Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jazz_samz
    replied
    Practice was good.. manage to correct my driver, thanks to my coach...

Regarding maintaining my HC, yes, I joint AA Golf network.. makes more sense to me than joining NTUC and then golf kaki. With AA, I will enjoy the services since I am driving, with NTUC, I won't get to enjoy the Union benefits.
    Will not join any CC for now as I will not play that regularly.... 1 month once if I am lucky, so no point at this moment... If I do join, maybe warren cos I am living in the west...

Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
    Could be bro, wish Singapore got Four Seasons in the future haha
    How was you practice bro ? Try to join us for 23th Feb Medal lor. It a great way to meet new friends and talk about watches as we over run the commando course.
    Did you join any club to maintain your card yet ?

Leave a comment:

• Daytonalover
    replied
    This weather really reminds me when i m playing golf here too...
    Although u guys r not here with me, but we shared almost the same climate!
    But the good part of SG is the fairways r not as wet compared to here...
    And for now, at least u can still poke ur tee into the ground...I need to use a drill to drill my tee in the tee box!

Leave a comment:

• UncleLau
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    nice report bro..

was at the range (GF) last evening to gain some practice time... hahah
    The wind and weather was so cool, I didn't even drop a sweat after hitting ~230balls in 2 1/4hrs of practice...

THe weather is really crazy.. I wonder if its part of the effects of the global warming
    Could be bro, wish Singapore got Four Seasons in the future haha
    How was you practice bro ? Try to join us for 23th Feb Medal lor. It a great way to meet new friends and talk about watches as we over run the commando course.
    Did you join any club to maintain your card yet ?

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    nice report bro..

was at the range (GF) last evening to gain some practice time... hahah
    The wind and weather was so cool, I didn't even drop a sweat after hitting ~230balls in 2 1/4hrs of practice...

THe weather is really crazy.. I wonder if its part of the effects of the global warming

Leave a comment:

• UncleLau
    replied
    NSRCC President Trophy 2009

Yesterday was NSRCC President Trophy 2009 Golf Day, both AM and PM flights all fully booked.

My flight 1215pm with another SGROC member starts our game at the 1st tee of the Army /Airforce Course. We stand there for a few minutes, not to wait for the front flight but........... to cling on to our dear lifes as the wind howled and hit was with such force that we have take cover behind our buggy, number 35. It was very unusual to see such wind condition in Singapore, even during a Singapore thunderstorm, it was not close to what we experienced. A quick prayer was said and we press on...... To our horror our balls flies left and right and even backward as we hit both our drives or irons shots. Singapore Links course ? We have no other choices, but eat our ego and pressed on.
    We focus our long irons to punch our shots low and into the wind. For the first time, we see our putts going toward the hole and just inches before it enter... the wind pushed the ball away from the holes.
    However i must admit that we enjoy the strong winds and the game alot.
    Was disappointed that no one comes even close to the Hole In One chances offered in 4 Par 3 holes, each with Mercs. Benz saloon or sport SLK.
    Play my worst game since my humble start in 2002, played and recorded by my marker a stunning return score 107
    Really respect those Division Champions will low scores.
    Next Year...... I BE BACK !!!

God Bless !!!

Leave a comment:

• Daytonalover
    replied
    good luck to ur upcoming golf trip.
    May ur tee able able to poke onto the hard ground...heehee

Leave a comment:

• Daytonalover
    replied
    haha, i didn't hit my ball onto ice that day...
    so...the winter golf rule didnt apply to me!

Leave a comment:

• UncleLau
    replied
    Winter Golf !

WHOA Bro ! Thanks for the photos ! Good Job ! You look good, correct and cool with that outfit That golf course and surrounding reminded me of a country side, a 4hrs drive from London. I was doing my work related training in UK and spends hours looking out and admiring the peace and beauty of nature. It so quiet and heavenly hehe Did you apply the Winter Rule in the golf book ...if you golf ball rest on snow you have a free lift not nearer the hole.
    My Old Boys Club kakis will drool on your photos and may plan a trip to Kuming in Feb. as it still cold there hehe
    Thanks again for your photos bro, take care and do spend alittle time to appreciate nature and thanks God.

" Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. " James 1:17

Leave a comment:

• Daytonalover
    replied
    As I promised, these are for u to drool...

Leave a comment:

• UncleLau
    replied
    Originally posted by a4checkmate View Post
    Wahooo..... Good job, we keep in touch on the Feb game. Just went to range last nite to tune my iron again. Hehe....
    Not too good job bro ! .....reason for my 3 golf kakis not speaking to me is because i double BOGEY that hole !!! Left 50m to green, pitch and land in sand trap. 2 to get out of sand, 2 putt to go in. They laugh untill they rolled on the green....next 3 holes they are still laughing......

Leave a comment:

• a4checkmate
    replied
    Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
    Oh Dear ! Please take care and see a Doctor.
    Sorry bro 13th can't join you as have a game with SGROC members at NSRCC Resort as we gearing ourself for 15th Jan. <President Trophy 2009> hehe
    Thanks for the offer bro !

Will be gathering kakis for 10th and 17th February for JB or Sembawang CC as some of the forum members may like to play SBCC before 23th Medal. Do get well and show again your 250m drives hehe

Last week i broke my record drives at Palmvilla as i whacked a near prefect drive, the ball went around 200m ++ hit the buggy track, bounce once and landed 50m to green of a short par 4 358m. hehehe everyone throw their driver on the tee box and refused to speak to me for 3 holes... hahah

Wahooo..... Good job, we keep in touch on the Feb game. Just went to range last nite to tune my iron again. Hehe....

Leave a comment:

• UncleLau
    replied
    February Social Games !

Hello everyone !!!

Planning a early golf for February social games, 10th and 17th morn. Venue JB course like Poresia, Starhill or Ponderosa. Singapore will be Sembawang CC as some of the SGROC members may like to play before 23th Medal.
    Please PM me and state which golf course you like to play and i see and arrange for everyone.

Good new ! May have a sponsor for the 23th Medal, not confirm yet. Please keep your finger cross hehe

God Bless !

Leave a comment:

• UncleLau
    replied
    Originally posted by Daytonalover View Post
    Haha...winter golf is really not fun at all...Wear thick clothings (which restrain from swinging), alot of accessories like beanie, kaoz!
    Played only 9 holes and nearly frozen to death...Hands all numb and can't grip the club well...haha...then left for lunch!
    I had a fren who volunteered to be our camera man, will upload the photos when i get my hands on it!
    Cheers...
    Hehe At least you have a chance to try it...a lot of us here i know my Old Boys Club are dying to try Winter Golf Well it a experience bro i bet when you post the photos i be drooling

Leave a comment:

• Daytonalover
    replied
    Haha...winter golf is really not fun at all...Wear thick clothings (which restrain from swinging), alot of accessories like beanie, kaoz!
    Played only 9 holes and nearly frozen to death...Hands all numb and can't grip the club well...haha...then left for lunch!
    I had a fren who volunteered to be our camera man, will upload the photos when i get my hands on it!
    Cheers...

Leave a comment:

• UncleLau
    replied
    Originally posted by a4checkmate View Post
    I just sprain my neck due to basketball This 20th Jan I think I cant make it. For the Feb event, I will confirm be joining you guys. This 13 Jan, Im planning for JB again at a later timing.
    Oh Dear ! Please take care and see a Doctor.
    Sorry bro 13th can't join you as have a game with SGROC members at NSRCC Resort as we gearing ourself for 15th Jan. <President Trophy 2009> hehe
    Thanks for the offer bro !

Will be gathering kakis for 10th and 17th February for JB or Sembawang CC as some of the forum members may like to play SBCC before 23th Medal. Do get well and show again your 250m drives hehe

Last week i broke my record drives at Palmvilla as i whacked a near prefect drive, the ball went around 200m ++ hit the buggy track, bounce once and landed 50m to green of a short par 4 358m. hehehe everyone throw their driver on the tee box and refused to speak to me for 3 holes... hahah

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X