Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which watch you keep the longest or shortest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys... OT abit... Bro Nooch... never have a chance to really know you.. though i intro myself the last time before I left (at vivo.)... hope to see you again.. cheers....

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
      Sorry guys... OT abit... Bro Nooch... never have a chance to really know you.. though i intro myself the last time before I left (at vivo.)... hope to see you again.. cheers....
      Yes i remember u, nice to meet you bro. definitely will have time to see you as well.
      "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        with respect to the thread title it is eh.......

shortest time is probably 3 months. it is still with me lah.

anyway most of you will know i dont buy and sell watch.
        hmm...maybe my title not appropriate hor? shld change it to how many pple here had quick buying and selling experience? much better title...hahaaha...what's i thinking??
        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
        Audemars Piguet ROO
        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
        Panerai 270
        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
        Rolex 116610LV
        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Back to the topic... my shortest "life-span" watch was my Ebel and Baume & Mercier, both 2 years.... I left my Ebel watch at tennis court... so sad... For B&M, water went into watch, couldn't fixed...

I still have my other watches with me... oldest one is my Cartier watch... let me see, 22 years-old loh...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
            hmm...maybe my title not appropriate hor? shld change it to how many pple here had quick buying and selling experience? much better title...hahaaha...what's i thinking??

Thanks bro james. What will u thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
              u buy and buy.....then buy and buy....then buy and buy again. and then buy buy buy....infinity.
              That's funny remind me of someone i know

I cannot remember the shortest time liao
              But my longest is my first automatic given to me by my dad and the most sendimental is my first birthday gift by my wife (then gf) and my current favourite......my GMT2C!
              St Augustine "The present of things past is memory, the present of things present is sight, and the present of things future is expectation."

Comment

Thanks Nooch.. I guess we both know that we have the upmost respect for one another.... By the way, when I say KACHAO, it is not termed like I am CRITICISING you or despise you like how my statement is being distorted.. Cause I know the time pieces you are after
                If at any point you did feel I did pass an malicious remark, I do apologise and you know I don't have any intend of that sort...
                Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                Ppl its ok. no offense taken. Sam, I sell cos I bought on impulse, now needed $ so I sell it. Anyway watch SOLD liaoz.. Peace all!!
                Kafvyn and LimTH, first and foremost, James PM me before I read your statements, to mediate things. Fine I understand what he is trying to say
                2ndly, know the background before trying to be a big brother lah...
                Nooch and myself met at the last anniversary, had a fanatastic nite knowing fellow members over buffet, beer and cig. A time where you guys were not even in sight yet. That outing alone forge respect among members who were present at a different level. I know I have the upmost respect for Nooch, even though we do have our different views during the Olympic on Singapore players being China imports.. but we still respect each other.

Its the same respect you guys have for Nooch due to your recent meetings and try to be protective of him... HOwever, my statement did not criticise, not put him down, I believe Nooch knows that. BUT I will still take the liberty to apologise if he misconstrue my statement because of the both of you.

Kafvyn, I have no faint idea how did you put the two and two into one.
                Its clear and simple. I won't take offence because with words in a digital world can be misinterpreted.. When I stated "Wana kachao N, I was rather surprise he bought it at the sale and had the feeling it would be sold off soon hahaha. " its because I know that Nooch was never a hardcore fan of Glycine. Not bcos of the situation he is in. Not putting him down of any sort.

Yes impulsive purchase is the order of James thread and I replied exactly to that. I too made an impulsive purchase! SO how can I be laughing at others?? Why should I be putting Nooch down? I hope you are clear with where I was coming from with my post.
                Originally posted by kafvyn View Post
                Bro, no offence. why wana kachao N? pple buy and sell all the time, whatever u call it impulsive or not, it is their decision. Please be more sensitive to others, whether it is $500 or $5000.
                LimTH,
                If you read my post correctly, I used the word "impulse purchase" on James, cos I know him at a different level from you two to know things to make that kind of statement. It was NEVER targetted on Nooch nor did I use that term on him.
                I reiterate, when I stated "Wana kachao N, I was rather surprise he bought it at the sale and had the feeling it would be sold off soon hahaha. " its because I know that Nooch was never a hardcore fan of Glycine.
                Its totally irrelevant on what you are saying. Whether I take up an offer or not, I don't see why this is being brought into the picture.
                "If Impulse Buyer were to really offer to you, are you really able to take up the offer, or try a Low Low Ball???"
                By your remark
                "Life must have been very empty.....No Contentment!!!
                Sad Case...May you find peace in yourself soon."
                You are hitting out more than you can swallow. Its a personal attack and because I have Christ in my life, I will find peace in forgiving you.

Originally posted by LimTH View Post
                On one hand wanna benefit from other's impulse buy.
                The other hand, wanna Kachao someone else!!!
                If Impulse Buyer were to really offer to you, are you really able to take up the offer, or try a Low Low Ball???
                Life must have been very empty.....No Contentment!!!
                Sad Case...May you find peace in yourself soon.
                James, sorry, I have to reply to make myself clear, else I am being branded as "insensitive" for nothing. I hate it when ppl twist words to forge war in forums!!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                  Thanks Nooch.. I guess we both know that we have the upmost respect for one another.... By the way, when I say KACHAO, it is not termed like I am CRITICISING you or despise you like how my statement is being distorted.. Cause I know the time pieces you are after
                  If at any point you did feel I did pass an malicious remark, I do apologise and you know I don't have any intend of that sort...

Kafvyn and LimTH, first and foremost, James PM me before I read your statements, to mediate things. Fine I understand what he is trying to say
                  2ndly, know the background before trying to be a big brother lah...
                  Nooch and myself met at the last anniversary, had a fanatastic nite knowing fellow members over buffet, beer and cig. A time where you guys were not even in sight yet. That outing alone forge respect among members who were present at a different level. I know I have the upmost respect for Nooch, even though we do have our different views during the Olympic on Singapore players being China imports.. but we still respect each other.

Its the same respect you guys have for Nooch due to your recent meetings and try to be protective of him... HOwever, my statement did not criticise, not put him down, I believe Nooch knows that. BUT I will still take the liberty to apologise if he misconstrue my statement because of the both of you.

Kafvyn, I have no faint idea how did you put the two and two into one.
                  Its clear and simple. I won't take offence because with words in a digital world can be misinterpreted.. When I stated "Wana kachao N, I was rather surprise he bought it at the sale and had the feeling it would be sold off soon hahaha. " its because I know that Nooch was never a hardcore fan of Glycine. Not bcos of the situation he is in. Not putting him down of any sort.

Yes impulsive purchase is the order of James thread and I replied exactly to that. I too made an impulsive purchase! SO how can I be laughing at others?? Why should I be putting Nooch down? I hope you are clear with where I was coming from with my post.

LimTH,
                  If you read my post correctly, I used the word "impulse purchase" on James, cos I know him at a different level from you two to know things to make that kind of statement. It was NEVER targetted on Nooch nor did I use that term on him.
                  I reiterate, when I stated "Wana kachao N, I was rather surprise he bought it at the sale and had the feeling it would be sold off soon hahaha. " its because I know that Nooch was never a hardcore fan of Glycine.
                  Its totally irrelevant on what you are saying. Whether I take up an offer or not, I don't see why this is being brought into the picture.
                  "If Impulse Buyer were to really offer to you, are you really able to take up the offer, or try a Low Low Ball???"
                  By your remark
                  "Life must have been very empty.....No Contentment!!!
                  Sad Case...May you find peace in yourself soon."
                  You are hitting out more than you can swallow. Its a personal attack and because I have Christ in my life, I will find peace in forgiving you.

James, sorry, I have to reply to make myself clear, else I am being branded as "insensitive" for nothing. I hate it when ppl twist words to forge war in forums!!!
                  well all cleared up so can move on liao lor..hahahaaa
                  I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                  A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                  De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV
                  Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

James, I still waiting in queue when you flip yr watches hor..you know which pieces...

Actually, I just remembered another watch I flipped last year... The SUB, after 5mths I think...
                    Mistake... hahah

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                    - GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Well Written

Dear JS,

Well written explanation.
                      God Bless All At home.
                      A Crown For Every Achievement.

Comment

We have ppl from all walks of life in the forum. There are no perfect person that exist. I agree that in virtual world, we cannot trust what is pen down totally. With that said, it is through actual face to face meetings that we get to know each other better.

I do not think anyone participating in this forum likes to create enemies. We are here for our passions, meet new friends, learn new things etc. Its a platform created for that purpose i believe.

However, i do notice there are certain times that some unncessary comments in sales thread could be kept to oneself. We gives the due respect to all the folks like what we expect in return.

Let's keep this community as friendly as it can be.

Comment

u also mah......but hor i think you very hiong leh. how many watches u acquired for the last 6 months?

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                          u buy and buy.....then buy and buy....then buy and buy again. and then buy buy buy....infinity.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Please stop comparing how you all are .
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Democritus View Post
                              Shortest is 2 days....It was a Sub LV. Bought it for a weekend dinner to wear. Wore it and look in the mirror and wonder why I would buy a green watch. Next day, used it to trade for a IWC.

Wore for 3 mins and lost $300 bucks.

But, if I had not sold it, would have lost another 2K more on this watch by now.
                              Just 2 days? Green watch so bad meh??

Me just went to AD to try on it last nite and plan to get it in future. Hahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
                                Just 2 days? Green watch so bad meh??

Me just went to AD to try on it last nite and plan to get it in future. Hahaha...
                                It looks nice but when I wear it on the wrist and ready to go out....something seems not right. Not the watch problem but me.

Then at HK airport saw 2 ladies wearing it and I smiled. Personal taste issue. I am sticking to black and pepsi.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X