Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your reaction when someone smacked the BIG FAT bag onto your watch??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your reaction when someone smacked the BIG FAT bag onto your watch??

I have this bad experience while taking train to work one fine morning. As usual, the train is crowded. One 20+ lady dashed into the train while the train door is closing. Her BIG FAT big smacked right onto my watch!

I believe it is a natural reaction for me to take a look at my watch. Here comes the remark after she saw my reaction and probably my watch .... "if you want to take mrt then don't wear expensive watch lah ...". I didn't even open my mouth and I am expecting an apology from her, and yet she passed such remark?! OMG!

Any such experience? What would be your reaction(s)?

My reaction? I told her off. "Why you need to be bothered about what kind of watch I am wearing? You banged onto me and you just to apologise that's all. Is that so difficult young lady???!!!?". She feels paisay, kept quiet and tried to "hide away" but unfortunately there is no space for her to move so I starred hard on her throughout my journey.
    Just another small small small small watch user ....

Give it to her......young punk

Comment

excellent response

Comment

Cannot say anything better...

That said, be extremely careful if this happens to you - or anyone - in China. Walk away from any potential confrontation. People here are getting very cagey nowadays and can turn nasty at the slightest hint of provocation.

Comment

just happened to me during lunch time, a lady with LV bag with the zip across the glass. she just walk away without apology.

maybe i should have taken my watch and throw @ her
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Maybe we should maintain Zhou Enlai's posture - put our 'watch' hand across our abdomen - when we walk

Comment

I think I would check my watch too if I were in your situation regardless of the price of the watch. You handled the situation well, my remarks to her might be much nastier.

Comment

How I would react depends on if the girl is hot or not. I guess the one you encountered must be quite ugly...

Joke aside, I'm usually quite forgiving but would probably have done the same thing as you not because of the watch but what the gal said.
                Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

LOL and the best part is that if you knock onto their bags some will kpkb at you....
                  "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                    How I would react depends on if the girl is hot or not. I guess the one you encountered must be quite ugly...

Joke aside, I'm usually quite forgiving but would probably have done the same thing as you not because of the watch but what the gal said.
                    Not extremely hot type but relatively pretty but still the attitude sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricolore View Post
                      LOL and the best part is that if you knock onto their bags some will kpkb at you....
                      Agreed. I kena before as well. Sigh ...

Comment

Originally posted by ngokyc View Post
                        Not extremely hot type but relatively pretty but still the attitude sucks.
                        Oh like that ah, then approach could be different.

Comment

Kick her off at the next station
                          My collections, past & present:-

Tag Heuer 2000, 1989 Aug
                          Dunhill Automatic DC 3095, 1991 Dec, Sold
                          Swatch Aqua Chrono, 1995 Nov, Spoiled
                          Rolex Oyster Perpetual 68274, 1999 Jun, Sold
                          Tag Heuer Carrera CV2113-0, 2003 Apr
                          Swatch Quartz Precision SBK401A, 2003 Jun, Spoiled
                          Tag Heuer Carrera WAC1111, 2004 Dec, Sold
                          A.Lange & Sohne, Lange 1 101.030, 2006 Jan
                          Casio G-Shock DW 6900AC, 2013 Jun
                          Rolex Explorer 214270, 2013 Aug Sold
                          Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN, 2014 Jul

Comment

I felt you did the right thing and I fully understand why you did it. Maybe next time you can be more careful also. Sometimes it may be accidental but to us owners it can seem otherwise.

Comment

Sorry seems like a difficult word to say these days.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X