• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry my mistake. links amended

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Morning Mr Triton

I think both links pointed to the same topic
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

rolex watch appreciate value by ~1450 times its original value.

read the article here
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

rolex to retailers - stop charging premium for hot models via official letter

finally, rolex has inform retailers especially in singapore to charge premium for hot models via official letter.

"The Business Times understands that Rolex recently sent a letter to its authorised retailers in Singapore, instructing them to stick to the recommended prices from March 1, instead of inflating them, especially for the in-demand models."

does this mean retailers will start to allocate these pieces to their preferred customers?

read the article here

kindly email with
        2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          finally, rolex has inform retailers especially in singapore to charge premium for hot models via official letter.

"The Business Times understands that Rolex recently sent a letter to its authorised retailers in Singapore, instructing them to stick to the recommended prices from March 1, instead of inflating them, especially for the in-demand models."

does this mean retailers will start to allocate these pieces to their preferred customers?

read the article here
          Friend, to charge or not to charge

I laughed hopelessly after reading the article. The crux of this is "Controlled Production" of ROLEX watches. ROLEX is slapping their own face by issuing a letter like this to their ADs. Instead of doing something like this that is unlikely to work, they should increase production for the more popular models, right?

The cause of this price manipulation starts from ROLEX, where the production of certain models is either slow or controlled. Many different ADs I met have lamented the same, for every batches of ROLEX watches they ordered from ROLEX, despite ordering more "hot" models like the Daytona and others, most shipments came with very few or sometimes none at all. Sometimes, I really wonder if the ADs were bluffing me (means they have the models but pretend not to so as to drive the price up), or it is really true that ROLEX is controlling it.

And for the benefit of those who haven't bought any watch at a premium price (i.e. higher than the retail price) from the ADs, they will make you sign a document during your purchase that you are the "willing" party to want to pay the premium price. It's more like something to safeguard the ADs, that they are not blatantly charging you.

Imagine this - you have a queue of 50 customers for a Daytona and lying in your shop are only three pathetic pieces which came in after waiting for 6 months from the factory in Switzerland. So who will you sell the three Daytonas to? Will you righteously sell each piece at its retail price ($16,600) to the customers in the queue order? And if some customers are willing to pay $2,000-$3,000 more for it, you say no to them?

Jokers!
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

The other issue is simply this - there are many wealthy people who are willing to pay such high premiums for watches that also play a major role in the price manipulation. Sometime back, an AD shared that a man walked into the shop to ask for the new (ceramic) Daytona. During then, the new Daytonas were just starting to come in to our shores. And guess what, despite its exorbitant premium price at that time ($26K per piece), the man bought two pieces at one go. I recalled he was buying as wedding gifts for his son and daughter-in-law

So if people are willing to buy high, why should the ADs sell low
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

It is therefore important that all potential buyers be made aware.

However, there will be people who will want to jump queue and hence offer a higher price. in this case, like the situation you mentioned, no AD will reject that extra premium.

The other issue is simply this - there are many wealthy people who are willing to pay such high premiums for watches that also play a major role in the price manipulation. Sometime back, an AD shared that a man walked into the shop to ask for the new (ceramic) Daytona. During then, the new Daytonas were just starting to come in to our shores. And guess what, despite its exorbitant premium price at that time ($26K per piece), the man bought two pieces at one go. I recalled he was buying as wedding gifts for his son and daughter-in-law

So if people are willing to buy high, why should the ADs sell low

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

Precisely! So how is the bloody letter from ROLEX going to help in any way?!
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

boycott AD that sell rolex above RRP? haha

Precisely! So how is the bloody letter from ROLEX going to help in any way?!

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

omega vs. rolex

will this article help you decide to buy between omega and rolex?

read it here

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

AD will ask u to buy a few platinium daydate with diamonds and rubies before they let u buy a steel daytona at retail price.

Comment

boycott AD that sell rolex above RRP? haha
                        Not for the wealthy-and-willing-to-spend people la

You are actually referring to ALL local ADs already
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by geoteow View Post
                          AD will ask u to buy a few platinium daydate with diamonds and rubies before they let u buy a steel daytona at retail price.
                          ehhh.. this sounds a bit like how Panerai boutique (S'pore) was doing. Not sure if they are still promoting this initiative. About a year or two ago, while I was looking at some watches at the ION Panerai boutique, a salesman offered me some form of 'membership' where if I were to buy one (or more) watch at retail price, I would be entitled priority to buy a base (PAM) model at a small discount, or retail price (I have forgotten the details).

I and walked out of the boutique
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

will this article help you decide to buy between omega and rolex?

read it here
                            I have been about 40% Omega and 60% ROLEX all this while. After this article, my percentages have changed.....

ROLEX
                            omega

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Go checked out few local ADs for this C Daytona.And yes they do sell at MSRP now....but, Always "no stock" anywhere....so it's as good as "none". They keep all the "stock" for other reason lol!!!

https://allanmodel.shutterfly.com/

Current collection
                              sigpicAquanaut 5167/1A
                              ♕Yacht Master II 116681
                              ♕Daytona 116500LN
                              ♕DeepSea 116660
                              ♕Submariner 116610LV
                              ♕Cellini Danaos 4243/9

Comment

the male engagement ring is ? click here[can't post link] to find out
                                LOL! Interesting...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X