Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any stock brokers/ dealers/ remisiers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any views on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Seems like a good time to invest (INVEST WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO HOLD OR LOSE) saw huge volumes of transaction but price seem flat.

Property is a catalysts for recovery but it dont seem to be the case here.

Comment

yes... recover sure recover... but in one month or two? I don't think so... consumer confident level is still low... people still don't believe in financial products... just take for an example, if I slap you on your face really hard out of a sudden, you also blur for awhile and even if I treat you nicely after that, you also don't fully trust me, who knows I slap you again....

Originally posted by sportee View Post
      recover or not... seriuosly i dunno... but there are positive signs...

where the money come from? The state government, th US government has a habit of printing money everytime. The innocent party will be the US citizens themselves. Anyway, they have a habit of borrowing themselves out of trouble for the past 100 years.

Statistics wise, there is always a recovery, 100%... The world had never stop recovering from disasters, be it economic or natural or wars...

End of the day, always tell my friends, recovery or not, still got to live, and live happily.... cannot change anything out there, but we can change how we feel...

Comment

By the time all good datas are out and confirm recovery its way too late to buy.
        Those with holding power sure win. Play shares is always taking risk if you can't afford to lose my advice is don't play.
        Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
        Rolex LV submariner
        Rolex TT black submariner
        Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
        Rolex Non date submariner
        Rolex Explorer2
        More...

Comment

Correct! Buy stock only if you have extra $$$... I have gained quite an amount of $$$ since Nov... only recently I lost $3k+ on some stupid rumours about a stupid company. If I didn't sell the stock, now I could have make some $$$ again....

Originally posted by teo View Post
          By the time all good datas are out and confirm recovery its way too late to buy.
          Those with holding power sure win. Play shares is always taking risk if you can't afford to lose my advice is don't play.

Comment

my experience is that this mkt, can give you 10k in a month, will take back 20k the very next month...

Comment

rumours are for the bull mkt... in bears, don listen to rumours... yes.. only invest what you have.. extra i mean.. playing stocks is like lending money, don expect to get any return.

Comment

ha ha.... you're right.... playing stocks are like lending money... nowadays no more AAA or bluechips like that...

Originally posted by sportee View Post
                rumours are for the bull mkt... in bears, don listen to rumours... yes.. only invest what you have.. extra i mean.. playing stocks is like lending money, don expect to get any return.

Comment

Citigroup once US$50 plus, now.... US$3 plus. Las Vegas sands, 2 years ago nearly US$150, today, only US$3..

Hahah, worse than our penny stocks here... i hve come to learn, anything is possible in the stock mkt, never say never.

Comment

so buy now, and 5yrs later sell?
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

only way to make money in stocks is buy and hold... but hopefully u buy in at a low price. For contra trades, honestly, in my 8 years, never seen anyone make money...

Comment

Hello market-gurus !

Any views? (General)

On:

China FTSE/Xinhua vs US S&P Dow Jones
                        - for the next 5years.

Add Russia market as well

Rate of growth, recovery, bottoms-ings and ?tops?

My views

How does your portfolio looks like?

Comment

Maybe there is one place you can go to find out the answer... temple... ha ha.... joking...

which one will outperform which one, I don't know... my advise is US market is risky, China market is risker than US and Russia is the "riskest" among the three.... so theorically, more risk more gain.... but the world has changed... now you can buy a bluechip also very risky and also can get very high gain... just look at citigroup...

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                          Hello market-gurus !

Any views? (General)

On:

China FTSE/Xinhua vs US S&P Dow Jones
                          - for the next 5years.

Add Russia market as well

Rate of growth, recovery, bottoms-ings and ?tops?

My views

How does your portfolio looks like?

Comment

The difference bet the mkts that you mentioned:

Russia and China: Developing mkts
                            US: Developed mkt

Beta, which is used to measure the volatility of the mkt, is high for the chinese and russian mkt. Higher than that of the US. That is the reason why the risks is higher.

Some factors in developing economies:

1. government policies that are not pro investors
                            2. transparency of the mkts and the government
                            3. the quality of the companies listed

end of the day, the saying, the higher the risks the better the returns is true. Though the russian and chinese mkts are much more riskier, the returns, if any, is most of the time going to be better. However, its a double edged sword, the loss can also be greater for the russian and chinese mkts.

I would say that the chinese mkt is still better than the russian as the government is slowly opening up. As for the russian, i guess u know what is happening....

Comment

I had a few visions (US) while at the temple.

"Obama has a hat a size bigger then his head"
                              "Another pithole(s) on the way"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              These are just my takes.
                              China market will outperform US market in the next five years.

1. China government will do their utmost effort/means to perform better then US.
                              - Speeches made by China seems to be provoking US and challenging them, trying to make US look bad - losing her Status as a super-country and the leader in whatever..... (China govenement sibei love face and I strongly believe in their ability)

2. Hope that China government and their market policies etc will become more transaprent. It seems thats what they are going/have to do.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway I cashed my stocks before the crash. Now I am looking at long-term investments. 5-10yrs. Low-med Risk. Hold n Wait.

What you guys think? ETFs sounds good?

40% into US 40% into China 20% into Gut feeling

Stocks (Singapore)
                              Anybody got very strong feeling on anything? smrt? m1? dbs?

Anyway I dont work in the financial sector nor a active trader. I usually wait-wait-wait-buy-wait-wait-wait-sell.

I get a rush when I make money from the market. I rush to my AD when I see the monnies I made.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                                I had a few visions (US) while at the temple.

"Obama has a hat a size bigger then his head"
                                "Another pithole(s) on the way"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                These are just my takes.
                                China market will outperform US market in the next five years.

1. China government will do their utmost effort/means to perform better then US.
                                - Speeches made by China seems to be provoking US and challenging them, trying to make US look bad - losing her Status as a super-country and the leader in whatever..... (China govenement sibei love face and I strongly believe in their ability)

2. Hope that China government and their market policies etc will become more transaprent. It seems thats what they are going/have to do.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway I cashed my stocks before the crash. Now I am looking at long-term investments. 5-10yrs. Low-med Risk. Hold n Wait.

What you guys think? ETFs sounds good?

40% into US 40% into China 20% into Gut feeling

Stocks (Singapore)
                                Anybody got very strong feeling on anything? smrt? m1? dbs?

Anyway I dont work in the financial sector nor a active trader. I usually wait-wait-wait-buy-wait-wait-wait-sell.

I get a rush when I make money from the market. I rush to my AD when I see the monnies I made.
                                Hi, great to know that you cash out your stocks before the crash... whats the return that you got in terms of percentage?

If we are taking the US as the main index for the world, China will definitely outperform the US market. Cos they are positively correlated, and the beta of the Chinese mkt is higher. Example, chinese mkt has a beta of 2X, that will means that if US increase 10%, china will increase by 20%. The betas can be gotten of the bloomberg terminal and it is based on a scientific calculation of the 2 mkts over a period of time. So if US perform, then china will also perform, even more. The difference bet them is the state of the economy that both countries are in. They are not comparable in a sense. US is an devloped economy and China is a developing economy. for example, think of the economy as a cup, US is already 80% filled with water whereas the china mkt is only 20% filled. Potential wise, china got a better potential. But china will only be filled up when the US cup is full and overflowing.

The GDP of the US is 60 to 70% domestic driven, china, just like singapore is export driven. So if the US stopped using and spending, where can the chinese goods be exported to?

Look at this crisis for example, the problem did not started here in Asia and we are feeling the downturn as hard. Its because the export to US and the EU had reduced substantailly over the last couple of months. Unless the US and the EU, the largest consumer mkt in the world today is going to start spending again, our state of the economy will still be in the doldrums.

Many had said about the decoupling effect of the asian economies. Don really think so with the figures reflecting that less than 10% of the GDP of china is domestic. What about their per capita income? Doesn't support the decoupling theory as well. The americans are making much more $$$ than the chinese.

Hope the above helps.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X