X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to CPF Minimum Sum

When will i ever see my CPF $? ...

------------------

FROM next month onwards, Central Provident Fund (CPF) members will see changes made to their Minimum Sum (MS), Medisave Minimum Sum (MMS), and Medisave Contribution Ceiling (MCC).

Starting July 1 this year, the CPF MS will be revised from $106,000 to $117,000. This will apply to members who turn 55 from July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010.

The increase, which includes an adjustment for inflation, is to ensure that Singaporeans set aside sufficient savings for their retirement.

Similarly, to ensure that Singaporeans have enough savings to meet their hospitalisation expenses, the MMS will be raised to $32,000 from $29,500 from July 1 this year.

The maximum balance a member may have in his Medisave Account, known as the (MCC), is fixed at $5,000 above MMS and this would be increased correspondingly to $37,000, from $34,500.

Any Medisave contribution in excess of the prevailing MCC will be transferred to the member’s Special Account if he is below age 55 or to his Retirement Account if he is above age 55 and has a MS shortfall.

Members with queries can call the CPF Call Centre at 1800-227-1188.

Souce: http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_384362.html
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Wah more of our money locked up liao lor..win oredi.
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

erhm, don understand whats gg on.

can elaborate a bit? i tht turn 55 can take out everything liao from CPF OA and SA? now cannot ah?
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

hmmm... read this..
        http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/Template...est#retirement

Comment

thanks unker cedric!

when u collecting yours
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
            thanks unker cedric!

when u collecting yours
            aiya... no meet MSS leh.. nothing to take .. anyway, if can take.. i end up go buy watch... later old age.. must eat and drink wind.....

nvm, in future.. at least got abit of money monthly...

Comment

anyway, talking about take CPF... not sure anyone heard about this... u can frequently see young china ladies (no offence to anyone) holding the arm of older ah-pei at around the CPF office at Tanjong Pagar... and supposely the pick-up line of these ladies is... Uncle, you take CPF already or not (in hokkien)... funny...

So guys.... careful ....

Comment

lol serious ah?

a few weeks back, I was at the police station waiting for my turn to make a police report.

There was this old man i think 60s liaoz, making a police report about his China wife (in mid 30s) ran away after 1 month and took his gold chain with her, etc, etc.

he kept saying that he never give her the gold chain, etc and what would happen if they caught her and she claims he gave her, etc. then say the lady make use of him get married to get PR and 1 mth later ran away. Then he ask if catch her he only wanna take back the gold chain don want her in bars.

The officer keep telling him once caught she might be charged for stealing, etc etc.
                then the man suddenly change his mind say don wanna make report le cos saying after all, married for 1 mth, don want her becase of a moment of folly get deported back to China, etc etc etc..

damn, wasted 45min waiting for him to make that report just to take it back...haiz..

no offence intended to any PRC bros/sisters here.

Comment

you reap what you sow. simple as that!
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

think every few years they revise the minimum sum. so nothing new
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

when will gomen allow CPF to purchase watch ar? like buying HDB lar.. if you sell it.. the proceed must go back to CPF.. hehehe
                      I'm a super low-baller

Comment

never!

the purpose in buying HDB (imo) is, to give the citizens access to the housing market (in particular the lower income population). it is nothing more than a stunt to gain votes (imo)
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Muachee View Post
                          when will gomen allow CPF to purchase watch ar? like buying HDB lar.. if you sell it.. the proceed must go back to CPF.. hehehe
                          er u wait long long. watch is a luxury item. basically a WANT and not a NEED haha...so will never be able to touch CPF for such things

also good lah. If have confirm lots of pple buy de..then when old no money have to eat the watch liaoz

screws for breakfast, case for special occasions, crown for dinner, bracelet for lunch etc...

Comment

All part and parcel of a wayang package.
                            "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X