No announcement yet.

an impromptu seiko gtg 29062013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just to note that the SRP 455 and 453 have longer strap (6o'çlock' side) compared to normal ones. hence those with a smaller wrist might not like the tail end showing.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      sg-roc gathering is not about just rolex watches, other brands owners and no watch owners can also join. we meet is for a common cause - horology. last night was once again i learn more about seiko and one member waited 4 years to finally pull the trigger for one the seiko. it is a long wait*IMHO* but i admire the member's patience and persistence to find the ''ultimate'' piece.
      I understand. I was half joking. When I organised the Helson gathering I also invited members without a Helson watch to join.

Having said that, I understand people go to a Rolex gtg without a Rolex watch because it is not a brand that everyone can easily afford. I also understand people don't have a micro brand watch cos it's not readily available but yet is interested to see the watches in a micro brand gathering. But Seiko is so affordable and so readily available, so everyone who attend a Seiko gtg should try to get a Seiko (or Orient) mah.

Just my very personal opinion, you guys don't have to agree with me. And don't flame me ah...
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

sometimes people yet to find the right seiko for themselves that is never buy. strange enough that you mentioned about micro brand, cause one member was interested in a micro brand and we were sort of discussing about it. maybe the next gathering theme should be micro brand.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
        Having said that, I understand people go to a Rolex gtg without a Rolex watch because it is not a brand that everyone can easily afford. I also understand people don't have a micro brand watch cos it's not readily available but yet is interested to see the watches in a micro brand gathering. But Seiko is so affordable and so readily available, so everyone who attend a Seiko gtg should try to get a Seiko (or Orient) mah.

Just my very personal opinion, you guys don't have to agree with me. And don't flame me ah...
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

sometimes people yet to find the right seiko for themselves that is never buy.
          Alright, understandable.

maybe the next gathering theme should be micro brand.
          Luckily I haven't sold away all my micro brand watches. Just don't sar bo me to organize...

Comment

aiya. u should know that even no micro brand also can attend the gathering forum organize, u very clever. know that i will seek your assistance in organizing. seriously, if you can organize, it will be great as this coming 2 months i quite busy and i got a forum project coming up on hand.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
            Luckily I haven't sold away all my micro brand watches. Just don't sar bo me to organize...

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

aiya. u should know that even no micro brand also can attend the gathering forum organize, u very clever. know that i will seek your assistance in organizing. seriously, if you can organize, it will be great as this coming 2 months i quite busy and i got a forum project coming up on hand.
              Haha, mai lah...I four years host one time like Olympic Ask for a volunteer lah...maybe a first-time organizer with fresh idea on location etc. I have someone in mind but don't want to sar bo him (so don't ask me who), haha...

Comment

Wow, I got seiko watch lei, why no invite? Hehehe. Next time got north side GTG must email me.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                  Wow, I got seiko watch lei, why no invite? Hehehe. Next time got north side GTG must email me.
                  I also have a seiko and at NE side. Wanna meet?
                  Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                  • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                  • Montre de MarQue
                  • Etoile D'Or
                  • Hotel Indonesia
                  • Glory Time
                  • The Watch-Collector
                  • Time Palace
                  • The Swiss Connection
                  • M Baker
                  • Maurice Lacroix
                  • Time Marques
                  • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
                    I also have a seiko and at NE side. Wanna meet?
                    Om Ten10, kadang kadang saya juga pakai Seiko di Jakarta, nanti kumpul kumpul di mal Cheetos yuk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
                      Om Ten10, kadang kadang saya juga pakai Seiko di Jakarta, nanti kumpul kumpul di mal Cheetos yuk.
                      Bisa dong, gue jarang di cheetos tapi selalu di Taman Angerek.
                      (Translation:- Sure, but I'm seldom at Cheetos (Mall) but always at Mall Taman Angerek)

Anyway, this was my favorite watch that night!
                      Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                      • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                      • Montre de MarQue
                      • Etoile D'Or
                      • Hotel Indonesia
                      • Glory Time
                      • The Watch-Collector
                      • Time Palace
                      • The Swiss Connection
                      • M Baker
                      • Maurice Lacroix
                      • Time Marques
                      • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
                        Bisa dong, gue jarang di cheetos tapi selalu di Taman Angerek.
                        (Translation:- Sure, but I'm seldom at Cheetos (Mall) but always at Mall Taman Angerek)

Anyway, this was my favorite watch that night!
                        Lu es-skated-boy ya? Cheetos lebih keren dong. Haha..
                        (Translation: are you ice-skated boy? Cheetos is more cool)

Anyway my seiko is not so cool, it's those ah pek-bracelet type.

Comment

Got a date in Aug already. Now must seek my CO for clearance to join. Hehehe. But would really like to learn how to repair winder. ; )
                          sigpic

Comment

this was an impromptu gtg getting seiko owners in sg-roc to come together

appreciate those who managed to turn up. i know some of you took some pictures so decision is let to you to share the shots you took.

appreciate members who brought some of their special pieces so that we can all share the joy of some of the rare models.

picture taken before dinner.

Nice gathering, is that a limited blue snow monster at the extreme right !? LOL !

Comment

it is what i called a special edition. not a limited edition

Originally posted by LEXONG View Post
                              Nice gathering, is that a limited blue snow monster at the extreme right !? LOL !

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Nice and unique special edition !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X