prices for "last batch" is damn terok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prices for "last batch" is damn terok

steel 16520 daytona P series... $20k because it's the last batch.

steel 16710 gmt2 M series... $14k because it's the last batch.

that's crack prices. i hope nobody pays such a big premium...

the rest of you with "last batch" watches, i think you should try selling it to you-know-who.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Personally, I'm surprised anybody purchases new rollies in sg, especially from the branded boutiques...

I think as singaporeans, we tend to view ourselves as savvy shoppers/investors/collectors, but the reality might be very far from the truth. As far as financial prudence is concerned, when the Deputy PM comes out and says we have a percentage of white collar workers who are in debt(technical or otherwise), you can be sure that the problem is a lot worse than the circus show lets on.

Comment

there was one listing for close to 10k. does that mean it is a bargain (with reference to your price indication)?

Originally posted by taxico View Post

the rest of you with "last batch" watches, i think you should try selling it to you-know-who.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        there was one listing for close to 10k. does that mean it is a bargain (with reference to your price indication)?
        i didn't actually indicate what an acceptable price to me was...

i wanted a gmt 2 with 3186 quite badly but i decided some time back that paying anything more than 6.5-7k is NOT worth it (to me).

so i built my own using an V series 16570 (4.8k) + rolex 16710 parts: dial, crystal retaining ring, click spring and complete bezel assembly ($1.2k) - the two watches are essentially identical except for the dial and bezel area.

my total outlay, including labour, was less than $6,100 and i got the exact travel/beater watch i wanted. my franken watch is not to everybody's tastes but i wanted the watch because of its "usability," not because of its "rarity."

at the end of the day, the seller may not have gotten the exact amount he/she wanted for it... (willing buyer/seller) but 10k, which is closer to 7k than 14k is, may admittedly be deemed an acceptable premium at today's prices...
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Yoz dude

haha I was having discussion over these sets with a few watch buddies and all have exactly the same sentiment as you pal! can't agree more to this

Comment

Part II...

Oh, forgot to add... the second batch (not even the first Y batch) of Kermit going for SGD11+k... that made the F sold by a Mr Yeo some time back at 9k+ dirt cheap! and the Z 16710-3186 a steal too!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X