Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watchlim's vintage store? Anyone got a review to share?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watchlim's vintage store? Anyone got a review to share?

Hello,

came across http://watchlim.blogspot.sg WatchLim's Vintage Store. It apparently has a JB store front and an online store. Lots of cool stuff at the website and they deliver via fedex...

Anyone dealt with this place before got a review to share? Can trust? Can buy from them?

Thanks.

1. it has a link that says references and procedures. it only shows that the seller is possibly shipping the particular watch. most of the watches on display are not the current models. no references from customers at all.
    2. notice the images of the declaration form of value of watches, it is way below the market value for some. it also clearly states that if items are stolen after delivery, they will only discuss the problem with you. in other words, you are on your own, mate.
    3. notice the images that the seller does not even hide the address of the buyer.
    4. it only says they are located in JB, malaysia, it does not indicate where their business address is.

based on the 4 points raise, i wont even consider buying from this seller because there are no real people references. references are used as a guide, in this case, there is none. so i dont trust. by declaring such a low value, if anything happens to the watch before it reaches buyer, buyer can only claim what is declared. is it worth the risk that you paid say 1000 and only claim the declared value which could be less than 20% of buyer's paid price? there is no privacy of the buyer because address is shown. if the seller is legal, i see no reason why they cannot state their operating address.

as said before, if it is too good to be true, it probably is.

Originally posted by Motomarc View Post
    Hello,

came across http://watchlim.blogspot.sg WatchLim's Vintage Store. It apparently has a JB store front and an online store. Lots of cool stuff at the website and they deliver via fedex...

Anyone dealt with this place before got a review to share? Can trust? Can buy from them?

Thanks.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Wow....
      you indeed are "the boss", your analysis is so clear and simple. For that, I shall take your advice and look elsewhere... Thanks!

Originally posted by triton View Post
      1. it has a link that says references and procedures. it only shows that the seller is possibly shipping the particular watch. most of the watches on display are not the current models. no references from customers at all.
      2. notice the images of the declaration form of value of watches, it is way below the market value for some. it also clearly states that if items are stolen after delivery, they will only discuss the problem with you. in other words, you are on your own, mate.
      3. notice the images that the seller does not even hide the address of the buyer.
      4. it only says they are located in JB, malaysia, it does not indicate where their business address is.

based on the 4 points raise, i wont even consider buying from this seller because there are no real people references. references are used as a guide, in this case, there is none. so i dont trust. by declaring such a low value, if anything happens to the watch before it reaches buyer, buyer can only claim what is declared. is it worth the risk that you paid say 1000 and only claim the declared value which could be less than 20% of buyer's paid price? there is no privacy of the buyer because address is shown. if the seller is legal, i see no reason why they cannot state their operating address.

as said before, if it is too good to be true, it probably is.

Comment

purchased 2 watches from them before.
        Both watch are low end ones Seiko 5 diver & Seiko 5 Sports.
        Delivery very prompt. received my watch 2-3 working days after their tracking number comes in.
        They have a physical shop in JB itself, i visited them before.
        Before purchasing of any watch, you can request to open the back piece.
        But i do not think you could request to strip the watch for verification.

1. buy at your own risk.
        2. only buy high end watch by visiting them.

reviews are in my opinion only.
        deal with ronnie on both purchased.

Comment

Got a vintage omega from them before. Send to check whether is original and came out to be real. Will get some more from them.

Comment

For few hundred bucks deal, can consider. Other than that, will not wanna risk my money, unless i had dealt face-to-face with the business owner and found the shop to be reputable and selling authentic stuff.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X