Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if this happen to you??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if this happen to you??

Recently While helping a friend to sell his watch,this thing happen to me.
    Got the watch sold within day but was also return within day.
    Reason:because is more than cosc tolerance of -4/+6,which he cannot accept.
    Mine was gaining +9sec,as he compare with his few month old Deepsea which
    he claim -/+1sec,btw my watch was 3years old,condition is very good,which I don't mind to keep.
    Nevertheless i do a full refund for him,and now the watch is mine(HAHAHAHA)cause I knew my
    Friend already use the money & upgrade to another watch,also a bit paisay to tell him.
    So,the question now,if u were me,what would u do???

your watch will run 4.5mins faster every month. if so 3 mths= 13.5mins. 12mths=1 yr =54mins = approx. 1 hr faster.......
    time to service.... = $500 to $1000... your choice if u want to keep it.
    There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

I wouldnt have refunded in the first place, that is the wrong way of measuring COSC tolerance.

The -4/+6 is the mean daily rate after 10 days of testing and not just a 24 hour cycle.
      Also since COSC testing is done in a controlled environment, it should not be an indicator of how well a watch should perform on the wrist.
      Last edited by mew; 21-09-13, 05:15 PM.

Comment

For me i don't really give a damn about all this cosc thing,a watch is a watch no big deal,
        Moreover he claim he's a watch freak so what can I say??

Comment

It sounds more like a case of buyer's remorse assuming he didn't suggest other methods of resolution before asking for a refund.

Comment

Actually it all started after collected the watch,when about to leave,
            he ask me about the cosc staff which I don't really understand,he
            Told me will do a timing himself..Sign...(whatever!!!),told him if something wrong
            with the watch will do full refund no problem,then come next day texted me
            Bad news watch not to cosc tolerance -4/+6 etc..etc..etc.

Comment

Wat watch is that? Is it cosc certified in the first place?
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Actually it started after collected the watch,when about to leave,
                Told me will do a timing himself..Sign...(whatever!!!),told him if something wrong
                Bad news watch not to cosc tolerance -4/+6 etc..etc..etc.so refunded LoL

Comment

to check whether the timing falls within COSC spec will have to verified by a timegrapher

http://112.120.68.55/store/images/MTG-1000.jpg

Originally posted by 1313 View Post
                  Actually it started after collected the watch,when about to leave,
                  Bad news watch not to cosc tolerance -4/+6 etc..etc..etc.so refunded LoL
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

People who is so particular abt cosc should buy a new watch. There is a reason why preowned watch is cheaper than BN.

Comment

I wouldn't refund, expecting a used watch to run within COSC tolerances is a little too much? Too many variables involved. I would have offered to pay for sending the watch to a watch maker for regulation..

Comment

People who is so particular abt cosc should buy a new watch. There is a reason why preowned watch is cheaper than BN.Totally agreed with you Alex,was wonder why in the first place buy preowned
                        when you expect it to perform like brand new.how to right???

Comment

My sub is gaining about 5 minutes / 3 weeks. Another non-cosc watch (Bvlgari) is gaining 2 minutes / month. Does it matter? No.

Comment

send the watch for servicing lor. . .

Comment

it's understood when u sell a preowned, timing is not guaranteed. Servicing costs should be factored in. Unless u guarantee it runs very well but turns out otherwise in the buyer's hands.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X