Car Enthusiast thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    You get the commercial 1 la...no need to remove back seats somemore..and I think about 30-40k?
    but cannot go into m'sia iirc, because considered goods carrying. however if sole purpose is to use in sg then you have no worries.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
      erm...any experts here can give advice on whether on 60 litres mileage is 500km is gd for a 2.0 litre car?thanks for the input in advance...hahaha
      my car 65ltr, 2000cc toyota camry, from full to empty, = 580km which equates to about 10ltr/100km

thats very good, about 8.5ltr/100km. Please dont complain my other car at home, avg about 14ltr/100km scare until dont drive, only when need to look nice than drive.

but you should also tell us what the driving pattern is like.
      urban driving (jams/idling)
      semi urban (CTE/PIE/SLE)
      country (north-south hwy)

also what is your style like? aggressive, conservative, adaptive, etc

i give you a rough idea of my style
      semi urban with adaptive driving, meaning that i do not ram brake for no reason, i also glide to a stop rather than speed and brake with so much force to stop the vehicle. However on highway, I do clock about 160km/h (top speed), but I dont hold the gas until hit the top limit, i slowly let it cruise up there.
      Blue 6694
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• mostly aggressive and requires car to be adaptive...how?

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post

also what is your style like? aggressive, conservative, adaptive, etc
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• i was referring to the driving style, and which of the following are they:
          adaptive (aggressive on open roads, conservative in surburbia)
          aggressive (100% gas pedal to the floor, tailgate at high speeds,etc)
          consverative (gentle acceleration, light braking, gliding to a halt rather than stopping at the last minute).

i have yet to try those so called adaptive suspension - anyone got any experience?? Last time i test drive a merc s-class, i wasnt given enough exposure to give it a through test.
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
            Thinking of getting a 2nd car (MPV) for wife and family in the coming months.
            my wife drv toyota estima Aeras ( brought from PI ).. select this car purely of 1 reason, space. we choose the 7 seater 1 cos kids can walk to the back, dont hv to fold the middle row down...interior high enough even adult walk thru also no problem... there's another model call alphard, but way too high, i think some old car park cannot enter.

kids luv space, so if purely thinking of kids and nothing else, i would recomm this estima/ previa

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
            If can... go for the Volkswagen Caddy. 1.9L diesel turbo with DSG!!
            Only problem is that it's classified under commercial vehicle...
            no private plate leh... i heard the fiat 1 comes in diesel engine also...hmmm

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            You get the commercial 1 la...no need to remove back seats somemore..and I think about 30-40k?
            but cannot drive to malaysia leh...anyway, co got commercial van, i already using it also

but cannot go into m'sia iirc, because considered goods carrying. however if sole purpose is to use in sg then you have no worries.
            yaloh, malaysia got alot of fishing ground

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
            erm...any experts here can give advice on whether on 60 litres mileage is 500km is gd for a 2.0 litre car?thanks for the input in advance...hahaha
            i drv co diesel van... 50+ L, can go close to 800km..

diesel

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
              (...)
              i drv co diesel van... 50+ L, can go close to 800km..

diesel
              diesel is now very close to petrol in terms of performance. I drove co diesel van once, and i can travel 110kmh on PIE , with power to spare

economy is good the power is getting better.
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• in europe... Diesel is prefered over petrol cos its cleaner, cheaper and more powerful... But for commercial vehicles locally, i knw ppl who drives kangoo, caddy, etc... They get problems with their engine aft 3yrs and require over haul cos diesel here creates alot of sludge?? Not sure if its true cos i dun experience it but from their mechanics frm the svc cntr... Oso, diesel engine roars louder..... Care to comment and share yr experience??

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• love the estima too..... I hear its pretty powerful... Drove one in perth in 1999... Its called terago there... Damn shiok man....
                  May tgt an estima later but for nw, the wish suffice....
                  I do knw if FC is a big issue, then u r better off with a wish or a stream.
                  Anybody drives the new version of mazda 5?? Test driven it... Not bad but unsure of fc... Think its abt 9km/l on the earlier variant.... New one duno...
                  Another nice mpv is the citrone grand picasso c4... Beauty!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                  - GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                  - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                    love the estima too..... I hear its pretty powerful... Drove one in perth in 1999... Its called terago there... Damn shiok man....
                    Anybody drives the new version of mazda 5?? Test driven it... Not bad but unsure of fc... Think its abt 9km/l on the earlier variant.... New one duno...
                    got less thn a month to deicde wht to buy... cos my bid lic plate gonna expire soon... if not got to pay another 1k to lta to extend KNN

priority changes... i prefer suv or mpv thn saloon or anything sporty, cos boh pien, father of 3 leow... hahahaha..hmmm...well other than children, also my fishes...hahhaa... no bigger car means it wont fit my fishing equip and ice box... if 3 to 4 guys going fishing, alot more junk, so need those mpv or at least a suv... any other suggestion ( inexpensive - abt 80+/- ).

diesel is now very close to petrol in terms of performance. I drove co diesel van once, and i can travel 110kmh on PIE , with power to spare

economy is good the power is getting better.
                    too bad, sg gov still tax so high on diesel car.... no foresight...

Comment

• I am driving SUV now, Toyota RAV4. It drinks like nobody business
                      [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                      [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                      [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                      [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                      [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                      [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

• My current car - Ford Focus 2.0 Sport.
                        'The way to high office is by the crooked stairs.' - Queen Elizabeth I (in the movie)

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                          in europe... Diesel is prefered over petrol cos its cleaner, cheaper and more powerful... But for commercial vehicles locally, i knw ppl who drives kangoo, caddy, etc... They get problems with their engine aft 3yrs and require over haul cos diesel here creates alot of sludge?? Not sure if its true cos i dun experience it but from their mechanics frm the svc cntr... Oso, diesel engine roars louder..... Care to comment and share yr experience??
                          i think it has to do with a filter hidden in the fuel tank (so i hear), also diesel to my knowledge has a lot of impurities to start with.

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                          love the estima too..... I hear its pretty powerful... Drove one in perth in 1999... Its called terago there... Damn shiok man....
                          ah the tarago, we used to have one moon years ago, never got to drive. It was stolen when i was young Fun car, very spacious inside.

Originally posted by pet View Post
                          got less thn a month to deicde wht to buy... cos my bid lic plate gonna expire soon... if not got to pay another 1k to lta to extend KNN

priority changes... i prefer suv or mpv thn saloon or anything sporty, cos boh pien, father of 3 leow... hahahaha..hmmm...well other than children, also my fishes...hahhaa... no bigger car means it wont fit my fishing equip and ice box... if 3 to 4 guys going fishing, alot more junk, so need those mpv or at least a suv... any other suggestion ( inexpensive - abt 80+/- ).

too bad, sg gov still tax so high on diesel car.... no foresight...
                          this is what i would do, go to the car yards, and ask to test drive for the weekend (you rent a demo from agent), that way, you can test with no hassles. I hate testing cars that ask me to circle one block and come back.

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                          I am driving SUV now, Toyota RAV4. It drinks like nobody business
                          rav4 is not a fun car to drive , i drove my friend one once, somemore the drive is a bit "trucky"
                          Originally posted by Henry T View Post
                          My current car - Ford Focus 2.0 Sport.
                          [IMG]refer to original post
                          nice car, its a pity that you are not allowed to keep old cars, the older 4wd escourt was a much meaner, leaner car. the FC also drink like crazy
                          Last edited by seiko.citizen; 05-07-08, 08:53 PM.
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
                            At that price range would be Honda Odyssey, but a bit outdated. Nissan Presage, quite well kitted out. Mazda 5, haven't seen much of it yet. Mit Grandis, I used to drive this. Very nice, but FC a bit high. Hyundai Santa Fe, but high engine CC, so will consume more. Toyota Forester, very nice, but also high FC due to big engine CC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hary View Post
                              I am driving SUV now, Toyota RAV4. It drinks like nobody business
                              rav4 nice leh

Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
                              At that price range would be Honda Odyssey, but a bit outdated. Nissan Presage, quite well kitted out. Mazda 5, haven't seen much of it yet. Mit Grandis, I used to drive this. Very nice, but FC a bit high. Hyundai Santa Fe, but high engine CC, so will consume more. Toyota Forester, very nice, but also high FC due to big engine CC.
                              actually already got a mpv, was looking for a vehicle where i can go fishing with and of cos individual use... can smoke

Comment

• for those who smoke in their cars, it can devalue by up to 10-15% since it cost a bomb to remove ciggie smoke when time to sell.
                                Blue 6694
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X