Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Water heater advice needed! : P

Hi bros,
    This might sound really strange but my Ariston water heater is going going gone, the joints are rusty and and drips of rusty water is leaking from the joints.
    Any expert bros in this area know if it can be salvaged or should I just go and get a replacement? And if so, how much should a decent water heater cost?
    I'll be going down to IMM tomorrow to check out a few shops but would appreciate some kind soul could tell me a ballpark figure so that I know if I'm going to kena 'chop carrot' price.

Thanks in advance!

Disclaimer: I care for my wife, parents, friends, students, dogs and watches better than I care for my water heater, so bros & sis can still buy from me with confidence : )
    Sweet 16:
    PP Aquanaut
    VC Overseas
    AP ROO Black Themes
    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
    Breguet Type XXI
    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    JLC Navy Seals
    GO Senator 60s
    GP Laureato
    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
    Rolex DSSD
    IWC Big Pilot
    Pam 112
    Omega Ploprof
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Glycine F104

707 one of the best and lasting water heater, you can try normal range or higher range. I am using 707 compact, normal range water heater. Recommendation 707 protek, try to ask expert advice for higher range. Good luck !

707 compact

707 protek

Comment

is your a storage tank?

else can consider joven as well. they have a model where you can up pressure slightly especially if water pressure is slightly lower when the time you want to shower as your neighbour wants to shower.

alt, you can pick my old heater(still working) FOC. self collect. reason i change is because joven can adjust slightly water pressure. better than previous one. joven is about 300

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
      Hi bros,
      This might sound really strange but my Ariston water heater is going going gone, the joints are rusty and and drips of rusty water is leaking from the joints.
      Any expert bros in this area know if it can be salvaged or should I just go and get a replacement? And if so, how much should a decent water heater cost?
      I'll be going down to IMM tomorrow to check out a few shops but would appreciate some kind soul could tell me a ballpark figure so that I know if I'm going to kena 'chop carrot' price.

Thanks in advance!

Disclaimer: I care for my wife, parents, friends, students, dogs and watches better than I care for my water heater, so bros & sis can still buy from me with confidence : )
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks Bro, I'll check this brand out when I go shop shop around tomorrow.

Originally posted by clocking View Post
        707 one of the best and lasting water heater, you can try normal range or higher range. I am using 707 compact, normal range water heater. Recommendation 707 protek, try to ask expert advice for higher range. Good luck !

707 compact

707 protek
        Sweet 16:
        PP Aquanaut
        VC Overseas
        AP ROO Black Themes
        A.Lange & Sohne 1815
        Breguet Type XXI
        Blancpain 50 Fathoms
        JLC Navy Seals
        GO Senator 60s
        GP Laureato
        Rolex DSSD
        IWC Big Pilot
        Pam 112
        Omega Ploprof
        Breitling Super Avenger
        Glycine F104

Comment

Hi bro Triton,
          Yes, mine is a storage tank type. I'll have a look at Joven as well and thanks for the offer on your old set. I'll consider too but paiseh ask further...will it be difficult to install it myself? I can do some basic handy work like any other chap but nothing too challenging lah. Alternatively, I can always pay a chap to get it done...
          When I've decided, I'll PM you if I want to collect your set lah, thanks thanks! : )

Originally posted by triton View Post
          is your a storage tank?

else can consider joven as well. they have a model where you can up pressure slightly especially if water pressure is slightly lower when the time you want to shower as your neighbour wants to shower.

alt, you can pick my old heater(still working) FOC. self collect. reason i change is because joven can adjust slightly water pressure. better than previous one. joven is about 300
          Sweet 16:
          PP Aquanaut
          VC Overseas
          AP ROO Black Themes
          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
          Breguet Type XXI
          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
          JLC Navy Seals
          GO Senator 60s
          GP Laureato
          Rolex DSSD
          IWC Big Pilot
          Pam 112
          Omega Ploprof
          Breitling Super Avenger
          Glycine F104

Comment

For instant water heater Joven is a good brand. Used it at my previous place for 6 years without any problem. My new place uses storage tank type but I don't know what brand...
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

to install instant water heater u need to know some basic electrical wiring. if from storage to instant you need also some drilling to mount instant heater. also instant heater uses more flexi hose while storage uses more fix tube for water in and out

Hi bro Triton,
              Yes, mine is a storage tank type. I'll have a look at Joven as well and thanks for the offer on your old set. I'll consider too but paiseh ask further...will it be difficult to install it myself? I can do some basic handy work like any other chap but nothing too challenging lah. Alternatively, I can always pay a chap to get it done...
              When I've decided, I'll PM you if I want to collect your set lah, thanks thanks! : )
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Wa you lucky bro, I found the warranty card for one of my current heaters installed 3 years ago - Rheem (model 85VP6S). It's 6 gallons the smallest capacity. Don't have the price but it was recommended to me by a reliable and qualified source. I was also told to get the smallest tank to save electricity unless you have many family members sharing the bathroom.

But hor, reading through your first post again, it's not clear whether it's the pipe/joints or the heater that are causing the problem. What do you mean by "joints"?
                Last edited by pegasi; 29-08-13, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Bro Triton,
                  Sounds like I'll probably electrocute myself doing it, hehe. I guess I'll just stick to the storage tank type for now as I need it for two bathrooms.

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  to install instant water heater u need to know some basic electrical wiring. if from storage to instant you need also some drilling to mount instant heater. also instant heater uses more flexi hose while storage uses more fix tube for water in and out
                  Sweet 16:
                  PP Aquanaut
                  VC Overseas
                  AP ROO Black Themes
                  A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                  Breguet Type XXI
                  Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                  JLC Navy Seals
                  GO Senator 60s
                  GP Laureato
                  Rolex DSSD
                  IWC Big Pilot
                  Pam 112
                  Omega Ploprof
                  Breitling Super Avenger
                  Glycine F104

Comment

Ah, thanks for digging out the warranty card bro. Yeah, Rheem seems to be quite famous and reliable, heard their radio ads.
                    Erm...the rusting occurs at the base of the storage tank and the connectors 'or joints' to the water supply. I've had it for like 8-9years so a change is pretty imminent....

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                    Wa you lucky bro, I found the warranty card for one of my current heaters installed 3 years ago - Rheem (model 85VP6S). It's 6 gallons the smallest capacity. Don't have the price but it was recommended to me by a reliable and qualified source. I was also told to get the smallest tank to save electricity unless you have many family members sharing the bathroom.

But hor, reading through your first post again, it's not clear whether it's the pipe/joints or the heater that are causing the problem. What do you mean by "joints"?
                    Sweet 16:
                    PP Aquanaut
                    VC Overseas
                    AP ROO Black Themes
                    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                    Breguet Type XXI
                    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                    JLC Navy Seals
                    GO Senator 60s
                    GP Laureato
                    Rolex DSSD
                    IWC Big Pilot
                    Pam 112
                    Omega Ploprof
                    Breitling Super Avenger
                    Glycine F104

Comment

Ah, thanks for digging out the warranty card bro. Yeah, Rheem seems to be quite famous and reliable, heard their radio ads.
                      Erm...the rusting occurs at the base of the storage tank and the connectors 'or joints' to the water supply. I've had it for like 8-9years so a change is pretty imminent....
                      Yup agree best is to change the heater in your case. I would think the dealer will cover the installation as well. I replaced mine at the same time as I did some minor renovations so don't remember the cost but don't think it was very expensive.

Might still have change if you trade in one of your cheaper pilots, haha!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X