Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    click here deep sea sea dweller video

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    which will you choose - rolex 41mm or 36mm?

click here to find out more
    I've always said the same (and will still maintain it) when faced with such queries or decision. A klassik/dress watch should not be big and chunky. And com'on, 36mm for a watch IS NOT SMALL, even on a coarse wrist.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    which will you choose - rolex 41mm or 36mm?

click here to find out more

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    this article indicates 9 reasons on what makes rolex so successful. how many points do you agree.
    Agree most with Reasons #2, #7 and #8.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    this article indicates 9 reasons on what makes rolex so successful. how many points do you agree.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    august titled the review of longines conquest V.H.P. as the future of accuracy is in this watch.

augustman.jpg

longines recently revived the discontinued model with -/+10 seconds a day accuracy in the 80s to a -/+5 seconds a day.

COSC standard is -4/+6 seconds a day.

read the article here

do you think the future of accuracy will be -/+ 5 seconds a day?

what are your views?

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    is the move
    1. to retain its value
    2. to reduce production costs aka recycle watch movement parts
    3. any other reason?

Probably so. But I would think the main and most important reason for these watch companies/businesses was to seek out other opportunities of making (more) money. For a very long time, the pre-owned watch market has been highly vibrant. Pre-owned watch companies, big and small, have been springing up every where, even more now, with the online platforms. So I guess this was one avenue watch manufacturers might have been eyeing for a while and now decide to move in. Can you imagine ROLEX doing the same?

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    is the move
    1. to retain its value
    2. to reduce production costs aka recycle watch movement parts
    3. any other reason?

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

I recall having shared an article here (sometime early this year) about watch brands coming into the pre-owned watch market. So I guess it is coming to fruition now.

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Audemars Piguet has entered the secondary market in selected countries. Now Richemont is also into secondary market by acquiring an online platform in UK. Richard Mille and Breitling have expressed interests in entering the secondary market. is it a move to bring up their value of watches or is it a move to recycle watch parts to save costs?

click here to read more
    I recall having shared an article here (sometime early this year) about watch brands coming into the pre-owned watch market. So I guess it is coming to fruition now.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Audemars Piguet has entered the secondary market in selected countries. Now Richemont is also into secondary market by acquiring an online platform in UK. Richard Mille and Breitling have expressed interests in entering the secondary market. is it a move to bring up their value of watches or is it a move to recycle watch parts to save costs?

click here to read more

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    ladies watch size used to be 28mm then it got to 31mm. next up is the 36mm.

36mm is the same size for a 6694. is it the right size? read it here

do you agree
    I think it is not just about the ladies' watch size that's increasing over the years. The men's too. I remember those days in the 80's to 90's, the "boy size" seemed to be the trend then for men. IIRC, the "boy size" Rolex watches in the past was around 31-33mm? As much as the trend has shifted to larger sized watches for men, the ladies' too, will follow.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    ladies watch size used to be 28mm then it got to 31mm. next up is the 36mm.

36mm is the same size for a 6694. is it the right size? read it here

do you agree

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    for some of us, it is now almost impossible to buy certain models from rolex or patek at retail price.

click here to read about it.
    Sadly, truly

This is probably one very 'painless' and effective way of telling consumers that there will be no more discount for (most) watches.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    for some of us, it is now almost impossible to buy certain models from rolex or patek at retail price.

click here to read about it.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X