Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you want to buy this particular watch, but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you want to buy this particular watch, but.....

how many times have you been caught in this situation where you want to buy a watch, but before getting the watch, another piece caught your eye and you went for the latter.......

do you think it is better to 'save' the money and get the original target or spend it on something that happens to capture your fancy enroute you purchasing the watch you eyeing.....

do you still buy the original target piece despite purchasing one that caught your fancy?

personally i have not been caught in this sitaution cause most of the time i tell myself i have to stay focus.

any comments?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

triton, do you have a formula or something to stay sooo focus?? Must share with us...

It is interesting that you started this thread... remember I was eyeing on Cartier Santos XL Chrono or SubLV? I was hunting for one of those until I saw this FM on sale here by one of the bros.... can't tahan, bought it... now battery flat again need to be recharged again.... but this time I want to stay focus like you.... keep telling myself no more rubbish dress watch like the FM I bought (but preowned price ok lah, brand new I think still not so worth....), so I got over the Cartier, target on only a SubLV or Daytona White or PAM233.... all depends on how well my stocks perform....

Originally posted by triton View Post
    how many times have you been caught in this situation where you want to buy a watch, but before getting the watch, another piece caught your eye and you went for the latter.......

do you think it is better to 'save' the money and get the original target or spend it on something that happens to capture your fancy enroute you purchasing the watch you eyeing.....

do you still buy the original target piece despite purchasing one that caught your fancy?

personally i have not been caught in this sitaution cause most of the time i tell myself i have to stay focus.

any comments?

Comment

Hmmmm... leaves alot to ponder....

Personally, the secondary piece has to be something I really like too... (not sure how do I define this... but just the feel, I guess)......So if price wise is something I can afford right then... why not... Of course, this will mean a longer wait for your primary piece.....

After reading what I type above... not too sure if I make any sense at all ... anyway, ultimately for me.. it always about can i afford it... and if I like it...

Make any sense to anyone???

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        triton, do you have a formula or something to stay sooo focus?? Must share with us...

It is interesting that you started this thread... remember I was eyeing on Cartier Santos XL Chrono or SubLV? I was hunting for one of those until I saw this FM on sale here by one of the bros.... can't tahan, bought it... now battery flat again need to be recharged again.... but this time I want to stay focus like you.... keep telling myself no more rubbish dress watch like the FM I bought (but preowned price ok lah, brand new I think still not so worth....), so I got over the Cartier, target on only a SubLV or Daytona White or PAM233.... all depends on how well my stocks perform....
        Haha bro... yr "tahan-ness" really not very good.... but then again... if it's a good buy.... missed it.... may not get it again..... u need more of...

Comment

interestingly that you are to mention SECONDARY piece.....

i think many of us succumb to secondary target(s)

Originally posted by cedric View Post
          Personally, the secondary piece has to be something I really like too... (not sure how do I define this... but just the feel, I guess)......So if price wise is something I can afford right then... why not... Of course, this will mean a longer wait for your primary piece.....
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

yes, i got a WINNING formula.

money transfer to FM control. then FM tells when you can buy.

for me i started with rolex about 15 years ago. it was probably about 3 years ago where i got my second rolex, then i told myself, i want to own all the sports series of rolex. after that i started to think about what watches i like to have in my collection. so i set my criteria, as such it helps to keep to what i want to buy.

another thing is that i usually take 2 months to purchase a watch. this is to ensure i really like the watch. if another piece pops up in mind, i start to analyse why i like, i ask questions such as does this watch fits into my watch collection that i want to have.

if the answer is NO. then back to primary target, if yes, then i start to research and compare what is the best price @ the moment. sometimes @ that time of WANTING to get, the price is cheapest then, so get, else back to primary target.

[B]triton, do you have a formula or something to stay sooo focus?? Must share with us...

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

It is sometimes hard to resist , my friend.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

triton, that is no watch formula lah....it will translate into handbag formula...

yes, i got a WINNING formula.

money transfer to FM control. then FM tells when you can buy.

for me i started with rolex about 15 years ago. it was probably about 3 years ago where i got my second rolex, then i told myself, i want to own all the sports series of rolex. after that i started to think about what watches i like to have in my collection. so i set my criteria, as such it helps to keep to what i want to buy.

another thing is that i usually take 2 months to purchase a watch. this is to ensure i really like the watch. if another piece pops up in mind, i start to analyse why i like, i ask questions such as does this watch fits into my watch collection that i want to have.

if the answer is NO. then back to primary target, if yes, then i start to research and compare what is the best price @ the moment. sometimes @ that time of WANTING to get, the price is cheapest then, so get, else back to primary target.

Comment

set an easy primary target...hehehe that way can achieve the primary and then indulge in the secondary targets...

one more piece and i will achieve my primary target... and then indulge in secondary ones thereafter..

having said that, i did veered away off course when i picked up preowned airman on impulse but it did fit into the overall plan so its ok...
                  In The Bag
                  Him
                  Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
                  Her
                  Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
                  Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

may the force be with u <--- a wise old saying......

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    It is sometimes hard to resist , my friend.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

simi si handbag formula?

triton, that is no watch formula lah....it will translate into handbag formula...

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

sorry sorry... what I meant is if $$$ controled by FM, $$$ will go to handbags instead of watches....

simi si handbag formula?

Comment

FM=franck muller? FM=finance mother?

Comment

may the force be with u <--- a wise old saying......
                            Partly, the case may be that the 'primary objective' is too expensive to be attained in a short period of time and an irresistable pc comes along the way? Eg. the aim is to get a daytona, then a discounted-priced pam ($6-7k range) shows up in your doorstep.

Or, you put your name on waiting list for a particular watch and was told that the wait is definitely more than a year long. Along the way, you saw another watch you like and bought it (since the wait for the earlier pc is long). Whether it's luck/misfortune, yr AD calls you a wk after yr purchase, to tell you that yr watch has arrived .

Unless we r like wolfeyes1974, andrew tay or hary, how can we afford one watch after another, mths after mths after mths after mths after mths.. ...
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hmm as for me when I bought my first Rolex back in June 07...I was aiming for the Submariner. Went to my dealer...ready to look for a Submariner he had..but he said I had to wait for another week. Well I was impatient definitely...so I asked him what he had..he took out a Explorer II. I thought for awhile...same price..another week's wait? I just picked up the Explorer II. Loved it...never regretted after I bought it.

Sold it after 6 months..well not because I dun like it yeah.

Almost 2 years on...I told myself...this year...I am gonna get 1 somewhere mid year or so. The Submariner is back on my list. But of course I may change track...but it will depend on how my mid year financial report is. As of now...it doesn't look too gd but I believe it's possible

I have been focussing this year...err..well though I did sidetrack abit when I bought my Prada stuffs but yeah cut down on my luxury items...now on a ban. I should be able to do it....no LSPs for me...that helped alot in the saving part

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X