Warranty card with date or no date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty card with date or no date?

Recently I bought a new explorer2, yes the old one was sold 3 yrs ago. Explorer2 has the same movement as old GMT2 I believe there will be an upgrade on explorer2 soon, so keep yours. Old GMT2 uses 3185 movement which is the same as explorer2. New ceramic GMT2 uses 3186 movement so explorer2 may follow, as it is not cost effective to produce both 3185 and 3186 together.

Now i got a question to ask. My warranty card does not have date chop one it, is it ok? Do you all prefer watch paper with date or no date on it?
    Last edited by teo; 25-02-08, 04:19 PM.
    Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
    Rolex LV submariner
    Rolex TT black submariner
    Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
    Rolex Non date submariner
    Rolex Explorer2
    More...

Originally posted by teo View Post
    Recently I bought a new explorer2, yes the old one was sold 3 yrs ago. Explorer2 has the same movement as old GMT2 I believe there will be an upgrade on explorer2 soon, so keep yours. Old GMT2 uses 3185 movement which is the same as explorer2. New ceramic GMT2 uses 3186 movement so explorer2 may follow, as it is not cost effective to produce both 3185 and 3186 together.

Now i got a question to ask. My warranty card does not have date chop one it, is it ok? Do you all prefer watch paper with date or no date on it?
    w/o date better is that warrenty is "open" then u need then u go chop 1 urself...hahah

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

i prefer open aka no date no name if possible.

however, each rolex watch has a unique ID which is a combination of year of production code + serial number. as such, there is only so long one can 'extend' the warranty.

so that extra X period of time is better than nothing. on the hindsight, i have not come across any rolex that malfunction within the warranty period through normal wear and tear
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi bro,

This happened to me as well, i had bought myself a pam recently from a pre-owned shop. No date no name, so my question is should i go to service centre to get it chop or later. Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by flagship View Post
          Hi bro,

This happened to me as well, i had bought myself a pam recently from a pre-owned shop. No date no name, so my question is should i go to service centre to get it chop or later. Any advice?
          Alamak...u blow ur cover already when u go there and get it chopped. just b4 u go then u chop a decent date

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Aiya.. y didn't i think of that!! Anyway noted your advice

Comment

Speculation have been rife that some of the present models in the Rolex sports line are due for an upgrade soon but which paricular model is anyone's guess. I doubt that the explorer 2 (16570) would be placed on the no. 1 place in the queue for an upgrade simply because its more cost effective to produce similar movements (3186) as that found in the 116710. Upgraded models usually command a higher price due to the aesthetic and movement improvement in them. Like the 116710, it had the aesthetic upgrades in its creamic bezel insert, improved clasp, super case, solid bracelet, and upgraded movement with the Parachrom-Blu hairspring. These changes lead to higher prices and it was introduced after the TT GMT II was upgraded. But for 16570, I don't think that the notion of cost effectiveness alone would justify an imminent upgrade as there are aesthetic upgrades that Rolex may have to consider for it. I think that it may be the SD or TT SubDate that could be up for an upgrade as Rolex slowly introduce the cereamic inserts. But speculation is just some far-fetched personal thoughts, so lets hang on for a while and see what happen at the coming Basel world in April 2008. Juz my 2cents
              HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
              REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X