Erp 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erp 2.0

by 2020, existing ERP gantries will make way to satellite based charging. this will also mean roadside parking will be replaced by satellite charging.

many people will be commenting that government will start to charge more saying more revenue for government.

however, i am more concern about PRIVACY. this will mean the vehicle will be tracked. this means big brother is capable of monitoring where your vehicle has gone. big brother is already capable of tracking user with the ez-link card. now the system is capable of tracking drivers.

another concern will be that the satellite will be capable of tracking the vehicle speed. does this mean driver will be issued a ticket based on the satellites?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

PRIVACY issue, yes I do agree. But well, there's always the public transport.

As for speeding, I guess the authorities are unlikely to come down hard on each individual vehicular movements unless they are investigating into a serious traffic accident or there are numerous complaints on a particular errant driver/rider.

Then there's also the legality of such information being used and if admissible in Court. As of now, after so many years, you still cannot tender any piece of information obtained from the lie detector machine, in our Courts.

So will the law 'legalise' information obtained from the satellite to be used against anyone, legally?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

fair enough.

each ez-link is tied to an NRIC number. i remember a case where there was a case where the suspect use ez-link card for mode of "public" transport and the police managed to use the ez-link card stored location to use against the suspect as to the suspect was at the vicinity of crime. hence the person using bus and train as mode of transport, technically information can be used against the individual.

the issue is are there any laws currently to protect the privacy of individuals here in singapore?

taking it forward to 2018 where the police will be using speed cameras to detect if a vehicle is travelling too fast. (read article here) likewise, instead of using 2 cameras to calculate the time travel between the fixed positions of cameras to determine the speed, what is stopping the police (government) from using satellite to calculate the speed between 2 points.

lots of information can be stored based on these satellites and they can be cross-reference to any other database that is already in place.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      PRIVACY issue, yes I do agree. But well, there's always the public transport.

As for speeding, I guess the authorities are unlikely to come down hard on each individual vehicular movements unless they are investigating into a serious traffic accident or there are numerous complaints on a particular errant driver/rider.

Then there's also the legality of such information being used and if admissible in Court. As of now, after so many years, you still cannot tender any piece of information obtained from the lie detector machine, in our Courts.

So will the law 'legalise' information obtained from the satellite to be used against anyone, legally?
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X