No announcement yet.

Any avid divers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usually Adex is where i go to collect stickers and renew my gloves, booties. Usually Atomics dive comp will be cheaper here by 50 bucks. Some cheap wetsuits too.
    Apart from D6, there;s a higher end model aka D9.
    Not necessarily need to do mix gas. I preder D6 as its made of metal and not plastic like D4.

Comment

metal heavy lay

And D6 are much more costly.

Comment

By the way I am just a new open water !!!!

May I check where do you all go for your dive?

What type of sticker?

I went to Apex last year and is my first time

Comment

Tabi,

Most locals that goes on a weekend dive trip will either be at Dayang, Tioman, Redang and other nearby malaysian/indonesian island. So far best is Perhatian.

If willing to spend 4 days to 1 week, you can consider Phuket, Koh Samui and etc. Best is Indo-Manado/Similan/Pinoy-Cebu.

Some prefer pure dive trips, good marine life and maybe a bit of technical ones for caves, high altitude dives and deep wrecks exploration.

I am for leisure, like redang for average dive and ample night life and other recreation activities.

Comment

Tabi, more for your reference.

http://www.asiadivesite.com/

Side note,

Guys, my friend is organising a "Try Scuba" dive on the weekends from this week til next week.

Will cost $40 per pax for the equipment and pool fees. Just bring yourself and swim suit/trunks/shorts will do. All else provided less bikini hot babes and hot lifeguards in red speedos.

After trying, if interested to take up the course, will give additional discount for the open water dive course which consist of 1 weekend tioman or dayang or redang dive trip(variable cos will ask customer's preference).

Feel free to contact me here.
            Cheers,
            Eddie

Comment

I am keen to go for a weekend dive trip to Aur or tioman. Any lobang of anyone going? As for dive watch, mine is a oceanic OC1.
              ===============================
              13 yr old Rolex explorer II white (My very first automatic watch)
              IWC Portofino 3563 Automatic
              Oceanic OC1 (my dive comp, also a watch ;p)
              PAM 250 K
              PAM 321 L
              Bell & Ross BR01-97 Ltd Orange
              Bell & Ross BR01-97 Ltd Commando

EX watches
              Cartier Santos 100 XL
              U-BOAT Flightdeck CAB Orange 50mm

Comment

Originally posted by weesy View Post
                I am keen to go for a weekend dive trip to Aur or tioman. Any lobang of anyone going? As for dive watch, mine is a oceanic OC1.
                Weesy, i am going on a trip from Apr 8-10 Tioman. If you are interested, you can contact me.

Comment

Think I am going aur with friendly waters on the 1st April weekend. Been a long time since I have been there.
                  PAM 250 K
                  PAM 321 L

EX watches
                  Cartier Santos 100 XL

Comment

is Gideon still with friendly waters? aur? still good with marine life?
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Not too sure about Aur. Been a long time since I been there. As for friendly water, just chin cai pick one. The last trip I went with them is in 2001. Stop diving for 4 yrs. Just kick started last year and was rewarded with my first whaleshark sighting.

Any advice about AUR? Or should I go Tioman instead? Been Tioman last year. Not bad.
                      PAM 250 K
                      PAM 321 L

EX watches
                      Cartier Santos 100 XL

Comment

Personal feel, since you have not been to P. Aur for some time, go with Aur. Just read up on the kind of marine life to expect and you wish to see. After-which, tell your dive master to plan the profile to your preference.

Comment

as far as im concerned, marine life changes every so often. the same dive site can offer different experience within a same day. doing a morning dive, afternoon dive and night dive on the same site will be rewarding in different aspects.

more importantly, go to a place where they have the marine life you are interested in.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

havent dive before; but i reckon diving amongst older sunken ships would be cool!
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

yup it is quite fun. Just take note, not all wreck are stable to enter. And some wreck are not big enough for you to explore the internal if that is what you are visualising.

Comment

i did wreck diving in manado, there are resident black tip inside. easily 3-6 of them. each about 1 metre long.

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                                havent dive before; but i reckon diving amongst older sunken ships would be cool!

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X