discussion - products made in china

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discussion - products made in china

there are watches and watch related products that are made in china.

some companies will inform customer that they are swiss design but manufacture in china. some companies will blatantly state that the item is from switzerland.

recently, i came across a watch related product sales threads - ..... from switzerland........having googled the brand, it is a product china, when i email the seller that the item is from china and not switzerland, the seller responded that they had register the brand with swiss industry standards. the seller further explained that a product once registered through the means, the product can have the word switzerland on it.

this means that china manufacturer is capable of making high quality products.

on the other hand, i feel that it is misleading consumers into believing that the product is from switzerland where from start to finish product it is not from switzerland but from china. just by registering the product with the swiss industry standard, the product can now have the label switzerland on it.

the seller further commented that another competitor brand products is not made in a particular country but also from china.

do you as end consumer feel "deceived" by such labeling?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Tks a lot for the info

Comment

used to be some branded italian products were more than 90% made in china but the label was fitted in italy, thus, thus an italian product....

personally i fislike being lied to, but i don't mind made in china, assemnled in USA/swiss....

hamilton for example,,,, american spirit, swiss movement,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        there are watches and watch related products that are made in china.

some companies will inform customer that they are swiss design but manufacture in china. some companies will blatantly state that the item is from switzerland.

recently, i came across a watch related product sales threads - ..... from switzerland........having googled the brand, it is a product china, when i email the seller that the item is from china and not switzerland, the seller responded that they had register the brand with swiss industry standards. the seller further explained that a product once registered through the means, the product can have the word switzerland on it.

this means that china manufacturer is capable of making high quality products.

on the other hand, i feel that it is misleading consumers into believing that the product is from switzerland where from start to finish product it is not from switzerland but from china. just by registering the product with the swiss industry standard, the product can now have the label switzerland on it.

the seller further commented that another competitor brand products is not made in a particular country but also from china.

do you as end consumer feel "deceived" by such labeling?
        The worst quality and workmanship...

Glad Rolex doesn't manufacture their parts to China, or do they??? Yikes!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X