Drivability and FC of RX300/350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivability and FC of RX300/350

I have a good deal on a preowned rx300 and I am thinking of getting it.

Any bros here previously owns this model? Possible to share whether the car has ample power for a pleasant drive as well as the FC? Can find much info abt it

Originally posted by riyute View Post
    I have a good deal on a preowned rx300 and I am thinking of getting it.

Any bros here previously owns this model? Possible to share whether the car has ample power for a pleasant drive as well as the FC? Can find much info abt it
    my wife used to have the old rx350 (2007 model) i think it was about 500km per tank - she is a gentle driver.

very spacious car but it drives like a boat (to me) - definitely didn't feel sporty. the v6 is also very quiet compared to the v6s i like. the sound system is mark levinson but didn't sound as good as i expected.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
      my wife used to have the old rx350 (2007 model) i think it was about 500km per tank - she is a gentle driver.

very spacious car but it drives like a boat (to me) - definitely didn't feel sporty. the v6 is also very quiet compared to the v6s i like. the sound system is mark levinson but didn't sound as good as i expected.
      Wao, sounds like a zzzzzzz car hor.. Really no strength de meh?

Comment

drives like a boat doesn't mean slow, just very floaty... soft. i prefer a firmer lower ride.

the engine is not weak either, but it is a rather quiet v6 (and the sound insulation's quite good). i prefer a noisy one.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
          drives like a boat doesn't mean slow, just very floaty... soft. i prefer a firmer lower ride.

the engine is not weak either, but it is a rather quiet v6 (and the sound insulation's quite good). i prefer a noisy one.
          Thanks bro taxico!! How any suggestions of modifications such as tuning the ride etc?

Comment

Thanks bro taxico!! How any suggestions of modifications such as tuning the ride etc?
            hi riyute,sorry for me to interrupt. RX300 is a SUV and it's more meant to be a leisure cruising ride.

if you prefer much powerful and to do modifications, i will suggest GS300 or IS250 which has more option to tune and the ride is lower so the stability is there compare to SUV.

FC for all cars actually depends on how u treat ur accelerator.if u like to step fully on it, no matter how good the FC for the car will also be useless.

just my 2 cents worth.
            累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Hi CFC, the FC doesn't bother me that much but the idea of snailing forward at traffic lights or overtaking does make me wary at times so if this would improve by tuning, I think it's a good start.

Comment

Hi CFC, the FC doesn't bother me that much but the idea of snailing forward at traffic lights or overtaking does make me wary at times so if this would improve by tuning, I think it's a good start.
                you won't snail for sure because it's not a really slow car. i think the v6 has >200bhp (but the car's weight is not light), but it was not designed with speed in mind.

that car throws up blind spots frequently, so if you drive like i do, you won't like it. your FC will also go up by a fair bit if you enjoy redlining.

the gs (last gen) is also quite boaty but seems to be quicker than the rx and definitely more planted - just personal experience not during a competition or anything. never driven a new IS before so i can't comment. the old altezza style IS with MT produces a nice sounding high revving v6.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X