Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you DIY?

Morning to all

I have been considering to change watch bands for my ROLEX watch. I have changed straps (including bracelets) on some of my other watches, except ROLEX. So far, I have been very careful and not left any scratched mark on most of them. Why am I not doing it to my ROLEX watch is because I have heard that changing watch bands on ROLEX watches is far harder and no matter how careful one may be, 'accidents' may still occur. Also, I used to feel ROLEX watches look best on their original bracelets, but over time, tastes changed and there are just so many beautiful straps out there to want to try them out.

So, my questions are:

1. Will you attempt to change strap on your own?
    2. Will you entrust this chore to a professional and pay a small fee for it (still no guarantee the watch will not get scratched)?
    3. Keep it original and con't to use the ROLEX watch as it is.

Just for discussion sake
    The Crown Of Achievement

1) yes
    2) no except for one staff at THG
    3) reference to answer 1. change between bracelet and rubber and strap

before the bergeon 7825 came out. i would have seldom change strap because i'm not as skillful as watch technician using just the screw driver

as the 7825 is a fork tipped tweezer made specifically for hidden lugs of the current models of ROLEX. one can easily remove the bracelet. i still tape the lugs to prevent accidental mishaps.

there is one staff that i go to at THG should i need assistance because the staff will tape the lugs. in an event of removing screws at the lugs. the staff will place tape over the screw head. this is how meticulous this staff is. and i only trust this staff. locktite is also used when putting the screw back in bracelet.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

So, my questions are:

2. Will you entrust this chore to a professional and pay a small fee for it (still no guarantee the watch will not get scratched)?

Just for discussion sake
    Attached Files
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I did search for the 7825; found it. But when I learnt of the price, I nearly fainted

There's also the 6825 but currently out of stock.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

All the time.

Scratch?
        Cant be bothered with such scratches
        It's just hairline surface scratch, moreover its on a watch not on my skin. Hahaha

Comment

there is a forum member who has it for sale.

I did search for the 7825; found it. But when I learnt of the price, I nearly fainted

There's also the 6825 but currently out of stock.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Pardon me, but has what for sale? The 7825 or 6825?
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

No; but only because I feel that most of the Rolex I have wears best on bracelet. I have tried Rubber B on both my GMT and DSSD and, for me at least, I only preferred the rubber strap on the heavy DSSD. I went back to bracelet on the GMT with the quickness.

Comment

Originally posted by r3kahsttub View Post
                No; but only because I feel that most of the Rolex I have wears best on bracelet. I have tried Rubber B on both my GMT and DSSD and, for me at least, I only preferred the rubber strap on the heavy DSSD. I went back to bracelet on the GMT with the quickness.
                ahhh... I see, thank you for your opinion

I have always thought so too (ROLEX watches wearing best on bracelets), but when your collection grows over time, and each being on bracelet, sometimes, you just feel like changing one or two for a refreshing look; economical in a way too

Still contemplating...
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

1) always wanted to, but had great difficulty in getting the pin out (so there's scratches at the back of the lugs, but i dun care, i own the watch). Rolex watches are pretty versatile and pairing them with different straps (color, material, style) may even enhance the look/feel.

2) nope.

----

Got some nice advices from you guys during this year GTG, and finally managed to remove the bracelet. Currently on a leather strap (taken no pic yet).

在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Morning to all

I have been considering to change watch bands for my ROLEX watch. I have changed straps (including bracelets) on some of my other watches, except ROLEX. So far, I have been very careful and not left any scratched mark on most of them. Why am I not doing it to my ROLEX watch is because I have heard that changing watch bands on ROLEX watches is far harder and no matter how careful one may be, 'accidents' may still occur. Also, I used to feel ROLEX watches look best on their original bracelets, but over time, tastes changed and there are just so many beautiful straps out there to want to try them out.

So, my questions are:

Just for discussion sake

How? and why?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X