No announcement yet.

Do you still wear 38mm watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daydate is just perfect at 36. Dress watch like patek and Lange should not be too big too or else it will look weird instead of nice.

Comment

Originally posted by goldvision View Post
      Yes, 38mm is a good size 20 years ago. Now it is deemed too small for men. 38mm has become ladies' size. Times change. People change. Move along with the times or become outdated. A company that doesn't make a lot of changes to their designs like Rolex has to accept the trend and move along. They have to face reality and come out with watches of bigger sizes or they will lose market share.
      Nope, it really depends on the types of watches. Rolex sport models at 36mm will look funny. Likewise a patek dress watch at 47mm will look idiotic too haha. Rolex have stood the test of time sorry to disappoint u lol.

Comment

If you have it then wear it...

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond View Post
          With the trend of big watches prevailing, do you still wear 38mm watches?
          1. Who cares about trends? The weak. Not me
          2. No i do not wear 38mm watches, because i dont hv one.
          3. Many classic watches cannot be more than 36mm or they will no longer be classic or they may start to look stupid. Eg. Datejust 2, stupid. daydate2, stupid.

Hope this clarifies.

Comment

Yes, 38mm is a good size 20 years ago. Now it is deemed too small for men. 38mm has become ladies' size. Times change. People change. Move along with the times or become outdated. A company that doesn't make a lot of changes to their designs like Rolex has to accept the trend and move along. They have to face reality and come out with watches of bigger sizes or they will lose market share.
            Dont be an idiot. a watch to many of us is not a trend.
            You think its a freaking handphone that you change every year?
            If it is then you know **** about what a watch stands for to a man.
            Oops maybe you are not a man. If that is so do pardon me.

You are then just a bloody lame trend following fad whore.
            And dont deny this, your posts hv defined that.

I on the otherhand you can say am an old school principled, classic style loving, sentimental, real watch wearer, appreciator if there is such a word who might likely take his first Rolex to his grave.

The comparison between you and me is like a new fruity trendy colorful cocktail screaming "drink me!" but never finds itself in an award winning bartender must, versus a good old mojito done the right way, and great with every cigar for every bar, leaving conversations to go on for years to come.

You understand that? Or maybe not?

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
              Dont be an idiot. a watch to many of us is not a trend.
              You think its a freaking handphone that you change every year?
              If it is then you know **** about what a watch stands for to a man.

And dont deny this, your posts hv defined that.

I on the otherhand you can say am an old school principled, classic style loving, sentimental, real watch wearer, appreciator if there is such a word who might likely take his first Rolex to his grave.

The comparison between you and me is like a new fruity trendy colorful cocktail screaming "drink me!" but never finds itself in an award winning bartender must, versus a good old mojito done the right way, and great with every cigar for every bar, leaving conversations to go on for years to come.

You understand that? Or maybe not?
              Please do not insult fellow forum user and make personal attack. Please do not degrade this forum. You are destroying what SGROC has built over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post

That's a sexist remark. That's sexual discrimination. Does anyone want to make a police report?

Comment

u know men come in different sizes right?
                  lmao

Comment

i cunt agree more follow trend nt wrong but mus hve taste some big watches r ugly

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                    Daydate is just perfect at 36. Dress watch like patek and Lange should not be too big too or else it will look weird instead of nice.
                    Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                    Nope, it really depends on the types of watches. Rolex sport models at 36mm will look funny. Likewise a patek dress watch at 47mm will look idiotic too haha. Rolex have stood the test of time sorry to disappoint u lol.

Comment

That's a sexist remark. That's sexual discrimination. Does anyone want to make a police report?

And your England also far from powderful

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond View Post
                        Please do not insult fellow forum user and make personal attack. Please do not degrade this forum. You are destroying what SGROC has built over the years.
                        Insult? That was pretty polite.

You flatter me.
                        I wish i had such strong ability to destroy a forum built over the years

Your england also not too powderful
                        Maybe we use Dialect next time.

But well, ok

Comment

Oh no !!! Not again.

Hope is not England vs Singapore.

Please. Is just sharing opinions and experiences.

Is weekend.
                          Last edited by Derick; 15-05-15, 10:23 PM. Reason: Add text

Comment

It's a fact in this world that one can buy a Rolex but one cannot buy class.

Comment

It also a fact that one can buy anything in this world and yet don't have class haha.

Comment

well said

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X