Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Rude can a Dealer be! is this a normal conversation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Rude can a Dealer be! is this a normal conversation?

Hi Bros,

Want to share this interesting exchange with a local dealer.I am very sure most of you have dealt with him and pl. guess the name :-)
    I was surfing around looking for something interesting. Came across thie website and liked two watches. Located the number and called. Here is how the conversation went :-

RING RING

dealer :"hello xy**** Watch x***"
    Me: Hi, I am interested in two of your watches one is a GREEN Tudor and the other one is an Universal geneve"
    dealer: Haha
    Me: Ok, I would like to view the watch and deal. I would just like to ask if you consider trade in too for these watches
    dealer: Sir, you see we do straight sales, decisions on trade ins are at the sole descration of the management. It would also depend on the brand that you bring in and in what condition that watch is . Based on this management reserves the right to either consider the watch or not consider the watch. You have to present the watch before MANAGAMENT and then they will take further decision. Hence you will have to bring in your watch with all the box and papers for viewing by MANAGEMENT
    Me: Thank you !
    Dealer: THANK YOU!!!

Now, most of what he said was correct , but what turned me off was the tonality...for a minute i felt I was talking to a Lawyer......and what was this reference to MANAGEMENT??? he never asked me what brand i bring in ..when can i meet etc. etc. I have dealt with rude ones before but this one takes the cake !!

end result despite being in full mood...I decided not to go to that shop . I would rather wait and see if something more interesting comes in ....and hope this time around i bump into someone more friendly

I dun see anything wrong but maybe a bit arrogant. I seen worse in some grey dealers with shops. Look down on you like u can't afford anything in their shop and serve unwillingly and answer curtly. Needless to say they dun get my sales.
    Current babies:
    Sub 16610LN D series
    PAM 312 M series
    IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
    116613LB?
    a good White dial watch

Comment

Nothing wrong 2 me either...

Relax...dun take it so personal lor...take it as if its jus an automatd call system...

Cheers...

Comment

I thought its fine too. Maybe he's reading from a script ..lol

Comment

Bros

Its all about eagerness to do business and to understand what the other person wants!a few questions and maybe a cordial tone of voice would have helped.I know why I now love this forum and love a few good dealers like Bro Alvin from Monster Watches ,bro Russel from HJ OR Johnson from Chronoexchange

Today, I was sharing my experience with one of the bros I met at a shop in Far East Plaza...lo and Behold..he mentioned that even he has experienced it...but again its a choice the dealer has to make. May be he was having a rough day...just maybe

Comment

Nothing wrong, biz like that all

Comment

first i like to thank you for loving this forum and having a good experience with one of the forum advertisers here.

as mentioned before, different people will have different contrasting experiences with same dealers.

Originally posted by amitabh View Post
              Bros

Its all about eagerness to do business and to understand what the other person wants!a few questions and maybe a cordial tone of voice would have helped.I know why I now love this forum and love a few good dealers like Bro Alvin from Monster Watches ,bro Russel from HJ OR Johnson from Chronoexchange

Today, I was sharing my experience with one of the bros I met at a shop in Far East Plaza...lo and Behold..he mentioned that even he has experienced it...but again its a choice the dealer has to make. May be he was having a rough day...just maybe
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

not party to the call, so no comments if dealer was really rude.
                however, bottom-line is, rightly or wrongly, if you think dealer's attitude stinks, just boycott. it's your monies, you decide how you want to spend it.
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

Hi Bros,

Want to share this interesting exchange with a local dealer.I am very sure most of you have dealt with him and pl. guess the name :-)
                  I was surfing around looking for something interesting. Came across thie website and liked two watches. Located the number and called. Here is how the conversation went :-

RING RING

Me: Hi, I am interested in two of your watches one is a GREEN Tudor and the other one is an Universal geneve"
                  Me: Ok, I would like to view the watch and deal. I would just like to ask if you consider trade in too for these watches
                  dealer: Sir, you see we do straight sales, decisions on trade ins are at the sole descration of the management. It would also depend on the brand that you bring in and in what condition that watch is . Based on this management reserves the right to either consider the watch or not consider the watch. You have to present the watch before MANAGAMENT and then they will take further decision. Hence you will have to bring in your watch with all the box and papers for viewing by MANAGEMENT

Now, most of what he said was correct , but what turned me off was the tonality...for a minute i felt I was talking to a Lawyer......and what was this reference to MANAGEMENT??? he never asked me what brand i bring in ..when can i meet etc. etc. I have dealt with rude ones before but this one takes the cake !!

end result despite being in full mood...I decided not to go to that shop . I would rather wait and see if something more interesting comes in ....and hope this time around i bump into someone more friendly
                  Sir! I reading the statements nothing sounds rude to me. I will like to understand in which sentence dealer sound rude to you. From my understanding the rest of the statements sounds polite to me. What really dealer said until sound rude to you, Tone of voice?, he never asked trade in what brand ?, present the watch before MANAGAMENT will take further decision?. Please advice, before I throw up my point of views...

Comment

Me and my brother have faced even worse treatment face/face from 2nd hand dealer at Funan. Personally i think your dealer is just very business minded. Nothing wrong, not a lot of people like those "bro-bro" crap.

What I have learnt is, not happy with his/her service. Don't let them earn your money lor. Smile and life goes on.

Comment

Like what the others mentioned, i find the dealer's choice of words 'okay', though not exactly in the ballpark of warm. Well, take comfort in the fact that at least this shop has its own system, and management involved in discerning goods they take in.

Rather deal with these kinda shops then those who smile and small chat, but just a cover for lousy service standard. Well at least in HK, smiling too much in biz could mean out to cheat..that's what i heard, not sure how true that culture is.

Comment

Guess the dealer started of with a "haha" and you may felt "insulted". A bad beginning will lead to a bad experience . I have encountered with an overseas AD when i inquired if there is any discount for a daytona . He replied "are you nuts, there were no discount for daytona". I felt embarrassed in the store but I stayed on and chat with him.

Hi Bros,

RING RING

Comment

Hi Bro Visvim

did you say Funan ? This cannot be a coincidence ...The dealer I am had a dialogue with is based there only!!

Originally posted by visvim View Post
                          Me and my brother have faced even worse treatment face/face from 2nd hand dealer at Funan. Personally i think your dealer is just very business minded. Nothing wrong, not a lot of people like those "bro-bro" crap.

What I have learnt is, not happy with his/her service. Don't let them earn your money lor. Smile and life goes on.

Comment

RING RING

you: Hi, I am interested in two of your watches one is a GREEN Tudor and the other one is an Universal geneve"

dealer: Haha.... This is a sign, I am listening what you have in mind , buyers, sellers, dealers, we using words in a sentence jokes..

You: Ok, I would like to view the watch and deal. I would just like to ask if you consider trade in too for these watches

dealer: Sir, you see we do straight sales, decisions on trade ins are at the sole descration of the management. It would also depend on the brand that you bring in and in what condition that watch is . Based on this management reserves the right to either consider the watch or not consider the watch. You have to present the watch before MANAGAMENT and then they will take further decision. Hence you will have to bring in your watch with all the box and papers for viewing by MANAGEMENT.. Dealer prefer straight sales, trade are welcome depend on the brand that you bring & condition.

You: Thank you !

Now, most of what he said was correct , but what turned me off was the tonality...for a minute i felt I was talking to a Lawyer......and what was this reference to MANAGEMENT??? he never asked me what brand i bring in ..when can i meet etc. etc. I have dealt with rude ones before but this one takes the cake !!... You get it all wrong, MANAGEMENT can be use in all services industries professionally, like my boss or can be my business partner. You like to know why that dealer did not asked you what brand you bring in, he did not want to sounds rude and you are welcome..

end result despite being in full mood...I decided not to go to that shop . I would rather wait and see if something more interesting comes in ....and hope this time around i bump into someone more friendly.. You too fast judging people by single called, the dealer did greeted you Sir.

Sir Amitabh. Please don't mix your single issue and others issues, totally wrong idea. Why not judging by walk in not by speculated reply, you never know by bring in the set that you like to trade and watch that you like to get, you might get awesome deal.

Our life is beautiful if we willing to give way. Is easy to judging others wrong but judging ourselves wrong, I have to swallow my pride..

Comment

Summary. My bro wanted to buy a 2nd hand limited edition (forgot the brand but was in the $2k+) watch from this place. Paid but upon slightly closer inspection, realised the dial is dirty and asked them if anything can be done. Sales guy tried to clean but the lady boss was super sarcastic, saying stuffs among the lines of "only 2k watch" "it's like that one" etc. Facing all the insults taken, we demanded a refund. Took our money and swore off that place. Pardon my language, but that is a **** place whom i will never ever recommend anyone to patronise and i sincerely hope they go bankrupt.

Ironically, the salesguy murmured to my brother that his ladyboss dunno how to do business. It's that shop 2nd level near kimage if i'm not wrong. Avoid at all cost even if the watch you want is 1k cheaper there.

Hi Bro Visvim

did you say Funan ? This cannot be a coincidence ...The dealer I am had a dialogue with is based there only!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X