Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a "correct" way of wearing a watch with a strap and tang buckle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a "correct" way of wearing a watch with a strap and tang buckle?

Well, I gotta admit that at first, I belonged to this group called "IDGAS" (I Don't Give A Sh*t) when it comes to where the position of my tang buckle should be, when I wear a leather strap watch.

However, after some time (some observations and small talks with fellow watch enthusiast), I realised that there are two positions in which the tang buckle should be when you strap a watch on your wrist.

Exhibit A: The buckle should be at the middle of your wrist.

Exhibit B: The buckle should be the the "edge" of your wrist.

What are your opinions? Where do you think the tang buckle should be? Or do you still belong to the IDGAS group?
    "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

no need to follow the traend or whatever that the tang buckle,deployment clasp or whatsoever needs to be,so wear what you feels comfortable with.

As i've seen ppl wearing watches till the watch dial is under the wrist and the clasp, buckle are on top of the wrist.
    累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Originally posted by Tricolore View Post
      Well, I gotta admit that at first, I belonged to this group called "IDGAS" (I Don't Give A Sh*t) when it comes to where the position of my tang buckle should be, when I wear a leather strap watch.

However, after some time (some observations and small talks with fellow watch enthusiast), I realised that there are two positions in which the tang buckle should be when you strap a watch on your wrist.

Exhibit A: The buckle should be at the middle of your wrist.

Exhibit B: The buckle should be the the "edge" of your wrist.

What are your opinions? Where do you think the tang buckle should be? Or do you still belong to the IDGAS group?
      you sure got some nails there, for me yes must be symmetrical so buckle has to sit at the center. I felt this position is the most comfortable, if it too much to one side, i felt the floating keeper hurting my wrist.

Comment

As long as it is comfortable on my wrist and sightly, it's IDGAS IDGAS IDGAS IDGAS IDGAS IDGAS IDGAS IDGAS IDGAS IDGAS IDGAS IDGAS IDGAS IDGAS .......... for me
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Nails are handy for releasing the bracelet clasps =p
          BTW I belong to the idgas group.
          elusive

Comment

For correct length of strap to watch to wrist, the buckle will naturally end up as per TS Exhibit A. Ie. in the middle.

For Exhibit B, that happens when the strap is too long. (Women usually face this issue when there wear men's Rolex on strap)

For the above instances, we are talking about standard 2piece straps and not one piece Natos.

Maximum comfort is achieved in Exhibit A

Cheers

Comment

As long as it feels comfortable and the watch head feels balanced.

Comment

my buckle must be at 3.14159 cm from the edge of my wrist.
                I don't need another watch.

Comment

Is there a "correct" way of eating bak chor mee ?

A - You pick aside the toppings, chomp down the spicy-tossed noodle first,
                  and eat the toppings with the remaining spicy sauce.

B - A mouth of mee, you will need to accompany it with a piece of topping (minced pork, pork slices, mushroom, crispy fish), hence to enhance the flavour.

Nay... me neither A nor B. I will just eat my mee whatever way i like/want. yummy!
                  Similar to the position on the strap buckle, whatever comfy for me, it will be in that whatever position lah.
                  在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

For me, as long as the buckle wears in the middle of my wrist is ok already.
                    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                      For me, as long as the buckle wears in the middle of my wrist is ok already.
                      Thats the best position lor.....

The length of strap is very important for the feel of balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Otar View Post
                        my buckle must be at 3.14159 cm from the edge of my wrist.
                        tilted to an angle of 27.25 degrees clockwise.... hehehehe!

Comment

Thanks all for your inputs! Looks like it doesn't matter after all

Originally posted by pkc
                          And what am I supposed to infer from this? Nimm n*b**, looks like some 2 dudes high on drugs, but no relevance to topic?
                          "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

I also "IDGAS" as long as it is not uncomfortable... I think it is highly depends on the length of the straps..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X