Contract job or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract job or not?

Will you take up a contract role that has higher pay and same benefits as a perm role?

If unemployed, will you take up a contract role if unable to get a perm role? Or will you grit your teeth and search for a perm role or will you switch line in order to get a perm role?

Any bros in these same situations before?
    It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
    Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
    Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
    Jimmy Dean

if employed, i will only go for contract job if it offers about 30% more than permanent job and the contract job is at least 3 years

if unemployed, will take contract job straight away based on current market (also have to depends on what field)
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Dont leave gap in career. So anything come along just do.

Comment

i not working for 3mths liao, got gap le, how huh

Comment

Contract job usually is 6 months to 1 year only. For govt jobs, the contract period is 2 years.
          Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
          Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
          Jimmy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by blingking View Post
            Will you take up a contract role that has higher pay and same benefits as a perm role?

If unemployed, will you take up a contract role if unable to get a perm role? Or will you grit your teeth and search for a perm role or will you switch line in order to get a perm role?

Any bros in these same situations before?
            Do you have a lot of job options ? Do you have a rich parent or wealth to support you ? If not, just grab the contract job and look for a permanent job while working .

Comment

Originally posted by jieming View Post
              Do you have a lot of job options ? Do you have a rich parent or wealth to support you ? If not, just grab the contract job and look for a permanent job while working .
              That is what i am thinking right now too.
              Aristotle Onassis

Nido Qubein

Jimmy Dean

Comment

This is the right attitude! U nvr know, the contract job might lead to other things, which it did for 15yrs ago.

Comment

I think you should go for it
                  TAG Heuer Formula 1 Grande Date 42 WAU1110.FT6024
                  Omega Speedmaster Professional 42 MM 3573.50
                  Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Ultra Thin 2788520
                  Casio A168WA-1YES
                  Hublot Chelsea Classic Fusion 521.NX.7119.LR.CFC16
                  NOMOS Glashütte Tangente 139
                  Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A-001

Comment

I had already done a contract role previously.

Here is another situation :

Would you choose a perm role at a start-up SME or a contract role in an MNC? A lot of MNCs looking at contract nowadays.

Salary is about the same at both roles. Although benefits might differ.
                    Aristotle Onassis

Nido Qubein

Jimmy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by blingking View Post
                      I had already done a contract role previously.

Here is another situation :

Would you choose a perm role at a start-up SME or a contract role in an MNC? A lot of MNCs looking at contract nowadays.

Salary is about the same at both roles. Although benefits might differ.
                      Bro. You have a lot of situations . Just apply the same principle of choosing 2 watches you like . Decide on the one you like the most. When you sick of the current one , look for another .

Comment

Need $ just take the job, Mai hiam ....

Comment

i would look at which suits my long term goals and objectives. They both have their pros and cons.
                          TAG Heuer Formula 1 Grande Date 42 WAU1110.FT6024
                          Omega Speedmaster Professional 42 MM 3573.50
                          Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Ultra Thin 2788520
                          Casio A168WA-1YES
                          Hublot Chelsea Classic Fusion 521.NX.7119.LR.CFC16
                          NOMOS Glashütte Tangente 139
                          Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A-001

Comment

Wow.....I will look for a job that I can kick my boss away wahahahaha.... joking, look for job that offer more money, bo money bo honey

Comment

Ill go for the contract job. You'll gain more experiences, money and widen your network circle.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X