Reveal My Secret Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burnz View Post
    Your body has adjusted to reduced calorie intake over time, and now it's gone into self-preservation mode i.e. it will conserve and store. Very typical of plateaus.

I started out at 106kg in Apr'15, hit my first plateau at around 85kg in Jul'15. I was cycling 4-5 times a week, and rarely hit the gym. Googled and found 'calorie cycling' might help. What you do is over 1 week, alternate between high calorie days (2.5k - 3k cal) and low calorie days (1-1.5k cal). This will trick the body into thinking you are getting more food intake, and trick your body into fat burning mode again (instead of fat storing). You will find that your weight might shoot up 2-3kg during the course of the week, but once you revert back to your usual exercise regime and diet, that extra weight drops off, plus more.

With calorie cycling, that helped me to break through to the next level of loss, and got down to 75kg by Oct '15. That was my second plateau, which I then overcame by calorie cycling again plus introduction of more variety to my exercise regime (started running and doing more weights, on top of cycling). That got me down to my current weight of 70-71kg which is my ideal steady state now. Bodyfat down to 12-13% (from 30+%) with my abs showing for the first time ever in my life, and BMI hovering around a normal 23.

My usual diet now is about 2k calories per day, sometimes more now and I'm more liberal with what I eat now because having a more active lifestyle means higher metabolism and more fuel needed

Hope this helps!
    Nice

Comment

The food preparation looks nice!

Comment

Our health is very important. I'm also worried about my health if I do not take good care of it.

I'm glad to know of a Pre and Probiotic fibre product which help me in my regular bowel movement. I used to have slight constipation issue that bothered me for quite a while but now I not longer have this issue.

Comment

you must be ripped

Comment

To easy to maintain these kind of diets daily.

Comment

Great post. Thank you for the eating plan to cut weight

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X