ( saw classified ads ) .. hee .. an article on sat papers ( i think ) official tan chong 1 wont be in til next yr , but a subsidary of tan chong importing para and selling at abt 330k :p

Wah :siao:

jazz_samz
20-03-08, 12:49 AM
thats a Nissan Skyline.. it looks like a Fairlady Z.... Fast?? HELL YEAH!!!

If my memory serves me right, TC too have a parallel import arm to import it UNTIL they bring it in officially...... this is hush hush info of course...

Darkangel
20-03-08, 10:49 AM
thats a Nissan Skyline.. it looks like a Fairlady Z.... Fast?? HELL YEAH!!!

If my memory serves me right, TC too have a parallel import arm to import it UNTIL they bring it in officially...... this is hush hush info of course...

ooooh really? but u broadcast to the whole world already:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jazz_samz
20-03-08, 11:08 PM
yeah.. but they don't knw who I am mah. hahaha

Darkangel
20-03-08, 11:52 PM
yeah.. but they don't knw who I am mah. hahaha

Lol...u ordered izzit?:laugh: :laugh:

jazz_samz
21-03-08, 12:04 AM
if I can afford one hor.. I oso won't get.. rather snap up all the Rollies I am after BRAND NEW...
Now family man, Sports Car don't appeal to me.. Cos my kids and family are my priority and the soul of my life... A MPV maybe hahah....
when I say Sports Car, I mean those that a modest man can afford kind of ride... not the super wu lewee lang kind of sports car hor...

jazz_samz
25-03-08, 06:57 PM
WOO HOOO!!! The day have finally arrived...

Gona collect my new car tomorrow.... Can't wait!!! kekekeke

Darkangel
25-03-08, 06:59 PM
WOO HOOO!!! The day have finally arrived...

Gona collect my new car tomorrow.... Can't wait!!! kekekeke

Wad did u buy?

wolfeyes1974
25-03-08, 09:55 PM
Wad did u buy?
it's a porsche SUV...think it's called Cayenne something like that....hahahaaa

Darkangel
25-03-08, 09:56 PM
it's a porsche SUV...think it's called Cayenne something like that....hahahaaa

OH that 1...haha. So many people getting it these days...lol...but I think it's pretty nice:thumbsup:

Congrats on ur new wheels!

jazz_samz
27-03-08, 12:08 AM
Wah... JAMES!!! SABO AH!!!

I think I can merely afford the wheels on that car mate!! :blushed:

I got myself a WISH.. :) :wow:

OH that 1...haha. So many people getting it these days...lol...but I think it's pretty nice:thumbsup:

Congrats on ur new wheels!

minusplus
27-03-08, 12:26 AM

WISH? Good and economical car. Best suited for family man like you and me. :thumbsup:

jazz_samz
27-03-08, 12:29 AM
Initially wanted to get an RSZ.. but after test driving my friend's car and think logically, don't find its value for money.. Yes.. newer car but still cannot beat Wish's FC... so seems like the technology is pointless.. (Stream / RSZ owners pls don't get offended)...

The difference in price allowed me to get a SUB DATE loh.. more worth it right?? hahaha

minusplus
27-03-08, 12:31 AM
Initially wanted to get an RSZ.. but after test driving my friend's car and think logically, don't find its value for money.. Yes.. newer car but still cannot beat Wish's FC... so seems like the technology is pointless.. (Stream / RSZ owners pls don't get offended)...

The difference in price allowed me to get a SUB DATE loh.. more worth it right?? hahaha

Exactly. I don't really see much diff between owning a Stream and a Wish la. Both are jap cars at the end of the day. haha... i'm not really into cars lah. To me cars are just a transportation tool :)

jazz_samz
27-03-08, 12:34 AM
agreed... Was happy with my old ride.. but cos No. 2 coming and I am getting a FDW, so the need to upgrade was inevitable.. sigh.. else save myself 15K more by not changing... could have gotten more watches..

Darkangel
27-03-08, 09:49 AM

Hahaha....nice nice. Wish is pretty spacious...:thumbsup:

pet
27-03-08, 11:19 AM
agreed... Was happy with my old ride.. but cos No. 2 coming and I am getting a FDW, so the need to upgrade was inevitable.. sigh.. else save myself 15K more by not changing... could have gotten more watches..

izzit a new model ?? i saw the new wish in jp... much rounder... i also would like another mpv/ jeep ( hee, more as a fishing vehicle thn for kids )... hehee :p

jazz_samz
30-03-08, 10:03 AM
no bro... Its the NFL model... Not the new model... I hear and even unmentn in Jpn website tat there may nt be a NEW wish... Just another Final facelift... Lets see wat happens...

izzit a new model ?? i saw the new wish in jp... much rounder... i also would like another mpv/ jeep ( hee, more as a fishing vehicle thn for kids )... hehee :p

pet
30-03-08, 10:19 AM
no bro... Its the NFL model... Not the new model... I hear and even unmentn in Jpn website tat there may nt be a NEW wish... Just another Final facelift... Lets see wat happens...

jazz, sorry sorry, my mistake, the 1 i saw was a Mark X zio...it's also a 7 seater ... much rounder thn the wish. :p

pet
11-04-08, 04:34 PM
dunno abt u guys, but i think sg taxi getting uglier.. hahhaa... so many diff colours & models ... :laugh:

Darkangel
12-04-08, 12:05 AM
dunno abt u guys, but i think sg taxi getting uglier.. hahhaa... so many diff colours & models ... :laugh:

Too many funny funny cars that they use already la...:laugh:

civicking
26-04-08, 11:31 AM
buy/sell/trade in new/used cars, renewal of insurance at ur door steps, call for a quotation, also doing spray painting/panel beating for all cars/commercials vehicles,

Darkangel
26-04-08, 11:59 AM
buy/sell/trade in new/used cars, renewal of insurance at ur door steps, call for a quotation, also doing spray painting/panel beating for all cars/commercials vehicles,

Wah...u are in this line 1? :wow: Must give our bros gd price :D

seiko.citizen
26-04-08, 01:17 PM

you export to Oz? I looking for someone who can prepare paperwork for exporting here. Let me drop this, it isnt easy to export to my country, but if you have experience, Im willing to hear from you.

civicking
26-04-08, 03:55 PM
no bro dun do export, too much paper work to be done, mainly doing local scrap and sales, yes darkangel will give bros here good good price =)

seiko.citizen
26-04-08, 05:03 PM
no bro dun do export, too much paper work to be done, mainly doing local scrap and sales, yes darkangel will give bros here good good price =)

actually hor, S'pore cars good for another 5-10yrs depending on age. Also the interior also veyr good for spare parts and those that are involved in smash, can take s'pore car and transplant the parts.

jazz_samz
27-04-08, 11:11 PM
DAMN!!! What are you dealing with bro??? U study law, go HK take p.hotos of Lamp for business, and now cars?? WAH!!! YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR DUDE!!!

Okay on a serious note... what are you interested?? Used cars or the car parts....sounds like you are keen on spare parts??? I export to Australia by a 40ft HC container load.... ;P

actually hor, S'pore cars good for another 5-10yrs depending on age. Also the interior also veyr good for spare parts and those that are involved in smash, can take s'pore car and transplant the parts.

Darkangel
27-04-08, 11:51 PM
DAMN!!! What are you dealing with bro??? U study law, go HK take p.hotos of Lamp for business, and now cars?? WAH!!! YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR DUDE!!!

Okay on a serious note... what are you interested?? Used cars or the car parts....sounds like you are keen on spare parts??? I export to Australia by a 40ft HC container load.... ;P

I gotta learn from that guy 1 day man....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

seiko.citizen
28-04-08, 09:11 AM

lets get the lamps things straight :D. It is UV lamps for exposure, and in Shanghai.

I also studying Commerce majoring in Finance.

I have no idea how the car business works, but maybe if i study the market here a lot better, I can work out what I can bring into Oz. What I originally meant was that the car interior of s'pore cars can usually be taken out and replace in Oz cars involved in accidents. Thus lowering costs for the insurance and those who rebuild cars.

Because I ever tried to import car from S'pore and damn jialat.... works out more expensive to import then buy a local produced car. Due to red tape :mad: (Merc S600L - FOB sg S$79K), by the time complience and everything work out to be just under 200K. might as well buy brand new.

I gotta learn from that guy 1 day man....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: no need to learn. In this big mean world, everyone has an empty stomach and you will need to work your butt off to fill it up and bring food to your table. As humans we are all survivalists.

jazz_samz
29-04-08, 12:21 AM
i see... Well i sell genuine Japanese brand car parts to australia... Prices are definitely attractive... But one MUST knw the trade ande demand... Crash parts are particularlly sellable and i supply to a distribution channel who supplies these parts to the workshops... Brisbane and melbourne are the bigger markets... Perth not so...

seiko.citizen
29-04-08, 09:51 PM
i see... Well i sell genuine Japanese brand car parts to australia... Prices are definitely attractive... But one MUST knw the trade ande demand... Crash parts are particularlly sellable and i supply to a distribution channel who supplies these parts to the workshops... Brisbane and melbourne are the bigger markets... Perth not so...

awesome. maybe I can see you next time im in town, then i can see what i can do.

pet
30-06-08, 01:11 PM
Article on ERP ... EVERY ROAD PAY...

u think ? :p

seiko.citizen
30-06-08, 03:43 PM
jia lang........ ERP really kill the fun in driving.

feilong108
30-06-08, 03:49 PM
haha..it is the way of life in singapore...haha...living standard is going thru the roof...sigh....

pet
30-06-08, 05:58 PM
econ no good still erp..wtf...

maybe by next yr can see more NOS coming in frm overseas.. watches/ cars etc :p

seiko.citizen
30-06-08, 07:28 PM
very soon driving will be a luxury only for the super richs. Even if you can afford the initial payment, the maintance cost a bomb.

pet
30-06-08, 08:20 PM
very soon driving will be a luxury only for the super richs. Even if you can afford the initial payment, the maintance cost a bomb.

ya loh, i think lta one of the richest dept in the world ( in term of per car collection/ income ) .... :(

owning a car in sg, $$$$$$$$$:
Import Tax
GST
ARF
Road Tax
ERP
Petrol
Insurance
Parking
Maintenance
etc etc

seiko.citizen
30-06-08, 08:53 PM
be lucky you have PI cars. I want to PI also cannot because the standard too high here :mad: Also because manufacturer want to maintain high prices, hence no one can import. Unless for personal use that comes with a load of strings attached :whistling:

jazz_samz
30-06-08, 09:08 PM
read that.. feel that next election, PAP must really campaign like hell cos I believe loads of ppl are suffering from the rising cost of living etc...

Article on ERP ... EVERY ROAD PAY...

u think ? :p

seiko.citizen
30-06-08, 10:04 PM
read that.. feel that next election, PAP must really campaign like hell cos I believe loads of ppl are suffering from the rising cost of living etc...

no need lah... the most important seats are already secured by PAP even before election. Even if there is a swing against gov't the amount of power held by gov't still means they are in power.

wolfeyes1974
30-06-08, 10:12 PM
but poor govt...there's a limit they can do lah....sigh....

pet
30-06-08, 10:31 PM
no need lah... the most important seats are already secured by PAP even before election. Even if there is a swing against gov't the amount of power held by gov't still means they are in power.
my area always walk over 1... hee

next election more tough leow... young ppl think diff leow, want watch, increase gst.. they wnt property, double the price, even hdb also up abt 30% in some area for the past year... want car. more headache leh :duh:
ARF/ import tax to discourage ownership, COE to curb limit cars/ entitlement,
ERP to curb usage, petrol tax to curb usage too etc etc...

all these inflation, so far gov do nothing for sporean ... private sector nothing, somemore gov civil servant got inflation package... ppl see leow hot hot... cant make every1 happy, but pap good gov... but i see tough tough election ahead :p

jazz_samz
05-07-08, 12:12 AM
cant agree more...

pet
05-07-08, 12:19 AM
thinking of buying a car leh... budget less thn 80k...:p

mainly i use nia, use it for fishing... hehee ... any kai siow ?? :p

wanted something like tht, ( private plate, comes with 5 or 7 seater )... but i will remove all the back seats..hehee... good fishing vehicle.

http://www.autosieger.de/images/articles/fiat_doblo_cargo_panorama_3.jpg

armchaireconomist
05-07-08, 04:02 AM

Driving a Volvo S40 now. Some guys from the volvo forum also here. Anyway...

Thinking of getting a 2nd car (MPV) for wife and family in the coming months. My priorities are family comfort, fuel efficiency and easy maintenance. And target price is about 80k (if less better still). Don't want to spend too much... if not, I'd go for the Ford S-Max. So, I think it would either be:

1) Toyota Picnic
2) Toyota Wish
3) Honda Stream

Had the chance to drive the Picnic for a couple of days and I must say I am impress with the interior space. Test drove Stream before... but steering was a little too light for my liking. Never even sat in a Wish before, but from reviews, etc. it looks like a logical contender.

Which is probably my best bet??

armchaireconomist
05-07-08, 04:08 AM

wanted something like tht, ( private plate, comes with 5 or 7 seater )... but i will remove all the back seats..hehee... good fishing vehicle.

If can... go for the Volkswagen Caddy. 1.9L diesel turbo with DSG!!
Only problem is that it's classified under commercial vehicle... :(

seiko.citizen
05-07-08, 09:23 AM
the VW has very powerful engines (speed and torque). So it is important that you do not buy a car that has a lousy engine.

Thinking of getting a 2nd car (MPV) for wife and family in the coming months. My priorities are family comfort, fuel efficiency and easy maintenance. And target price is about 80k (if less better still). Don't want to spend too much... if not, I'd go for the Ford S-Max. So, I think it would either be:

1) Toyota Picnic
2) Toyota Wish
3) Honda Stream

Had the chance to drive the Picnic for a couple of days and I must say I am impress with the interior space. Test drove Stream before... but steering was a little too light for my liking. Never even sat in a Wish before, but from reviews, etc. it looks like a logical contender.

personally, i think the toyota would be better over honda. overall service/parts also cheaper, and in my experience, toyota is better than honda in the fuel consumption dep't.

As for honda's driving experience, i find it quite similar to volvo for some odd reason.
The S80 2.5t that i was driving in sg, compare to my mom's honda legend (MY96/97) it seems similar. both very thirsty cars :wow:

Darkangel
05-07-08, 09:51 AM

You get the commercial 1 la...no need to remove back seats somemore..and I think about 30-40k?

jazz_samz
05-07-08, 09:54 AM
hi bro, below are purely personal assessment and reasons.
Picnic - nice interior space, pick up. Poor fuel efficiency.. That is expected from a car that big and heavy.
Wish - proven track record. Been ard for 7 yrs with multiple enhancement and face lifts. A winner by toyota for a MPV class in Singapore... Borneo mtr has been kicking themselves hard for lousing out this market share... I hear a new face lift is due in nov-08?? Am unsure really... I got this over a stream due to this simple reasoning. Many claims the new stream will be a wish killer... Granted the look and features. My friends from tyt forum who jumped ship to a honda stream singing high praises and being proud by it. Not wrong but my own reasoning.... A new technology 5 speed auto gear
can't even out perform in Fuel efficiency of the wish 7 yrs later.... So tyt manage to perfect a 4-gear technology 7 yrs back not needing the complexity and gear train and honda only manage to do that 7 yrs later?? Rear drum brake dun pose any issues with me... I am a speedster and a tail gater... :thumbsup:
Stream - nice looks and feature. Some say its more spacious and comfortable than wish. But i was impartial before owning a wish. I dun feel so.

1) Toyota Picnic
2) Toyota Wish
3) Honda Stream

wolfeyes1974
05-07-08, 11:57 AM
S-max quite good....u shld try test drive it too..

feilong108
05-07-08, 12:32 PM
erm...any experts here can give advice on whether on 60 litres mileage is 500km is gd for a 2.0 litre car?thanks for the input in advance...hahaha

seiko.citizen
05-07-08, 12:39 PM
You get the commercial 1 la...no need to remove back seats somemore..and I think about 30-40k?

but cannot go into m'sia iirc, because considered goods carrying. however if sole purpose is to use in sg then you have no worries.

seiko.citizen
05-07-08, 12:45 PM
erm...any experts here can give advice on whether on 60 litres mileage is 500km is gd for a 2.0 litre car?thanks for the input in advance...hahaha

my car 65ltr, 2000cc toyota camry, from full to empty, = 580km which equates to about 10ltr/100km

thats very good, about 8.5ltr/100km. Please dont complain :laugh: my other car at home, avg about 14ltr/100km :wow: scare until dont drive, only when need to look nice than drive.

but you should also tell us what the driving pattern is like.
urban driving (jams/idling)
semi urban (CTE/PIE/SLE)
country (north-south hwy)

also what is your style like? aggressive, conservative, adaptive, etc

i give you a rough idea of my style
semi urban with adaptive driving, meaning that i do not ram brake for no reason, i also glide to a stop rather than speed and brake with so much force to stop the vehicle. However on highway, I do clock about 160km/h (top speed), but I dont hold the gas until hit the top limit, i slowly let it cruise up there.

triton
05-07-08, 01:07 PM
mostly aggressive and requires car to be adaptive...how? :laugh:

also what is your style like? aggressive, conservative, adaptive, etc

seiko.citizen
05-07-08, 01:25 PM
i was referring to the driving style, and which of the following are they:
adaptive (aggressive on open roads, conservative in surburbia)
aggressive (100% gas pedal to the floor, tailgate at high speeds,etc)
consverative (gentle acceleration, light braking, gliding to a halt rather than stopping at the last minute).

i have yet to try those so called adaptive suspension - anyone got any experience?? Last time i test drive a merc s-class, i wasnt given enough exposure to give it a through test.

pet
05-07-08, 02:54 PM
Thinking of getting a 2nd car (MPV) for wife and family in the coming months.

my wife drv toyota estima Aeras ( brought from PI ).. select this car purely of 1 reason, space. we choose the 7 seater 1 cos kids can walk to the back, dont hv to fold the middle row down...interior high enough even adult walk thru also no problem... there's another model call alphard, but way too high, i think some old car park cannot enter. :p

kids luv space, so if purely thinking of kids and nothing else, i would recomm this estima/ previa :p

no private plate leh... i heard the fiat 1 comes in diesel engine also...hmmm

but cannot drive to malaysia leh...anyway, co got commercial van, i already using it also :D

but cannot go into m'sia iirc, because considered goods carrying. however if sole purpose is to use in sg then you have no worries.

yaloh, malaysia got alot of fishing ground :D

i drv co diesel van... 50+ L, can go close to 800km..

diesel :thumbsup:

seiko.citizen
05-07-08, 03:02 PM
(...)
i drv co diesel van... 50+ L, can go close to 800km..

diesel :thumbsup:

diesel is now very close to petrol in terms of performance. I drove co diesel van once, and i can travel 110kmh on PIE :p, with power to spare :laugh:

economy is good the power is getting better.

jazz_samz
05-07-08, 04:56 PM
in europe... Diesel is prefered over petrol cos its cleaner, cheaper and more powerful... But for commercial vehicles locally, i knw ppl who drives kangoo, caddy, etc... They get problems with their engine aft 3yrs and require over haul cos diesel here creates alot of sludge?? Not sure if its true cos i dun experience it but from their mechanics frm the svc cntr... Oso, diesel engine roars louder..... Care to comment and share yr experience??

jazz_samz
05-07-08, 05:00 PM
love the estima too..... I hear its pretty powerful... Drove one in perth in 1999... Its called terago there... Damn shiok man....
May tgt an estima later but for nw, the wish suffice....
I do knw if FC is a big issue, then u r better off with a wish or a stream.
Anybody drives the new version of mazda 5?? Test driven it... Not bad but unsure of fc... Think its abt 9km/l on the earlier variant.... New one duno...
Another nice mpv is the citrone grand picasso c4... Beauty!! :thumbsup:

pet
05-07-08, 05:29 PM
love the estima too..... I hear its pretty powerful... Drove one in perth in 1999... Its called terago there... Damn shiok man....
Anybody drives the new version of mazda 5?? Test driven it... Not bad but unsure of fc... Think its abt 9km/l on the earlier variant.... New one duno...

got less thn a month to deicde wht to buy... cos my bid lic plate gonna expire soon... if not got to pay another 1k to lta to extend :( KNN

priority changes... i prefer suv or mpv thn saloon or anything sporty, cos boh pien, father of 3 leow... hahahaha..hmmm...well other than children, also my fishes...hahhaa... no bigger car means it wont fit my fishing equip and ice box... if 3 to 4 guys going fishing, alot more junk, so need those mpv or at least a suv... any other suggestion ( inexpensive - abt 80+/- ).

diesel is now very close to petrol in terms of performance. I drove co diesel van once, and i can travel 110kmh on PIE :p, with power to spare :laugh:

economy is good the power is getting better.

too bad, sg gov still tax so high on diesel car.... no foresight... :(

Hary
05-07-08, 05:36 PM
I am driving SUV now, Toyota RAV4. It drinks like nobody business :duh:

Henry T
05-07-08, 06:18 PM
My current car - Ford Focus 2.0 Sport. :)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/Henry1955/MyFFocusB.jpg

seiko.citizen
05-07-08, 06:36 PM
in europe... Diesel is prefered over petrol cos its cleaner, cheaper and more powerful... But for commercial vehicles locally, i knw ppl who drives kangoo, caddy, etc... They get problems with their engine aft 3yrs and require over haul cos diesel here creates alot of sludge?? Not sure if its true cos i dun experience it but from their mechanics frm the svc cntr... Oso, diesel engine roars louder..... Care to comment and share yr experience??
i think it has to do with a filter hidden in the fuel tank (so i hear), also diesel to my knowledge has a lot of impurities to start with.

ah the tarago, we used to have one moon years ago, never got to drive. It was stolen when i was young :( Fun car, very spacious inside.

got less thn a month to deicde wht to buy... cos my bid lic plate gonna expire soon... if not got to pay another 1k to lta to extend :( KNN

priority changes... i prefer suv or mpv thn saloon or anything sporty, cos boh pien, father of 3 leow... hahahaha..hmmm...well other than children, also my fishes...hahhaa... no bigger car means it wont fit my fishing equip and ice box... if 3 to 4 guys going fishing, alot more junk, so need those mpv or at least a suv... any other suggestion ( inexpensive - abt 80+/- ).

too bad, sg gov still tax so high on diesel car.... no foresight... :(
this is what i would do, go to the car yards, and ask to test drive for the weekend (you rent a demo from agent), that way, you can test with no hassles. I hate testing cars that ask me to circle one block and come back.

rav4 is not a fun car to drive :(, i drove my friend one once, somemore the drive is a bit "trucky" :laugh:

My current car - Ford Focus 2.0 Sport. :)
[IMG]refer to original post
nice car, its a pity that you are not allowed to keep old cars, the older 4wd escourt was a much meaner, leaner car. the FC also drink like crazy :p

cmsoh
05-07-08, 08:03 PM

At that price range would be Honda Odyssey, but a bit outdated. Nissan Presage, quite well kitted out. Mazda 5, haven't seen much of it yet. Mit Grandis, I used to drive this. Very nice, but FC a bit high. Hyundai Santa Fe, but high engine CC, so will consume more. Toyota Forester, very nice, but also high FC due to big engine CC.

pet
05-07-08, 09:45 PM

rav4 nice leh

At that price range would be Honda Odyssey, but a bit outdated. Nissan Presage, quite well kitted out. Mazda 5, haven't seen much of it yet. Mit Grandis, I used to drive this. Very nice, but FC a bit high. Hyundai Santa Fe, but high engine CC, so will consume more. Toyota Forester, very nice, but also high FC due to big engine CC.

actually already got a mpv, was looking for a vehicle where i can go fishing with and of cos individual use... can smoke :D

seiko.citizen
05-07-08, 11:17 PM
for those who smoke in their cars, it can devalue by up to 10-15% since it cost a bomb to remove ciggie smoke when time to sell.

Darkangel
05-07-08, 11:44 PM
for those who smoke in their cars, it can devalue by up to 10-15% since it cost a bomb to remove ciggie smoke when time to sell.

wah really ah? :wow: that's something new...

well unless the next owner is also a smoker...:laugh:

Nooch
05-07-08, 11:51 PM
rav4 nice leh

actually already got a mpv, was looking for a vehicle where i can go fishing with and of cos individual use... can smoke :D

Wah Mr Pet how many cars u got?? :D Get a Porsche Cayenne?? Nice n good..haha

seiko.citizen
05-07-08, 11:54 PM
wah really ah? :wow: that's something new...

well unless the next owner is also a smoker...:laugh:

if the preowned owner is a smoker the value up by 5% since smell already there :whistling: :p:laugh:

In japan, lots of japs smoke in their cars, and in the import yards you can smell it.

However you can try steaming the car to get rid of the smell, but the odour will be there.

that is why if i buy jap import car, i must go there and see myself, otherwise wait import and kenna can smell ciggie odour :mad:

I once picked up a professional commercial vacuum, and it stink of ciggie smoke, I had to steam it many times, and under pressure, but to no avail :(

seiko.citizen
05-07-08, 11:57 PM

porsche cayenne looks cool, but cost a bomb. both initial price and upkeep. i ever sit in one before, quite nice,and very sporty (i had worked as a valet parking before:p, too bad i cannot go and race in it :()

Darkangel
05-07-08, 11:59 PM
porsche cayenne looks cool, but cost a bomb. both initial price and upkeep. i ever sit in one before, quite nice,and very sporty (i had worked as a valet parking before:p, too bad i cannot go and race in it :()

It's cheaper in the states...my fren bought it for half the price of wad it costs here in s;pore

and he's the same age as me :( :(

seiko.citizen
06-07-08, 12:01 AM
oz also expensive :( about A$200k for the fully kitted version :D, but hor, drive high power car no use now :(. Everywhere cannot drive fast, only autobahn then can drive max limit :D recently in my state too many people dying on the road, so the TP sure on! :mad:

on the other hand, I find porsche very hard to modify (whether it is engine or interior)

pet
06-07-08, 12:20 AM

yuck, i dont like Cayenne... will rather pick land rover, range rover... :p

dunno leh, i think sg ok lah... spray some wife perfume can leow... hahhaa

jazz_samz
06-07-08, 01:15 AM
bro... i think u meant Toyota fortuner rite? Tat car drinks too.... Forester is a subaru station wagon kinda car... Nt 7-seater...
I think abt <90k, i wld recommend wish, stream and mazda 5. This is purely personal hor... No offence to other car model owners who differs with me... I hink ody and presage is higher than 90k?? Anyone can cfm?? No go car shopping so duno brand new car prices...

Hary
06-07-08, 01:32 AM
I have been driving SUV for years. Now I am leaning towards sedan car. If i would buy a new car, I would pick sedan for driving comfort. New Honda Accord looks quite nice. If I have more money, I would pick Audi A4 or A6

seiko.citizen
06-07-08, 10:36 AM
yuck, i dont like Cayenne... will rather pick land rover, range rover... :p

dunno leh, i think sg ok lah... spray some wife perfume can leow... hahhaa
buying range rover,land rover, jaguar = india tata. now you tell me if it is worth the cost? :p

I have been driving SUV for years. Now I am leaning towards sedan car. If i would buy a new car, I would pick sedan for driving comfort. New Honda Accord looks quite nice. If I have more money, I would pick Audi A4 or A6
the new honda accord and legend price not that much difference (~A$15-20k), might as well get legend. better resale, bigger engine,more refined. accord too popular, but also see what you want.

cmsoh
06-07-08, 11:02 AM

I was just at Kah Motor's yesterday, the outside of the Accord looks nice, but the interior was very dissappointing for me. Nothing looked significantly outstanding as an executive car. And the boot was quite small for a car that size.

Some of the other cars I checked out yesterday:

MB R280 - damm solid 7-seater, but way out of price range, almost the best MPV money can buy at this moment.

VW Jetta TSI - I think this one quite attractive, especially for a 1.4 TSI with DSG.

Audi damm over-priced. At that price range, I think MB better value. But personally, for me its Volvo or Saab. Price of Audi A4 can get a much better Volvo S80.

jazz_samz
06-07-08, 11:32 AM
although i really love the a4 and a6, i totally agree its over priced nw. S60 even is a gd car to drive. Comfort and nice interior... Great feel too...

seiko.citizen
06-07-08, 12:18 PM
I was just at Kah Motor's yesterday, the outside of the Accord looks nice, but the interior was very dissappointing for me. Nothing looked significantly outstanding as an executive car. And the boot was quite small for a car that size.

Some of the other cars I checked out yesterday:

MB R280 - damm solid 7-seater, but way out of price range, almost the best MPV money can buy at this moment.

VW Jetta TSI - I think this one quite attractive, especially for a 1.4 TSI with DSG.

Audi damm over-priced. At that price range, I think MB better value. But personally, for me its Volvo or Saab. Price of Audi A4 can get a much better Volvo S80.
somehow i prefer the older accord euro look. more sharp. the new one looks more refined.
MB R280 overpriced...... what do you have to say about the AMG version? :p

i find volvo very hard to sell. not a lot of buyer, also their quality abit lousy. i have been driving s80 2.5t and not a very fun car to drive. but damn powerful :D

although i really love the a4 and a6, i totally agree its over priced nw. S60 even is a gd car to drive. Comfort and nice interior... Great feel too...
from my experience, i prefer A6 over the S80. the A6 is more involving and subtle. whereas the S80 is a heavy car and less fun since you have to throw around more weight

Darkangel
06-07-08, 12:30 PM
How you guys find the C180?

I heard there's going to be a C160 coming out...now that's damn gd la!

Well I think the new C class has been pretty sporty except that now they dun have the 3point star sticking out already :( it's built in....that was a big mistake man...it's lost it's class :(

seiko.citizen
06-07-08, 01:05 PM
C63 AMG better :D more sporty, but i find the c180 a bit feature lacking. for that price can get lexus with more features.

Darkangel
06-07-08, 01:30 PM
C63 AMG better :D more sporty, but i find the c180 a bit feature lacking. for that price can get lexus with more features.

No la out of budget. Hahaha...Well I think Lexus IS and Merc C class is on par. But considering the high fuel prices I think a C180 or C160 is more worth it.

Well my dad prefers 1.6L to 1.8L car. If 1.6 is best la....and since Merc just came out with a C160:wow: It's gonna be perfect!

triton
06-07-08, 02:11 PM
personally im looking @ the C200 currently.

i like the handling. i find that the A class and B Class are currently a joke. it is a neither here nor there car. i think MB should just forget about targeting the low end CC cars.

for me japanese cars like toyota has the best turning radius and fuel efficiency compared to nissan and honda.

for european cars, i still prefer MB as im biased. i dont like the feel when i sit in BMW, jaguar.

as for AUDI, VW, Ford, OPEL, the feel sitting inside and driving is different.

i think most important for a car owner is

1) what needs must the car fulfill, family transporter, couple going out, etc.
2) is fuel consumption of the car an issue
3) the feel sitting inside the car
4) the feel driving the car
5) budget?
6) safety aspects of the car

im currently driving a vios because i have a tight budget, i need to drive my family around, it has good fuel consumption. meet my current needs.

Hary
06-07-08, 02:48 PM
I personally have decided more or less not to invest in new car. My current car serve the purpose, although sometimes tempted to look at new cars. Unless my boss gives me big bonuses/increament (which is unlikely), then I can reconsider :)

pet
06-07-08, 08:05 PM
my first car 1983 ( overseas ), brand new toyota corolla at US$7.3K, and sold it at US$8.5k ( trade in for a new 2 door sport car )... there after, change another 1 but got into an accident, insurance pay for another new ride... .basically all 2 door sport.

first car i own in sg. a ford Laser TX3 bought brand new in 1987 at S$37k. sold it aftert 2 yrs at $42K.... the only time i make money on cars..... after tht was a mix of saloon and 2 door cars ... ( 7 car changes over 10 yrs ).. til i got married.. thn kids...so in the past 6 to 7 yrs.. a must have vehicle = SUV ( high, also more roomy ), MPV ( roomy ) :p

currently no suv, but was thinking of a cheap 1 where i can use to go fishing :D ... mainly i am trying to use my reg plate which i bidded last yr..... dont really hv a particular choice/ make of car, but dont wnt saloon... one of these, hatch, mpv or suv willl do fine :p ... used car also dont mind... :p

seiko.citizen
06-07-08, 08:28 PM
No la out of budget. Hahaha...Well I think Lexus IS and Merc C class is on par. But considering the high fuel prices I think a C180 or C160 is more worth it.

Well my dad prefers 1.6L to 1.8L car. If 1.6 is best la....and since Merc just came out with a C160:wow: It's gonna be perfect!
1600-1800cc engine quite small, not sure if it is powerful enough :p, even if lexus is onpar with c-class putting prestige aside, i "feel" that the IS is a excellent choice (biased cos i drive the MY98 is200 heavily modified in perth :p)

I personally have decided more or less not to invest in new car. My current car serve the purpose, although sometimes tempted to look at new cars. Unless my boss gives me big bonuses/increament (which is unlikely), then I can reconsider :)
i never buy new car, always preowned, and buying preowned is more fun, because the engine is burnt in, and at a price much more reasonable than when selling at new.

my first car 1983 ( overseas ), brand new toyota corolla at US$7.3K, and sold it at US$8.5k ( trade in for a new 2 door sport car )... there after, change another 1 but got into an accident, insurance pay for another new ride... .basically all 2 door sport.

first car i own in sg. a ford Laser TX3 bought brand new in 1987 at S$37k. sold it aftert 2 yrs at $42K.... the only time i make money on cars..... after tht was a mix of saloon and 2 door cars ... ( 7 car changes over 10 yrs ).. til i got married.. thn kids...so in the past 6 to 7 yrs.. a must have vehicle = SUV ( high, also more roomy ), MPV ( roomy ) :p

currently no suv, but was thinking of a cheap 1 where i can use to go fishing :D ... mainly i am trying to use my reg plate which i bidded last yr..... dont really hv a particular choice/ make of car, but dont wnt saloon... one of these, hatch, mpv or suv willl do fine :p ... used car also dont mind... :p
SUV one thing no good is the high centre of gravity, i find it throws the car out of balance, even at normal driving speeds. therefore prefer saloon or wagon.

pet
06-07-08, 08:45 PM
SUV one thing no good is the high centre of gravity, i find it throws the car out of balance, even at normal driving speeds. therefore prefer saloon or wagon.

low better thn high... for kids high better th low... hahaa... so boh pien :p

triton
06-07-08, 09:34 PM
for me, car must be low as when family not in car, i take slip roads in/out expressway in excessive of 70km/h

Darkangel
06-07-08, 09:43 PM
1600-1800cc engine quite small, not sure if it is powerful enough :p, even if lexus is onpar with c-class putting prestige aside, i "feel" that the IS is a excellent choice (biased cos i drive the MY98 is200 heavily modified in perth :p)

Pls la....I dun race like you do man. I prefer comfort:laugh:

seiko.citizen
06-07-08, 10:15 PM
for me, car must be low as when family not in car, i take slip roads in/out expressway in excessive of 70km/h
another speeder :whistling:

Pls la....I dun race like you do man. I prefer comfort:laugh:
you say that now, but you wait til you get your license and go to NS hwy :laugh: my bro today see the open speed limit sign, floor the pedal :mad: no skill want to drive fast :mad:

Darkangel
06-07-08, 10:16 PM
you say that now, but you wait til you get your license and go to NS hwy :laugh: my bro today see the open speed limit sign, floor the pedal :mad: no skill want to drive fast :mad:

Hehe 2 years time :laugh:

seiko.citizen
06-07-08, 10:23 PM
too all the newbies, want to drive fast, please get some experience and learn to control. very easy to go fast, but very hard to control at such speed.

jazz_samz
06-07-08, 10:37 PM
For family and kids.. high better.. cos you should not be speeding and if someone wack you, yr car is still higher and thus safer for the passengers...

low better thn high... for kids high better th low... hahaa... so boh pien :p

PET, then go get RUSH loh.. if you want something simple to use for fishing and like SUV... Basic and decent if you ask me

jazz_samz
06-07-08, 10:38 PM
Is service center competency a consideration for you?? It was for me.. :)

personally im looking @ the C200 currently.

i like the handling. i find that the A class and B Class are currently a joke. it is a neither here nor there car. i think MB should just forget about targeting the low end CC cars.

for me japanese cars like toyota has the best turning radius and fuel efficiency compared to nissan and honda.

for european cars, i still prefer MB as im biased. i dont like the feel when i sit in BMW, jaguar.

as for AUDI, VW, Ford, OPEL, the feel sitting inside and driving is different.

i think most important for a car owner is

1) what needs must the car fulfill, family transporter, couple going out, etc.
2) is fuel consumption of the car an issue
3) the feel sitting inside the car
4) the feel driving the car
5) budget?
6) safety aspects of the car

im currently driving a vios because i have a tight budget, i need to drive my family around, it has good fuel consumption. meet my current needs.

jazz_samz
06-07-08, 10:40 PM
Pardon me if it is offending anybody hor... I personally feel C180 is a waste of time... FOR MB, I will consider E class at minimum

I beg to differ on the part of their logo. I think it being embedded on the hood is more classy.. :)

How you guys find the C180?

I heard there's going to be a C160 coming out...now that's damn gd la!

Well I think the new C class has been pretty sporty except that now they dun have the 3point star sticking out already :( it's built in....that was a big mistake man...it's lost it's class :(

seiko.citizen
06-07-08, 11:01 PM
Is service center competency a consideration for you?? It was for me.. :)
it should be on the list of every buyer, that is unless they have friends that can repair their respective models. Nowadays the computer cannot do yourself, need special tool to diagnose the problem

For family and kids.. high better.. cos you should not be speeding and if someone wack you, yr car is still higher and thus safer for the passengers...

PET, then go get RUSH loh.. if you want something simple to use for fishing and like SUV... Basic and decent if you ask me

but at the end of the day, car big or small, also depend on driver skill. if driver dont know how to handle situation, sure kenna in accident.

this week the road toll average in my home town was 1/day, some days more/less.

pet
06-07-08, 11:13 PM

my dad hosp, so never really think of buying car, but hor, i look at my lic plate, gonna expire beginning aug... cham...

was thinking of the following:
hatch: honday fit/ jazz, toyota yaris ( still avail ) ?

Mpv: honda stream, fiat panaroma, ... thn blank, cant think of any others :p

Suv: hmm... rush i find it small leh... i mean smal for a suv... :p ... was thinking maybe vitara. my wife use to drv suv, i also drv it, one think for sure. spacious compare to saloon car... boot also good... nowadays i cannot tarhan saloon car, cos fishing rod & ice boax hard to put in :(

Nooch
06-07-08, 11:21 PM
Sam, i 2nd on e logo on e hood more classy, i reckon the word is Avant-garde hehe..indeed very classy.

Pet, u can consider a vitara as it is more fuel economical. Also back quite big so u can put ur fishing barang barang.

Darkangel
06-07-08, 11:25 PM
my dad hosp, so never really think of buying car, but hor, i look at my lic plate, gonna expire beginning aug... cham...

Suv: hmm... rush i find it small leh... i mean smal for a suv... :p ... was thinking maybe vitara. my wife use to drv suv, i also drv it, one think for sure. spacious compare to saloon car... boot also good... nowadays i cannot tarhan saloon car, cos fishing rod & ice boax hard to put in :(

yeah ur car that time so hard to put in the ice box.

Pardon me if it is offending anybody hor... I personally feel C180 is a waste of time... FOR MB, I will consider E class at minimum

I beg to differ on the part of their logo. I think it being embedded on the hood is more classy.. :)

Well...E class not for ppl my age la...for my dad's age 1 :D

seiko.citizen
06-07-08, 11:28 PM
my advise to you would be to go and try out the car, ask for a demo over the weekend (pay $100 non refundable) that way you can get a good idea whether your "new" car is suitable.

pet
06-07-08, 11:30 PM
Sam, i 2nd on e logo on e hood more classy, i reckon the word is Avant-garde hehe..indeed very classy.

Pet, u can consider a vitara as it is more fuel economical. Also back quite big so u can put ur fishing barang barang.

i think maybe vitara lah hor... my fishing barang should go in... hehee.. usually i have abt 4 boxes + ice box and also a carton or 2 of drinks... quite abit of stuff.. :p

right now, if there's a few of us say drive to malaysia for fishing, i got to use my wife car... got to slowly remove all the child car seats :duh:

armchaireconomist
07-07-08, 12:38 AM

Estima... I didn't only hear about it... I've experienced when an one of those smoked me on North South Highway! Shan't disclose at what speeds... but let's just say its insane coming from a big MPV. That was one of the older Estima is 3L with a supercharger. Fine. Can tell instantly its been modded. But still... So I've come to respect the older Estimas...

As for the Grand Picasso C4... I agree it's a real beauty. But believe it or not, the gear shift is on top-right behind the steering wheel. French quirkiness at its best! But the panoramic roof is brilliant, no doubt will jack up the insurance. But it's out of the shortlist... not sure if I (or my wife) can take the french quirkiness...

armchaireconomist
07-07-08, 12:55 AM
too all the newbies, want to drive fast, please get some experience and learn to control. very easy to go fast, but very hard to control at such speed.

fully agreed... not just newbies... but everyone.

driving fast doesn't kill... stopping suddenly does. It's controlled aggression that makes a good driver (regardless fast or slow speed).

There are 'defence' and 'advance' driving courses and I think it's good to take them and learn some good driving tactics/habits. Like never place any movable object on the dashboard, cause they can cause serious injuries during an accident as it can become a 'missile'. Simple things like that...

As for speed, that's always the track...

feilong108
07-07-08, 12:58 AM
true..for me i dun speed..esp in singapore...becoz hor...license ex to get leh..hahaha....i prefer to keep at the speed limit...lolz...

triton
07-07-08, 07:22 AM
yes, usually i dont drive in-line with the car in front of me, i drive slightly towards the left or right depending on condition, at least*hopefully* the driver in front of me can see me through the side mirrors. also it helps to see at least what is happening to 2 cars ahead of me.

the other thing i do if i want to overtake, i accelerate first before overtake.

my dashboard is clear of objects, one is because of airbag. secondly, the reflection of objects of the windscreen is irritating to me. i also dun hang 'christmas' items on the rear view mirror. there is also no objects on the rear dashboard.

There are 'defence' and 'advance' driving courses and I think it's good to take them and learn some good driving tactics/habits. Like never place any movable object on the dashboard, cause they can cause serious injuries during an accident as it can become a 'missile'. Simple things like that...

triton
07-07-08, 07:25 AM
sometimes i get impatient with drivers who keeps a distance of at least 4 car lengths in front of him/her. i wonder if they are driving a plane needing that runaway to take off.

the other type of drivers is those who refuse to filter inwards when they know u in a rush. just dont understand, if someone wants to pass by, let them. this is because the other driver might have something urgent to attend, u never know.

jazz_samz
07-07-08, 07:41 AM
ah pet... If expire in aug, u better make yr this wk... Cos u need to wait for coe some more... Suzuki cars are alrite.. I only hate borneo motor svc standard. Vitara nice to drive if u r a suv person!

Darkangel
07-07-08, 08:43 AM
ah pet... If expire in aug, u better make yr this wk... Cos u need to wait for coe some more... Suzuki cars are alrite.. I only hate borneo motor svc standard. Vitara nice to drive if u r a suv person!

Well suzuki is ok as long as u are not pan tang...

my dashboard is clear of objects, one is because of airbag. secondly, the reflection of objects of the windscreen is irritating to me. i also dun hang 'christmas' items on the rear view mirror. there is also no objects on the rear dashboard.

jialat...i got 6 monkeys siting on my air bag....:crazy:

cmsoh
07-07-08, 09:02 AM
i find volvo very hard to sell. not a lot of buyer, also their quality abit lousy. i have been driving s80 2.5t and not a very fun car to drive. but damn powerful :D

from my experience, i prefer A6 over the S80. the A6 is more involving and subtle. whereas the S80 is a heavy car and less fun since you have to throw around more weight

Me driving S80 2.5T MY07 too. Yours is the current model as well?
I also like A6, but pricewise in SG, makes no sense to buy an Audi.

cmsoh
07-07-08, 09:07 AM

Honda Stream a bit small and underpowered leh, got a couple of friends got it, and regretted.

Want big boot, can also for wagons wat, got handling of a saloon (almost), and lots and lots of boot space. I wouldn't mind someone giving a V70T6, can smoke a lot of cars out there. My boss also got a Saab 95 Combi. Very nice too.

seiko.citizen
07-07-08, 09:45 AM
Estima... I didn't only hear about it... I've experienced when an one of those smoked me on North South Highway! Shan't disclose at what speeds... but let's just say its insane coming from a big MPV. That was one of the older Estima is 3L with a supercharger. Fine. Can tell instantly its been modded. But still... So I've come to respect the older Estimas...

As for the Grand Picasso C4... I agree it's a real beauty. But believe it or not, the gear shift is on top-right behind the steering wheel. French quirkiness at its best! But the panoramic roof is brilliant, no doubt will jack up the insurance. But it's out of the shortlist... not sure if I (or my wife) can take the french quirkiness...
it seems that i also underestimate the estima :p come on disclose the speeds, i also curious now.

citroen cars in general are very refined, stylish, quite a fun car to drive also, however it is not for everyones tastes

fully agreed... not just newbies... but everyone.

driving fast doesn't kill... stopping suddenly does. It's controlled aggression that makes a good driver (regardless fast or slow speed).

very good points you have there totally agree! :thumbsup:

also the seatbelt covers, steering wheel covers those also comprimise the handling should an emergency arise.

yes, usually i dont drive in-line with the car in front of me, i drive slightly towards the left or right depending on condition, at least*hopefully* the driver in front of me can see me through the side mirrors. also it helps to see at least what is happening to 2 cars ahead of me.

the other thing i do if i want to overtake, i accelerate first before overtake.

also try not to follow large cars that you cannot see thru, and when overtaking, it is best that you keep a long distance and accelerate to maintain momentum.

my method of overtaking is to let back a little (8 car lengths), this allow me to move back in should i need to, than once all clear, i will accelerate non stop this will ensure that i have kept the momentum.

as for dashboards with full of silly and quite unnecessary items, they are irritating as hell to drive with, not to mention they get right into your face should the airbag deploy.

sometimes i get impatient with drivers who keeps a distance of at least 4 car lengths in front of him/her. i wonder if they are driving a plane needing that runaway to take off.

the other type of drivers is those who refuse to filter inwards when they know u in a rush. just dont understand, if someone wants to pass by, let them. this is because the other driver might have something urgent to attend, u never know.
letting someone pass by is not just a courtesy thing, it is also a safety thing, esp when driving on the dual carrageway with no divider, if an opposite car panics they may clip the car who inturn may clip you, now even if not injured, you have just incurred a cost to fix the vehicle regardless.

(...)
jialat...i got 6 monkeys siting on my air bag....:crazy:
better to move to the centre if you must have them because when airbag deploy the monkeys become missiles and believe me and 60kg gas bottle equates to a 250kg projectile being hurled in the car. alternatively an oxford dictionary from the back seat is able to kill a passenger if flung off the dash at 100kmh.

in perth, alot of the asian girls have snoopy, and other plush toys on the dash, some even put on rear dash too. :siao:

ya current model, not mine, my uncle's :)

Honda Stream a bit small and underpowered leh, got a couple of friends got it, and regretted.

Want big boot, can also for wagons wat, got handling of a saloon (almost), and lots and lots of boot space. I wouldn't mind someone giving a V70T6, can smoke a lot of cars out there. My boss also got a Saab 95 Combi. Very nice too.
saab 95 also very powerful, dont laugh at its small engine, it will almost anycar all things being equal.
im not sure if sg will get it, but in oz people are starting to preorder the new saab turbo x, i hear that one one monster of a turbo to be fitted :D, now my hand itchy to go to saab showroom and look :p

pet
07-07-08, 12:04 PM

ya loh. jia lark. if extend lta make another 1 k . wtf.

s80 nice car. nearly bought it last yr. I think was 138k. really very good price.

pet
07-07-08, 12:12 PM

was thinking of wagon. but hor my dad very pang tan type. now he in hospital. later buy wagon. he come back see it piss off. cos he say look like . . . . hmm ... u know lah ... those loh... hee

jazz_samz
07-07-08, 01:06 PM
BRo.. honestly if I were in your position, I won't get a Vitara.. Estima fulfills most requirements... a 2nd car serves as a convenience and for leisure purpose.. in yr case its fishing.. so I will look at a fuel economical car with space.

Looking at that, Wish to me meets that if I am looking for a comfort and spacious drive. Even Toyota Fielder.

If you want an even bigger car, ISIS.. its a beauty in terms of functionality..
http://www.toyota.co.jp/jp/tech/new_cars/isis/presentation/index.html
Go see the video of the functionality.. if it doesn't impress you, nothing will hahah..

feilong108
07-07-08, 01:06 PM
any feedbacks from bros in here driving the new lancer ex 1.5l?hehehe...

jazz_samz
07-07-08, 01:10 PM
Forgot to mentioned something I realised recently...

The WIsh 1.8l engine is the same as the Toyota Celica. I do now understand why there is 'instant' power kicked in whenever I require a surge of power to pick up.

jazz_samz
07-07-08, 01:20 PM
For lancer, it was one of my consideration when I was shopping for a car before I settled on Wish.

Lancer 2.0EX I feel is a better variant in terms of power and weight.
The body of the Lancer is DAMN solid. You can do biceps by lifting the bonnet alone! :thumbsup: That I think is a plus cos its really solid and heavy.. to me, it equates to safety.
During test drive (and eventually my buddy settled for the 2.0ex elegance), we both found it laggy on the lower end gears... after 3rd gear, the drive don't feel as sluggish. FC for a 2.0l is abt 10km/l. Decent for a 2.0l car if you ask me. But the boot space is alittle small... Can't put 4 golf bags.. WTF!!!

AM unsure what if the features of a 1.5l but for the 2.0 variant, I simply love all their technological stuffs.. Keyless remote and ignition (will elaborate further later), HID, Fog, Rain sensor, light sensor, I find the stock soundsystem reasonable with tweeters and nicely built in (better than my stock altis and ceifiro).. 1 more solid feature.. it has a glove compartment mini cooler to put two cans of soda mates!!!! Its sturdy esp when driven on the NS h'way. In fact, if you search on Mit forum, you will read that there are 1.5l owners who drive >160km on the NS H'way and found it very stable and not float like.. :thumbsup: for a 1.5l.

Keyless entry is really SMART.. why? Picture this.. you n yr misses are so used to keyless, assuming yr wife drives it and carry it in her bag. Once she parks her car, she locks the car after she comes out of it. Go to the rear boot, put her bag in (for safety reason) and conveniently closes the rear boot. WAIT!!! THE KEY is in the BAG!!! No worries, the front two doors auto unlocks when that happens... SMART!!!!! How I know? My buddy who bought it personally encounter this... I think its really smart.. The Cefiro's (nissan) version is not that smart.. unsure if the latio is as smart as this though... But for once, I hear that this KEYLESS system HELPS the owner by an additional step.. :thumbsup:

Do assess your priorities bro.. above are my findings.. others may differ so its best you go and check it out personally. :)

feilong108
07-07-08, 01:42 PM
Thanks alot for the feedback bro Jazzsamz, veri helpful for me....later go to ubi to test drive and c if it is gd for me..hehehe...

armchaireconomist
07-07-08, 03:17 PM
it seems that i also underestimate the estima :p come on disclose the speeds, i also curious now.

Wah lau... let's just say the last time I came back from KL (Times Square) to SG (Bukit Timah) took me less than 3 hours. You do the math lah...

Firstly, that Estima (being a 2ton MPV) has no right to be travelling at the speed.
Secondly, it has no right to have that kind of torque at such high revs.
I could just barely keep up with it... Not to say overtake...

saab 95 also very powerful, dont laugh at its small engine, it will almost anycar all things being equal.
im not sure if sg will get it, but in oz people are starting to preorder the new saab turbo x, i hear that one one monster of a turbo to be fitted :D, now my hand itchy to go to saab showroom and look :p

Saab 95 Aero is another car I would mess around with. Met another supped up Aero on NSH... If Estima let me smell smoke, then the 95 Aero's smoke settled down already then I reached. I don't know what stage ECU chip-up that car's got... but that kind of speed from a 4 potter is some serious sh*t. So after that experience, I went to test drive the Aero... then I understand why...

So... On NSH... other than the supercars, WRXs and Evos... the above are 2 cars I wouldn't mess around with...

armchaireconomist
07-07-08, 03:22 PM

Got a friend who bought the 2.0 GT. Lower gears are a little laggy... cos I suppose body is heavy. So if 1.5l version, it's even going to be worse.

Big car, small engine... bad combo. Other features aside. Just IMHO...

feilong108
07-07-08, 03:29 PM
hehehe..thanks for the kind feedback bro ArmchairEconomist..been a great help too..haha....price is the factor here...57k for the 1.5litre basic and 63 for the sport edition..now pondering over which to get...i aint a speedster here..juz a safe driver...hehehe....i tink i m the type u honk to get me out of the way at PIE...lol....