Diet and all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet and all...

Maybe can share advices on what is your diet if you plan to lose weight...

I know minimize the carbs like rice, noodle, etc... but maybe the pros here like PJBerri can advise further..
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Besides watching your food in-take, regular exercise - both aerobic and anaerobic, will help.
    Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

more exercise (at your descretion the type of activity), and less fatty foods
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

1. Don't go with "zero carbs". Low carb is fine, not zero carb. Instead, choose more complex carbs, meaning wholemeal things. Wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta, etc, will help greatly.

2. Eat most of your food earlier in the day. Meaning no huge supper or dinner. I notice this is very common for many office people. No breakfast, small lunch, but huge dinner/supper after work. Bad move. Body is tired at night, metabolism slows down, yet you eat so much??

3. Closely linked to above, NEVER skip breakfast.

4. Choose soupy stuff over "dry", because dry has more oil like chili and sauces. Choose anything over deep-fried. Choose dipping over pouring gravy all over.

5. To lose weight, calorie intake must be less than calorie output. How to count calories?

http://calorielab.com/index.html

6. How to ensure output is more than input? Exercise.

Comment

thanks for your information.

i find myself not eating breakfast (prefer sleep ) and having good lunch, and even better dinner

will change my dietery habits
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by PJBerri View Post
            1. Don't go with "zero carbs". Low carb is fine, not zero carb. Instead, choose more complex carbs, meaning wholemeal things. Wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta, etc, will help greatly.

2. Eat most of your food earlier in the day. Meaning no huge supper or dinner. I notice this is very common for many office people. No breakfast, small lunch, but huge dinner/supper after work. Bad move. Body is tired at night, metabolism slows down, yet you eat so much??

3. Closely linked to above, NEVER skip breakfast.

4. Choose soupy stuff over "dry", because dry has more oil like chili and sauces. Choose anything over deep-fried. Choose dipping over pouring gravy all over.

5. To lose weight, calorie intake must be less than calorie output. How to count calories?

http://calorielab.com/index.html

6. How to ensure output is more than input? Exercise.

Excellent post !!

Sad to say, on most days, i dun eat any bkfast... sometimes take lunch, then at nite take normal dinner... Yes.. unhealthy, i know.. but i rather slp tat 30 more mins..

Must change.. Must change.. Must change...
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

It's all about habits. Slowly change it. Should be ok man.
              Originally posted by louisoh View Post
              Excellent post !!

Sad to say, on most days, i dun eat any bkfast... sometimes take lunch, then at nite take normal dinner... Yes.. unhealthy, i know.. but i rather slp tat 30 more mins..

Must change.. Must change.. Must change...

Comment

My weight has been around 62kg since NS days. I don't shun carbo like rice, bread. Just watch what I have with the rice; little or no gravy, plain rice and not chicken rice, curry rice etc.
                Our eyes must be ugliest part of our face; everyone looks good when wearing sunglasses

Comment

oh no.... today just slept in , so again skip breakfast ... maybe i go for a snack later
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Weight loss alone may not be healthy, especially if the weight loss is attributable to the loss of muscle mass.

Some of the popular diet plans include: Atkins' Diet, South Beach Diet and this other way of eating known as Eating Right for Your Type.

I'd say that so long as input of energy is not more than the output of energy, then you have a diet plan.

Comment

Question leh !

izzit important on the type of food ( eg, oily, fat, salt etc )... or as long as we dont exceed daily calories in take can leow ??

also, guess diff ppl grow fat in diff area... my mainly on face and tummy ? hee... how to reduce fatty cheek ... hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                        Question leh !

izzit important on the type of food ( eg, oily, fat, salt etc )... or as long as we dont exceed daily calories in take can leow ??

also, guess diff ppl grow fat in diff area... my mainly on face and tummy ? hee... how to reduce fatty cheek ... hahaha
                        The type of food is of course important. Do you think synthetic or mineral oil is better for your car?

Same goes for food. Do you want to eat canned sausage everyday or lean cut meat? You choose. Do you want deepfried, battered chicken dripping oil or clear fish soup with white fish slice? You choose.

There's no such thing as spot reduction. Different people have different areas that store fats easier. That's genetics. As long as you a living a good lifestyle, exercising, eat well, look after your body, you should be healthy and in decent shape.

Comment

Originally posted by PJBerri View Post
                          The type of food is of course important. Do you think synthetic or mineral oil is better for your car?

Same goes for food. Do you want to eat canned sausage everyday or lean cut meat? You choose. Do you want deepfried, battered chicken dripping oil or clear fish soup with white fish slice? You choose.

There's no such thing as spot reduction. Different people have different areas that store fats easier. That's genetics. As long as you a living a good lifestyle, exercising, eat well, look after your body, you should be healthy and in decent shape.
                          okie thanks...

is there sure things as fat organs... hehhee... my wife say i tummy pui pui, cos my organs also fat...hahaa

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                            okie thanks...

is there sure things as fat organs... hehhee... my wife say i tummy pui pui, cos my organs also fat...hahaa
                            No such thing la. Hahahaha.

Comment

Smartest Diet Tips Ever

1) Water to detoxify

You must drink a lot of water when you are hungry. Do not try to look for snacks and binge. A jug of water or fresh fruit juice is a wonderful way of dieting.

2) 5 meals a must

You can think of increasing your daily activities every single day in order to lose weight. You must increase your diet activities and enjoy yourself. You must concentrate on eating 5 meals at least that include fruits and vegetables.

3) Know your hunger pangs

You need to ask yourself if you are hungry and how hungry you are. You will ideally feel refreshed and energetic. In case you feel tired, then you know you have eaten too much.

4) Eat light at night

You must avoid eating when you are watching the television. You can either stay away from the kitchen or you could buy something that has very low calories.

5) Relish the favorite little by little

If your favorite food happens to be French fries then you will have the desire to eat it more. So, limit your intake of your favorite food that is more on the oily side. When you eat less, it is psychological and the desire to eat your favorite food will increase.

6) Light meals all through

You must eat lots of low calorie food in greater amounts all through the day. While you start the day with a heavy breakfast, end the day with a very minimal meal for dinner.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X