X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    but anybody tried putting it into a dehumidifier box?? Will that help? Is it the moisture that cause the detoriation of the fabric?
    got a dehumidifier box....but not big enough to put in the watch box.....
    Last edited by triton; 19-01-08, 11:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    but anybody tried putting it into a dehumidifier box?? Will that help? Is it the moisture that cause the detoriation of the fabric?

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    Omega one jialat. Especially those red colour inner boxes. After 5yrs already start turn koyak...
    yeah. ask pet about it......

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Originally posted by pet View Post
    think no use 1, not meant to last, my 1, the surface become sticky and peel off ...

hmmm.. not all box, some OK
    Omega one jialat. Especially those red colour inner boxes. After 5yrs already start turn koyak...

Leave a comment:

• pet
    replied
    Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    aiyo isnt it simple.. maintain te boxes like how u'll maintain te watch before it turns flaky lor.. apply moisturizer when dry, or oil of ulan or something..
    think no use 1, not meant to last, my 1, the surface become sticky and peel off ...

hmmm.. not all box, some OK

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    aiyo isnt it simple.. maintain te boxes like how u'll maintain te watch before it turns flaky lor.. apply moisturizer when dry, or oil of ulan or something..

Leave a comment:

• wolfeyes1974
    replied
    Thanks guys..i'll keep them for now...

Louis, u can register yr interest first and let me know which ones ...hahahaha.you never know i may change my mind again...

cheers

james

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    If there's likelihood that watches will be sold in future, then it's advisable to keep the watch boxes. Boxes and papers can affect up to 10% of the resale price of a watch. A flaky box is still better than none.

So if I were you, I would keep the boxes

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied
    I would suggest that you keep them.... for me.. if i'm buying preown.. i have higher preference for watches with boxes...

Then again, after consideration and you still wan to sell ur boxes.. lemme noe.. i may be keen in some

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    Thanks bro...honestly, am in 2 minds about it. I agree with your view but then again if they become flaky over time...2nd hand dealer will also reduce the trade-in value isn't it or worst the boxes become totally worthless? Anyone knows what's the "general" price difference say when you sell a watch with box versus a watch without a box? Is it like $100 difference or???

Cheers

James
    i wouldn't dare say a price. but between box and papers, if one got box and no papers vs one without box v papers, i would go for papers without box.

Leave a comment:

• wolfeyes1974
    replied
    Thanks bro...honestly, am in 2 minds about it. I agree with your view but then again if they become flaky over time...2nd hand dealer will also reduce the trade-in value isn't it or worst the boxes become totally worthless? Anyone knows what's the "general" price difference say when you sell a watch with box versus a watch without a box? Is it like $100 difference or???

Cheers

James

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    Guys,

I'm contemplating to sell my various watch boxes (JLC, GP, Zenith..etc) since all my watches are now all kept in a watch case. You know..some of the boxes may become flaky over time...so i might as well sell them. I think some of the boxes can be sold over $100. I can make some money to subsidize another watch purchase...what do you think?

Thanks!

James
    im not in approval of selling them. no doubt they may become flaky. however, if there is no box, it may or may not affect your watch re-sale value. unless u intend to keep your watches for a long time. then again, u never know when you might want to trade......my 2cts worth

Leave a comment:

• wolfeyes1974
    started a topic Watch boxes...

Watch boxes...

Guys,

I'm contemplating to sell my various watch boxes (JLC, GP, Zenith..etc) since all my watches are now all kept in a watch case. You know..some of the boxes may become flaky over time...so i might as well sell them. I think some of the boxes can be sold over $100. I can make some money to subsidize another watch purchase...what do you think?

Thanks!

James

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X