Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch boxes...

Guys,

I'm contemplating to sell my various watch boxes (JLC, GP, Zenith..etc) since all my watches are now all kept in a watch case. You know..some of the boxes may become flaky over time...so i might as well sell them. I think some of the boxes can be sold over $100. I can make some money to subsidize another watch purchase...what do you think?

Thanks!

James
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    Guys,

I'm contemplating to sell my various watch boxes (JLC, GP, Zenith..etc) since all my watches are now all kept in a watch case. You know..some of the boxes may become flaky over time...so i might as well sell them. I think some of the boxes can be sold over $100. I can make some money to subsidize another watch purchase...what do you think?

Thanks!

James
    im not in approval of selling them. no doubt they may become flaky. however, if there is no box, it may or may not affect your watch re-sale value. unless u intend to keep your watches for a long time. then again, u never know when you might want to trade......my 2cts worth
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks bro...honestly, am in 2 minds about it. I agree with your view but then again if they become flaky over time...2nd hand dealer will also reduce the trade-in value isn't it or worst the boxes become totally worthless? Anyone knows what's the "general" price difference say when you sell a watch with box versus a watch without a box? Is it like $100 difference or???

Cheers

James

Current collection
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
        Thanks bro...honestly, am in 2 minds about it. I agree with your view but then again if they become flaky over time...2nd hand dealer will also reduce the trade-in value isn't it or worst the boxes become totally worthless? Anyone knows what's the "general" price difference say when you sell a watch with box versus a watch without a box? Is it like $100 difference or???

Cheers

James
        i wouldn't dare say a price. but between box and papers, if one got box and no papers vs one without box v papers, i would go for papers without box.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

I would suggest that you keep them.... for me.. if i'm buying preown.. i have higher preference for watches with boxes...

Then again, after consideration and you still wan to sell ur boxes.. lemme noe.. i may be keen in some
          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

If there's likelihood that watches will be sold in future, then it's advisable to keep the watch boxes. Boxes and papers can affect up to 10% of the resale price of a watch. A flaky box is still better than none.

So if I were you, I would keep the boxes
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Thanks guys..i'll keep them for now...

Louis, u can register yr interest first and let me know which ones ...hahahaha.you never know i may change my mind again...

cheers

james

Current collection
              Audemars Piguet ROO
              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
              Panerai 270
              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
              Rolex 116610LV

Comment

aiyo isnt it simple.. maintain te boxes like how u'll maintain te watch before it turns flaky lor.. apply moisturizer when dry, or oil of ulan or something..
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  aiyo isnt it simple.. maintain te boxes like how u'll maintain te watch before it turns flaky lor.. apply moisturizer when dry, or oil of ulan or something..
                  think no use 1, not meant to last, my 1, the surface become sticky and peel off ...

hmmm.. not all box, some OK

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                    think no use 1, not meant to last, my 1, the surface become sticky and peel off ...

hmmm.. not all box, some OK
                    Omega one jialat. Especially those red colour inner boxes. After 5yrs already start turn koyak...
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                      Omega one jialat. Especially those red colour inner boxes. After 5yrs already start turn koyak...
                      yeah. ask pet about it......

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

but anybody tried putting it into a dehumidifier box?? Will that help? Is it the moisture that cause the detoriation of the fabric?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                        - GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                          but anybody tried putting it into a dehumidifier box?? Will that help? Is it the moisture that cause the detoriation of the fabric?
                          got a dehumidifier box....but not big enough to put in the watch box.....
                          Last edited by triton; 19-01-08, 11:17 PM.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

of course lah.. where can you find a dehumidifier box smaller than the watch box.. u can try putting the watch box into the dehumidifier though.. hahah

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                            - GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              got a dehumidifier box....but not big enough to put in the watch box.....
                              Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                              of course lah.. where can you find a dehumidifier box smaller than the watch box.. u can try putting the watch box into the dehumidifier though.. hahah
                              eh. am i blur or my english salah...correct me if im wrong hor...

when i mention not big enough to put in the watch box implies that the watch box cannot put into the dehumidifier box right?

however if i were to say not big enough to put into the watch boex implies that dehumidifier box put inside watch box right?

however, my dehumidifier box cannot contain the watch box........

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X