Car Enthusiast thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    C63 AMG better more sporty, but i find the c180 a bit feature lacking. for that price can get lexus with more features.
    No la out of budget. Hahaha...Well I think Lexus IS and Merc C class is on par. But considering the high fuel prices I think a C180 or C160 is more worth it.

Well my dad prefers 1.6L to 1.8L car. If 1.6 is best la....and since Merc just came out with a C160 It's gonna be perfect!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• personally im looking @ the C200 currently.

i like the handling. i find that the A class and B Class are currently a joke. it is a neither here nor there car. i think MB should just forget about targeting the low end CC cars.

for me japanese cars like toyota has the best turning radius and fuel efficiency compared to nissan and honda.

for european cars, i still prefer MB as im biased. i dont like the feel when i sit in BMW, jaguar.

as for AUDI, VW, Ford, OPEL, the feel sitting inside and driving is different.

i think most important for a car owner is

1) what needs must the car fulfill, family transporter, couple going out, etc.
      2) is fuel consumption of the car an issue
      3) the feel sitting inside the car
      4) the feel driving the car
      5) budget?
      6) safety aspects of the car

im currently driving a vios because i have a tight budget, i need to drive my family around, it has good fuel consumption. meet my current needs.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• I personally have decided more or less not to invest in new car. My current car serve the purpose, although sometimes tempted to look at new cars. Unless my boss gives me big bonuses/increament (which is unlikely), then I can reconsider
        [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
        [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
        [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
        [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
        [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
        [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

• my first car 1983 ( overseas ), brand new toyota corolla at US$7.3K, and sold it at US$8.5k ( trade in for a new 2 door sport car )... there after, change another 1 but got into an accident, insurance pay for another new ride... .basically all 2 door sport.

first car i own in sg. a ford Laser TX3 bought brand new in 1987 at S$37k. sold it aftert 2 yrs at $42K.... the only time i make money on cars..... after tht was a mix of saloon and 2 door cars ... ( 7 car changes over 10 yrs ).. til i got married.. thn kids...so in the past 6 to 7 yrs.. a must have vehicle = SUV ( high, also more roomy ), MPV ( roomy )

currently no suv, but was thinking of a cheap 1 where i can use to go fishing ... mainly i am trying to use my reg plate which i bidded last yr..... dont really hv a particular choice/ make of car, but dont wnt saloon... one of these, hatch, mpv or suv willl do fine ... used car also dont mind...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            No la out of budget. Hahaha...Well I think Lexus IS and Merc C class is on par. But considering the high fuel prices I think a C180 or C160 is more worth it.

Well my dad prefers 1.6L to 1.8L car. If 1.6 is best la....and since Merc just came out with a C160 It's gonna be perfect!
            1600-1800cc engine quite small, not sure if it is powerful enough , even if lexus is onpar with c-class putting prestige aside, i "feel" that the IS is a excellent choice (biased cos i drive the MY98 is200 heavily modified in perth )

Originally posted by Hary View Post
            I personally have decided more or less not to invest in new car. My current car serve the purpose, although sometimes tempted to look at new cars. Unless my boss gives me big bonuses/increament (which is unlikely), then I can reconsider
            i never buy new car, always preowned, and buying preowned is more fun, because the engine is burnt in, and at a price much more reasonable than when selling at new.

Originally posted by pet View Post
            my first car 1983 ( overseas ), brand new toyota corolla at US$7.3K, and sold it at US$8.5k ( trade in for a new 2 door sport car )... there after, change another 1 but got into an accident, insurance pay for another new ride... .basically all 2 door sport.

first car i own in sg. a ford Laser TX3 bought brand new in 1987 at S$37k. sold it aftert 2 yrs at $42K.... the only time i make money on cars..... after tht was a mix of saloon and 2 door cars ... ( 7 car changes over 10 yrs ).. til i got married.. thn kids...so in the past 6 to 7 yrs.. a must have vehicle = SUV ( high, also more roomy ), MPV ( roomy )

currently no suv, but was thinking of a cheap 1 where i can use to go fishing ... mainly i am trying to use my reg plate which i bidded last yr..... dont really hv a particular choice/ make of car, but dont wnt saloon... one of these, hatch, mpv or suv willl do fine ... used car also dont mind...
            SUV one thing no good is the high centre of gravity, i find it throws the car out of balance, even at normal driving speeds. therefore prefer saloon or wagon.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

SUV one thing no good is the high centre of gravity, i find it throws the car out of balance, even at normal driving speeds. therefore prefer saloon or wagon.
              low better thn high... for kids high better th low... hahaa... so boh pien

Comment

• for me, car must be low as when family not in car, i take slip roads in/out expressway in excessive of 70km/h
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

1600-1800cc engine quite small, not sure if it is powerful enough , even if lexus is onpar with c-class putting prestige aside, i "feel" that the IS is a excellent choice (biased cos i drive the MY98 is200 heavily modified in perth )
                  Pls la....I dun race like you do man. I prefer comfort

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                    for me, car must be low as when family not in car, i take slip roads in/out expressway in excessive of 70km/h
                    another speeder

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Pls la....I dun race like you do man. I prefer comfort
                    you say that now, but you wait til you get your license and go to NS hwy my bro today see the open speed limit sign, floor the pedal no skill want to drive fast
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

you say that now, but you wait til you get your license and go to NS hwy my bro today see the open speed limit sign, floor the pedal no skill want to drive fast
                      Hehe 2 years time

Comment

• too all the newbies, want to drive fast, please get some experience and learn to control. very easy to go fast, but very hard to control at such speed.
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• For family and kids.. high better.. cos you should not be speeding and if someone wack you, yr car is still higher and thus safer for the passengers...
                          Originally posted by pet View Post
                          low better thn high... for kids high better th low... hahaa... so boh pien
                          PET, then go get RUSH loh.. if you want something simple to use for fishing and like SUV... Basic and decent if you ask me

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                          - GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Is service center competency a consideration for you?? It was for me..

Originally posted by triton View Post
                            personally im looking @ the C200 currently.

i like the handling. i find that the A class and B Class are currently a joke. it is a neither here nor there car. i think MB should just forget about targeting the low end CC cars.

for me japanese cars like toyota has the best turning radius and fuel efficiency compared to nissan and honda.

for european cars, i still prefer MB as im biased. i dont like the feel when i sit in BMW, jaguar.

as for AUDI, VW, Ford, OPEL, the feel sitting inside and driving is different.

i think most important for a car owner is

1) what needs must the car fulfill, family transporter, couple going out, etc.
                            2) is fuel consumption of the car an issue
                            3) the feel sitting inside the car
                            4) the feel driving the car
                            5) budget?
                            6) safety aspects of the car

im currently driving a vios because i have a tight budget, i need to drive my family around, it has good fuel consumption. meet my current needs.

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• Pardon me if it is offending anybody hor... I personally feel C180 is a waste of time... FOR MB, I will consider E class at minimum

I beg to differ on the part of their logo. I think it being embedded on the hood is more classy..

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              How you guys find the C180?

I heard there's going to be a C160 coming out...now that's damn gd la!

Well I think the new C class has been pretty sporty except that now they dun have the 3point star sticking out already it's built in....that was a big mistake man...it's lost it's class

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                                Is service center competency a consideration for you?? It was for me..
                                it should be on the list of every buyer, that is unless they have friends that can repair their respective models. Nowadays the computer cannot do yourself, need special tool to diagnose the problem

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                                For family and kids.. high better.. cos you should not be speeding and if someone wack you, yr car is still higher and thus safer for the passengers...

PET, then go get RUSH loh.. if you want something simple to use for fishing and like SUV... Basic and decent if you ask me
                                but at the end of the day, car big or small, also depend on driver skill. if driver dont know how to handle situation, sure kenna in accident.

this week the road toll average in my home town was 1/day, some days more/less.
                                Blue 6694
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X